Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Any ad with Lucy Kennedy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Not having any issues with the Lucy Kennedy ads, I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

MJ23 wrote: »
    New Vodafone ad with the young wan on the phone to her friend. She's at a concert and tells her she's at home. Why?
    It's even worse than the auld lad sitting at home watching the the sons at the horse racing.

Because even with her closest friend she doesnt want to admit she is a Kodaline fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

**** off upc lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Everytime the ad comes on the telly, I want to punch Lucy Kennedy in her stupid face. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Stupid windscreen ad that starts by saying 'This is a safety message' and then ordering us to ALWAYS use Autoglass. Less of the aggressiveness please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

bnt wrote: »
    Another one where I forgot the product, but this time I could look it up: an ad for Galaxy chocolate. It looks like a scene from a 1950s movie, complete with a CGI version of Audrey Hepburn. It's bad enough that they're using her likeness - though I presume they got permission from her estate - but the result falls in to the "uncanny valley". It's close but not quite there, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I can admire the technical expertise and effort that went in to it, but it's totally unnecessary.
    Yes, her sons approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

madmaggie wrote: »
    The ad for the new series of School Around the Corner. The kids singing the theme song have gone all Dublin 4. Years back, when it was on the radio, it was real inner city accents. It seems all ads featuring 'children' have this accent.
    because they're the only children near recording studios.

The Stena line ads, something about 'everyone will want to be your friend'...

The VW ads, 'I must have left my glasses at home'...'They're on your head, sir'.
    WTF!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The one with the girls dancing around and singing with some alcoholic beverage. Very annoying.

'Don't stop till you something something. Something something its time to something'

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The VW ads, 'I must have left my glasses at home'...'They're on your head, sir'.
    WTF!

Exactly, very strange approach, are VW cars for people that are a bit thick or what's their aim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

The one with the girls dancing around and singing with some alcoholic beverage. Very annoying.

'Don't stop till you something something. Something something its time to something'

This is a great ad.

nicelives wrote: »
    Exactly, very strange approach, are VW cars for people that are a bit thick or what's their aim?

That's the impression the ads would give. Another VW one with the woman with lipstick all over her face, that annoys me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That ad is for West Coast Cooler, I know this as I've taken it upon myself to find the person who created the initial concept for the advert and slowly beat him to death with a teaspoon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,044 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

We've been fibre powered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

D'Agger wrote: »
    That ad is for West Coast Cooler, I know this as I've taken it upon myself to find the person who created the initial concept for the advert and slowly beat him to death with a teaspoon

Like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I found this quite amusing.. especially the "Awesome kind of energy" Lucozade parody. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen two on the bounce that set my teeth on edge.
    The McVities biscuits ad where the kittens and puppies crawl out of the wrapper and the go-daddy disembodied head.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The McVities biscuits ad where the kittens and puppies crawl out of the wrapper and the go-daddy disembodied head.

The one with the young guy going to his room with the packed. It is more like he's going to go up and have a posh **** or something, worse still is his sexface towards the end! Its disturbing on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Any ad with a fake makey-uppy family. Look, ye are actors, so don't go insulting me with the "family" rubbish. Tell me about the product/service and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Elmo wrote: »
    It is more like he's going to go up and have a posh **** or something

LOL, I've never heard that phrase! How does it differ from a normal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

fricatus wrote: »
    LOL, I've never heard that phrase! How does it differ from a normal one?

Light a few candles, maybe some incense. You know, treat yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Light a few candles, maybe some incense. You know, treat yourself...

I thought you lobbed on a johnny and did your business into it? Ive been living a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

That is a very weird ad and wouldnt make me buy their biscuits at all!! Strange strange ad..and a bit freaky !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I thought you lobbed on a johnny and did your business into it? Ive been living a lie.

Yeah there's that definition too. Never saw the reason for doing that to be honest.

Uh, more on topic, yeah those ads are strange. I mean, I don't hate them but you're looking at people opening up a pack of biscuits only to find a little animal, alive, trying to hop out. That's more like a creepy urban myth you hear, where someone swears they know someone who once bought a packet of biscuits and there was a rat in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Nearly every single ad on at the races and the incessant plugging for the galway races!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    That is a very weird ad and wouldnt make me buy their biscuits at all!! Strange strange ad..and a bit freaky !!
    Had quite a few people talking about it as it was fairly strange - mission accomplished - people talking about their product/advert, a bit like Cadburys with the drumming Gorilla a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for PayPal with the girl who is quite obviously American but they've dubbed her with THE most annoying British accent.
    "It's not calculus, but it is pretty smart".
    "Na na na na na..PEOPLE RULE"
    Fk. Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

fussyonion wrote: »
    The ad for PayPal with the girl who is quite obviously American but they've dubbed her with THE most annoying British accent.
    "It's not calculus, but it is pretty smart".
    "Na na na na na..PEOPLE RULE"
    Fk. Off.

Not to mention it's all a bit:

Isn't it terribly annoying have to go through all those security checks to buy stuff online? Why don't you just leave all your details there in one handy click? Passwords are so boring aren't they?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement