Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I don't really watch TV, and the ads are one of the reasons.

In general, adverts of alcoholic beverages really annoy me; The ones from a certain Dublin based beer brand are particularly bad, in my view, as they essentially back up the stereotypical idea that all Irish people care about is getting drunk off their faces.

I also concur with many other posters about the "ads with fake families", especially the ones where teenage kids are shown to have an athletic daddy that is at most 35 years old and an hottie mommy that can't be a day above 30.
    A particularly bad twist on the "happy family" ads are the ones where the various members are shown engaged in stereotypical activities - the kids acting like spoilt brats on their mobiles, mommy sipping tea peacefully and daddy slaving away on some brought-home work on his laptop (no doubt in order to pay the absurd bills racked up by his clearly disfunctional family :D).

Oh and jingles. Crime against mankind, I tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Mum, it's Mrs Snootypants", for Christ's sake, what clown came up with that, and got paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Na na na na na..PEOPLE RULE"
    Fk. Off.

"PEOPLE RULE" - what vacuous corporate claptrap. What does that mean?

They're trying to give off that whole San Francisco/Starbucks-type vibe. Vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

The AAAAAAAAllianz ad, grates me like no other ad has ever done, one of them sounds like she is in labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Are I Mad wrote: »
    The AAAAAAAAllianz ad, grates me like no other ad has ever done, one of them sounds like she is in labour.

The Chinese one who comes home to her apartment flooded?
    Yep, I want to poke her eyes out with rusty forks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The Stena line one where a woman with the strangest smile I've ever seen is complimenting the other person, and baking biscuits or something, she points at one and says this is you.
    I want to kick the tv...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Allyall wrote: »
    The Vodafone advert that's on 100 times a day. "No, no, I'm just a howme in my PeeJay's.. I can talk all night.." :(
    Thargor wrote: »
    That Vodafone crap is pure false advertising, whatever they're doing with software on their end is not going to make sweet feck all difference, its the design of the microphone and the speaker on the phone that matters 99%, why are they pushing it so hard anyway?

Probably because their calls and data are a rip-off from all the acquisitions during the boom times compared to Tesco/3/Meteor so they have to go with this nonsense when everyone else is talking about cutting costs and giving away freebies.
    MJ23 wrote: »
    New Vodafone ad with the young wan on the phone to her friend. She's at a concert and tells her she's at home. Why?
    It's even worse than the auld lad sitting at home watching the the sons at the horse racing.

I know i've said it.. But Jesus Christ, it is a horribly annoying advert.
    "You're not an idiot, he is" :mad:
    Etc..

God..
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I know i've said it.. But Jesus Christ, it is a horribly annoying advert.
    "You're not an idiot, he is" :mad:
    Etc..

God..
    :mad:

She says 'Don't cry' in the most horrible, irritating way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

phasers wrote: »
    She says 'Don't cry' in the most horrible, irritating way too.

AAAAGGHH!! Just as i was reading your reply!! IT'S ON NOW!!

:mad::pac:

I don't know why I'm so surprised, as it has been on 50 times this morning. She has an incredibly irritating voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

AAAAGGHH!! Just as i was reading your reply!! IT'S ON NOW!!

:mad::pac:

I don't know why I'm so surprised, as it has been on 50 times this morning. She has an incredibly irritating voice.

Yeah Jesus it's like the TV is broken this morning. I saw it when I got up today, came to this thread immediately after to find everyone ripping into it. It seems to be on at every ad break on every channel today. "You're not an idiot, he is"...ah in fairness love, they're probably both idiots. And so are you. As someone said above, there's nothing in the ad to attract you to Vodafone. I left them a year ago and never looked back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new vodafone ad with the 2 women is driving me nuts.

I can't fully make out what they are saying , I can't tell the difference between the whingy one and the other one trying to support her in her supposed time of crisis.From my experience of women on TV they seem to spend most of their lives bitching about some fella who has let them down in some way can , I'm pretty sure women have fuller lives in reality but instead we always get these boring fcuking stereotypes of women crying over some fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Th Activia ad with Sharkira as the face (or stomach!). "Because when your tummy smiles, you do too"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

UPC ad with the pretentious cow on it and that damn new running ad, stupid pop ups is how I am seeing them, I am no longer a slave to tv advertisements.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The running ad is total toss, and shouldn't your man be looking for Amber instead of narrating stupid ads? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That ad with the two twits in the car. One twit annoys the other by implying her father is a lunatic or something (he seems to make a drinking motion, but he's making the gesture by the side of his ear :confused: ). He then sends her a text which is read aloud by the car. Annoying music intensifies as they both explode laughing and continue on their journey. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Any "Go Compare" ad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Menoforce.

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

If I see that stupid Herbal Essence ad with Nicole Scherzinger moaning YES YES YES one more time, I think I will blow a fuse :mad: It is shown over and over again and I'm being driven demented listening to her moaning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

tinkerbell wrote: »
    If I see that stupid Herbal Essence ad with Nicole Scherzinger moaning YES YES YES one more time, I think I will blow a fuse :mad: It is shown over and over again and I'm being driven demented listening to her moaning :mad:

I agree and now she's moaning too in the new Muller yogurt ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sky ad with Ildras Ilba
    Lotto ad on the mountain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Elmo wrote: »
    Lotto ad on the mountain

There's a special place in Hell for whoever came up with that ad. Now that they're going into private hands, they're being super-aggressive about encouraging people's gambling habits via smartphone. Disgraceful behaviour. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Yeah the Scherzinger ads are crazily annoying. I don't know who came up with the idea of making her make the most annoying sounds possible and making the most annoying smile at the end of it all.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yeah the Scherzinger ads are crazily annoying. I don't know who came up with the idea of making her make the most annoying sounds possible and making the most annoying smile at the end of it all.

does she say "people say I have no self respect even in my cervix"?

Sorry different ad

full version here http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/nicole-scherzinger-ad-manchester-fashion-6785642

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

The dulux paint (I think) ya man talking over ya one saying "I'm a coffee stain, I'm a coffee stain on your wall"...jezus H. He wud be a stain if I had to listen to him much longer !!

The UPC ad, jeez I hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

LynnGrace wrote: »

It's overkill. Even on the radio now non stop.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

LynnGrace wrote: »

Yer wan in it is such an unlikeable cow its a wonder they thought she'd convince people to buy anything.

Yer wan in it is such an unlikeable cow its a wonder they thought she'd convince people to buy anything.

Exactly. That voice goes through my head like a drill, 'the ph-oune, the laawptawp', and that's just [whatserface], Whawt, Whawt'...

I hate it. Definitely not convincing me to switch to UPC.

Newstalk

The guy doing air drumming
    The reporter being counted into to the report for TV

Confused ad TBH

At least they are using Irish Athletes to promote the channel station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement