Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bloke 1 does something absolutely amazing.

Bloke 2 comes up with 2 pints of Carling.

Just as Bloke 2 is about to hand a pint to Bloke 1 something happens to taint Bloke 1's achievement.

Bloke 2 withdraws the pint with the words "It's good, but it's not Carling"

At this point Bloke 1 should say "Fúck you!! I'd like to see you do that!! What the fúck did you do but queue at the fúcking bar!? I could do that in my sleep you smug prick!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Bloke 1 does something absolutely amazing.

Bloke 2 comes up with 2 pints of Carling.

Just as Bloke 2 is about to hand a pint to Bloke 1 something happens to taint Bloke 1's achievement.

Bloke 2 withdraws the pint with the words "It's good, but it's not Carling"

At this point Bloke 1 should say "Fúck you!! I'd like to see you do that!! What the fúck did you do but queue at the fúcking bar!? I could do that in my sleep you smug prick!!"

The bigger problem with that ad is that it totally overlooks the fact that Carling is like drinking dog pi$$ out of a cup made of sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The Fanta advert, the crappy song makes it more annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for All-Bran, especially the bit where the woman's running and she sings "Mighty real!"

Also all the Special K ads, encouraging you to do their diet.
    Why are they using models who are all no bigger than a size 10?!

This post has been deleted.
    Ahh noooo!! - I love that ad. The squeaky trolly bit is the best:D.
    Must admit I haven't heard the Luton Airport version tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Fanta ad.

F**k off. You expect me to believe that someone will stay still while asleep for that long??!! Oh and when you tickle someones face they wake up they dont feckin rub it. Add an annoying "Oh look we're young yay!" song and i swear its the worst ad at the moment...

That butter ad where the kids walk in on the parents doing it. I mean what the hell? Creepy and annoying...

The UPC one. "Being a UPC customer gets me something money cant buy. Peace" But you only have peace because you're paying for UPC?? Some flawed logic there

Smug git on the lotto ad. " Two weeks. The Bahamas. On me" Ugh. Hope he gets mugged...

First post on here and you may have noticed but i feckin despise adds. This is some great stress relief...

*Breathes heavily*

The unbelievably creepy Cravendale ad with the cookie boy and his cookie family.

Fanta ad.

F**k off. You expect me to believe that someone will stay still while asleep for that long??!! Oh and when you tickle someones face they wake up they dont feckin rub it. Add an annoying "Oh look we're young yay!" song and i swear its the worst ad at the moment...

That butter ad where the kids walk in on the parents doing it. I mean what the hell? Creepy and annoying...

The UPC one. "Being a UPC customer gets me something money cant buy. Peace" But you only have peace because you're paying for UPC?? Some flawed logic there

Smug git on the lotto ad. " Two weeks. The Bahamas. On me" Ugh. Hope he gets mugged...

First post on here and you may have noticed but i feckin despise adds. This is some great stress relief...

*Breathes heavily*

You will be safe here, you're among friends now.

Oh, and I just saw an ad that's back again that I had hoped had been flushed down the filthy toilet that is advertising history, the ****ing cover in a click dot ie ad, easily the most infuriating jingle I've ever heard, and all the actors in it are represented by constantly changing still photos of them looking like mental defectives. Blood needs to be spilt for that ad, or else we aren't learning as a species.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That no 7 ad where they stopped people's access to mirrors for 4weeks.
    Yeah right, I hate hate hate that ad.

Lisha wrote: »
    That no 7 ad where they stopped people's access to mirrors for 4weeks.
    Yeah right, I hate hate hate that ad.

Ugh yeah and the fact the short-haired woman is CRYING at her appearance.
    C'mon now, we've all found a cream that gives us nice skin but CRYING over it? And it's just not true that they took their mirrors away from them.
    It's impossible to avoid a mirror in real life ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ugh yeah and the fact the short-haired woman is CRYING at her appearance.
    C'mon now, we've all found a cream that gives us nice skin but CRYING over it? And it's just not true that they took their mirrors away from them.
    It's impossible to avoid a mirror in real life ffs.

^^^^^^Exactly what I wanted to say but I was so cross I was unable to articulate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

'We're taking your mirrors away from you so make sure you close your eyes when you're washing your hands in public toilets.'

Apart from anything else, if you don't look in a mirror for 4 weeks, you're more than likely going to think you look much better than you remember when you do look in one, cream or no cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

If you're not going to look in a mirror for 4 weeks I bloody hope you're not driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

God those VHI ads are getting worse, saw one today where this posh talking taepot "broke his finger playing hockey".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Those aldi and lidl ads

Yes I'm a real person, yes I use those products, yes I was in that ad

Yes you are a real annoying person!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the lotto add running all weekend, was saying that this Fridays euromillion is going to be a €100 Milllion jackpot.

todays euromillion in about €90 Million, and there is a draw tonight.
    so is no one going to win it tonight?? or if its won tonight, will it be €100 Million on friday as well.?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Just saw that new VHI with darren..you know..the hockey player, with the finest dort accent you ever heard, broke his finger you know so being a vhi member he was fixed up and his weekend of champers and finger food wasn't a total washout....

That Rte one where the bearded tit says "the quality has gone through the roof in recent years", he must of been on about the quality of the repeats cause i'm seeing things for the third and fourth time these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

denlaw wrote: »
    Just saw that new VHI with darren..you know..the hockey player, with the finest dort accent you ever heard, broke his finger you know so being a vhi member he was fixed up and his weekend of champers and finger food wasn't a total washout....

A hockey player, with a Dort accent... and he's called Darren? :confused:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

West Coast Cooler with the 3 knobs dancing. wtf is wrong with them? And yer one comes in and sees the other two dancing and just jumps right in?

And the pregnancy test dubbed one with the idiot who says "oh my god I think I'm gonna cry!" - why? Was it your fella that knocked her up?? ffs

No 7 "Ta Dah"

"Feed their personalities"

The tampon add that actually shows red stuff being absorbed into a tampon. If I'm ever in the room with my dad and that comes on I'll dig a hole and jump into it.

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    A hockey player, with a Dort accent... and he's called Darren? :confused:

:D

Maybe he was adopted like ivor ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kaycee2

The add for Plenty kitchen rolls

The actor looks like a lot like Nicholas cage and says 'Juan sheet of plenty does plenty',there's a bit where they do a shot of him wiggling his bum and he's wearing tight black leggings it's just so wrong

Speaking of leggings, the adds for sanitary products and there's a lot of them, showing women horse riding/skiing/sky diving in tight white leggings- the reality would be more like women with hot water bottles, packets of painkillers surrounded by chocolate wrappers and growling at anyone coming within a few feet of them

Kaycee2 wrote: »
    The add for Plenty kitchen rolls

The actor looks like a lot like Nicholas cage and says 'Juan sheet of plenty does plenty',there's a bit where they do a shot of him wiggling his bum and he's wearing tight black leggings it's just so wrong

Speaking of leggings, the adds for sanitary products and there's a lot of them, showing women horse riding/skiing/sky diving in tight white leggings- the reality would be more like women with hot water bottles, packets of painkillers surrounded by chocolate wrappers and growling at anyone coming within a few feet of them

Meh, I like the Plenty ads, they're just the right side of sarcastically ridiculous.

As Charlie Brooker once pointed out though, it sounds like he's saying "One sh1t". As in, "one sh1t does plenty". Once you've been told that, you can never hear anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

amdublin wrote: »
    Those aldi and lidl ads

Yes I'm a real person, yes I use those products, yes I was in that ad

Yes you are a real annoying person!

The Aldi ones in particular. Thank fook they stopped the ones where they were all shouting about '60 euro a week', or whatever it was. The guy who used to say 'what's that in a year' used to make me want to kick the tv. He should buy a calculator...in Aldi, if it's that hard for him to multiply 60 by 52.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"The Ladbrokes Life"

Ugh, thought this "geezer/out with the lads/living the life" crap died in the recession. How does pissing your future away in a bookies equate to a fun social life in their minds anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Thargor wrote: »
    "The Ladbrokes Life"

Ugh, thought this "geezer/out with the lads/living the life" crap died in the recession. How does pissing your future away in a bookies equate to a fun social life in their minds anyway?

Couldn't agree more. I'm surprised Danny Dyer didn't turn up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Theres one for Flora Buttery where a cartoon family are making cakes.
    The kids find Mum and Dad 'wrestling' in the bed together

Why the hell do they need to bring sex into a Flora Buttery advert?

It bugs me every time, so unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Also the Harvey Norman recent ones with that idiot Lucy Kennedy trying waaayyy too hard to be funny and just looking like a d!ck instead - cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Theres one for Flora Buttery where a cartoon family are making cakes.
    The kids find Mum and Dad 'wrestling' in the bed together

Why the hell do they need to bring sex into a Flora Buttery advert?

It bugs me every time, so unnecessary

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/11/20/flora-stands-wrestlers-light-hearted-take-family-life-despite-asa-complaints

My biggest problem with this ad is not the things that happen in it, but the animation.

Whoever thought the following...

(1) Each of the family members should be bug-eyed, with virtually no nose
    (2) The dog should have some sort of moustache, and move around as though he's on acid
    (3) Real-life slices of bread, and real-life Flora, should be keyed in instead of just drawing the things
    (4) The dad should wear a dressing-gown that surely would look ten times better on the mum

...needs to be tied to a chair, with balls and chains on both ankles, and forced to watch Postman Pat over and over. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Confused.com and their asshole robot, I'd love to take a crowbar to him.

This is the latest one, the most annoying line is at the end. "Bye small person" :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement