Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Liked that Carlsburg "crate escape" advert when it came out first but now it's gone a bit stale

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

uggybear wrote: »
    Liked that Carlsburg "crate escape" advert when it came out first but now it's gone a bit stale

Not half as stale as this and nothing like as quickly though. :p

Carlsberg_Stills_.10-600x337.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

hate any ads with gays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

You know the vhi advert where your man breaks his finger....... Oh good lord. Gives me the feels of irritation:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sniperman wrote: »
    hate any ads with gays

Apart from pointing out the obvious homophobic connotations/politically incorrect and should be scolding you etc..

What ads have noticeably gay people in them? I can't think of one.. :confused:
    I can't even think of an advert with a known gay person in it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Allyall wrote: »
    Apart from pointing out the obvious homophobic connotations/politically incorrect and should be scolding you etc..

What ads have noticeably gay people in them? I can't think of one.. :confused:
    I can't even think of an advert with a known gay person in it..
    Someone is starved for attention, I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

sniperman wrote: »
    hate any ads with gays

Gay Byrne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Like someone said earlier: Any advert with unsuspecting members of the public in it whos opinions always support the product - yeah right ...

A big one : YOuTube Adverts. Google destroyed YouTube. I clicky clicky click those feckers, those adverts are rude , popping up while I am busy watching. Cant wait until YouTube has some competition ..

I clicky clicky click those feckers, those adverts are rude , popping up while I am busy watching. Cant wait until YouTube has some competition ..

http://adblockplus.org - No more clicky clicky click :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The new Tampax Fresh ad. It says "It absorbs the period so there's no odour".
    Well, sorry to be graphic here, but ALL tampons do that. Scenting them or calling them FRESH isn't going to make them any different!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

fussyonion wrote: »
    The new Tampax Fresh ad. It says "It absorbs the period so there's no odour".
    Well, sorry to be graphic here, but ALL tampons do that. Scenting them or calling them FRESH isn't going to make them any different!!

Well said.

On the same note, what's with all these scented panty liners?

"Infused with the scintillating scent of moonbeam flowers and fairy kisses"

Eh, not for long love :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fiolina wrote: »
    Well said.

On the same note, what's with all these scented panty liners?

"Infused with the scintillating scent of moonbeam flowers and fairy kisses"

Eh, not for long love :rolleyes:

At last, someone else who sees it!
    They sell scented tampons which I just don't understand...scented for who?
    Don't get it. Another marketing ploy! :)

it's not like we're going around sniffing them. why make the, scented. and seriously those girls that all happy during their period, for the love of god can't those girls just slap the makers of those adverts and tell them to get real?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How the hell are people still complaining about Youtube adverts? Adblock got rid of them years ago. I notice 4oD wont start the programme if you dont switch it off and watch the ad though, shape of things to come for Youtube Id say.

That smug mother in the UPC ad is the worst, cant stand her.

Thargor wrote: »
    How the hell are people still complaining about Youtube adverts? Adblock got rid of them years ago. I notice 4oD wont start the programme if you dont switch it off and watch the ad though, shape of things to come for Youtube Id say.

That smug mother in the UPC ad is the worst, cant stand her.

I see the annoying adverts on my iphone most of all. can I block them from that ?

I see the annoying adverts on my iphone most of all. can I block them from that ?

Adblock For iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

denlaw wrote: »
    That Opel ad for the 4 wheel drive at the top of the shopping centre with that German model driving and yer man comes over with his finest south county Dublin accent asking her if she needs some help....

it is an obnoxious advert no matter what accent it is dubbed in

But I do like that fact that they went with the most over the top punchable voice they could come up with for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Currently, the McDonald's ad "Taste" is getting really annoying with it's music

thanks ... but I think it says I will have to pay for it eventually .... Cant wait to have android instead of this iphone nonsense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Currently, the McDonald's ad "Taste" is getting really annoying with it's music
    And the fact that they're patronizing us by implying the healthy foods people are cringing at are disgusting whereas their bland mush is attractive. The ugly cnut they have at the end who takes a fake bite of the burger then looks off to the side makes me want to fling the remote at the tv.

• Advertisement

thanks ... but I think it says I will have to pay for it eventually .... Cant wait to have android instead of this iphone nonsense :D

I think there are a few adblockers available when you jailbreak your iPhone...

"Oi had moi finger brewken playing hockey"

Loike, fock off VHI Swift Care Clinic:mad:

The kid telling his mother she's the best... Kids go free with stenaline...........

The over acting does my head in. Who puts and scripts kids in ads.. :mad::mad::mad:

The kid telling his mothe she's the best... Kids go free with stenaline...........

The over acting does my head in. Who puts and scripts kids in ads.. :mad::mad::mad:

I absolutely haaaaate that ad. In the radio version it's so obvious that the "child" is an adult trying to do a child's voice:(

I absolutely haaaaate that ad. In the radio version it's so obvious that the "child" is an adult trying to do a child's voice:(

Thank fcuk i haven't heard that.. Radio out the window.. :D

"Oi had moi finger brewken playing hockey"

Loike, fock off VHI Swift Care Clinic:mad:

yup, this advet:mad::mad: seriously he would get laughed at by the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

The Elite Singles ad on the television and that D4 bellend in his shítty blue suit that you'd see Trigger wearing on Only Fools & Horses, as he says at the end of the ad, "I only date the truly exquisite"....

*Slap*....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm sure no nonsense have been mentioned on here before, but they really need to be told that they are an annoying bunch of tosspots. They could be half the price of the next quote, and I still wouldn't go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

What's this, you ask?
    Oh it's just a...

rage-inducing
    welcome-overstaying
    TV-muting
    channel-changing
    Youtube-ad-skipping
    sky plus-fastforwarding
    screen-kick-inviting
    urge-to-kill-rising

...annoying kinda advertising
    *ssssip-aaaaahhhh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The Elite Singles ad on the television and that D4 bellend in his shítty blue suit that you'd see Trigger wearing on Only Fools & Horses, as he says at the end of the ad, "I only date the truly exquisite"....

*Slap*....

LOL, and it's usually someone called "Simon, Entrepreneur", which actually means bellend with a Blackberry and a laptop, going to meetings in a Merc whilst trying to get a roomful of unpaid interns to set up "the next Amazon" on the cheap! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement