Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Fiolina wrote: »
    "Oi had moi finger brewken playing hockey"

Loike, fock off VHI Swift Care Clinic:mad:

They can shove their unnecessary adverts to a captive market, VHI swiftcare clinic and Nurseline where the sun don't shine. The only 'innovation' I want from them is lower prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

UPC ad's are getting too much to take. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    You know the vhi advert where your man breaks his finger....... Oh good lord. Gives me the feels of irritation:mad:

And he's moaning because his weekend might be a write off.

What an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The background music in the VHI ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

uggybear wrote: »
    Liked that Carlsburg "crate escape" advert when it came out first but now it's gone a bit stale

Tired of it after about two viewings tbh. It's way too long and only mildly amusing. Speed change the channel every time when I hear the first two notes of the music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The background music in the VHI ads :(
    Everything about the VHI ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't stand the new Cillit Bang ad, it's so bloody cringeworthy.

UPC ad's are getting too much to take. Enough is enough.

Is it my imagination or is the price of UPC going up well past the rate of inflation ? do they think they are the VHI or what ? My broadband used to be 25 euro a few years ago .Now its over 40. This is another company taking the piss and forcing their ''innovations' onto people

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it my imagination or is the price of UPC going up well past the rate of inflation ? do they think they are the VHI or what ? My broadband used to be 25 euro a few years ago .Now its over 40. This is another company taking the piss and forcing their ''innovations' onto people

Best BB provider out there IMO.
    I, m on 200 meg broadband and couldn't be happier.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Best BB provider out there IMO.
    I, m on 200 meg broadband and couldn't be happier.

I want cheap reliable broadband. They give me 2 out of those 3. In the last 5 years of recession and deflation the price has gone up a lot for my basic broadband subscription. And each time the price goes up they give some excuse that they made it faster, introduce a new innovation etc . None of which I want. I would even be happy with half the speed they claim to give me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The constant bloody Hyundai ads during the football on Rte.

That voice makes me want to kill...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Adds with kids in general annoy me for some reason.

Its like they expect me to buy whatever they're selling just because they shove a kid in my face. 9 times out of 10 they're irritating brats anyway. That Stenaline add is a prime example . The worst offender is that "Petit flious milkshake" one. Everything about that add drives me absolutely nuts to the extent that I cant even watch the whole thing....

Banking adds. They literally lie to your face about "caring about your needs". No you dont. You want my money and if I ever failed to make a repayment you wouldnt hesitate to boot me out of my house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

9 times out of 10 they're irritating brats anyway. That Stenaline add is a prime example . The worst offender is that "Petit flious milkshake" one. Everything about that add drives me absolutely nuts to the extent that I cant even watch the whole thing....

I'm sure I've mentioned both of those, and If I haven't it's because I thought I did and didn't want the World to know how much I really hate those ads..

The Petit Filous ad is some actresses daughter (I searched to find out if anyone hates it as much as I do :D)
    The Stena ad..... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertising graduates, they must learn all of those "Skills" that have been perfected since the 30's or 50's, and < 1 out of 10,000 seems to have any actual creative initiative (No doubt a marketing phrase).

Anyone that is any good at it, uses his/her skills where it's needed most, Convincing CEO's of Companies to use their crappy ads.

"Research has proven that the general public are morons, and will believe anything we tell them. I am proving that point right now, by convincing you to go with this campaign......."

Rant over (until more annoying ads are repeated 1,000 times over a weekend or continuously over a sporting event)...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On UTV last night I saw an ad for A McLean Bookmakers, fronted by Norn Iron sportscaster Adrian Logan and their slightly racist makey uppy Brazilian Footballer.....wait for it....Refundinho. See what they did there?

The ad looks like it was made for £50 by a transition year class as a class project and is as you'd expect, incredibly bad.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Jikashi wrote: »
    What's this, you ask?
    Oh it's just a...

rage-inducing
    welcome-overstaying
    TV-muting
    channel-changing
    Youtube-ad-skipping
    sky plus-fastforwarding
    screen-kick-inviting
    urge-to-kill-rising

...annoying kinda advertising
    *ssssip-aaaaahhhh*

Yer mans facial resemblance to Kanye West increases his punchability no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Irish Ferries

The Who's 'ur blokers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Elmo wrote: »
    Irish Ferries

The Who's 'ur blokers

The WiFi users. **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Adds with kids in general annoy me for some reason.
    There seems to be a ton of new ads featuring annoying little brats :mad: What annoys me most about them is their stupid contrived false accents :mad: Most of them put on such stupid accents that it's impossible to understand what they are saying, not that I would have the slightest interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fiolina wrote: »
    "Oi had moi finger brewken playing hockey"

Loike, fock off VHI Swift Care Clinic:mad:

Was it the middle finger? ;)

TV ads for adverts.ie reminding me of how they are blowing the money extracted from inferior changes in the site.

RIP to what was once a good site.

I had a look through Facebook and found an amazing selection of items in buy/sell/swap groups based in Dublin and other parts of the country, where you can private message anyone you want, its free and haven't found anyone there who couldn't spell either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The 100mph one showcasing RTE Two's 'finest' programming amid Mario Rosenstock/Miriam O'Callaghan shrilly roaring "genuinely" and some other gombeen mouthing "stop....the lights"

and still not as bad as the Bird Eye one with the annoying woman phoning Sean during the football match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Just wondering why isn't there an advert identifier thread on here? Was watching STV last night for a World Cup match when at half-time an ad for a Scottish beer came on but couldn't see or hear the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

"x box record that"....answers phone "YO"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

uggybear wrote: »
    Just wondering why isn't there an advert identifier thread on here? Was watching STV last night for a World Cup match when at half-time an ad for a Scottish beer came on but couldn't see or hear the name of it

Describe the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jmorrisey wrote: »
    "x box record that"....answers phone "YO"

Kinda scary.

Who says it has to be voiced commands?

a whirr a buzz and a beep in the right order at the right pitch could set off all sorts of commands (even if not connected to the internet).
    V4zOtyl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

So, how many times have those STUPID "bin it your way" chewing gum adverts shown up in this thread?

I hate them sooooooo bad......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

the lucozade one about "Spreadsheet smashing" does my brain in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Sam Kade wrote: »
    There seems to be a ton of new ads featuring annoying little brats :mad: What annoys me most about them is their stupid contrived false accents :mad: Most of them put on such stupid accents that it's impossible to understand what they are saying, not that I would have the slightest interest.

Could not agree more. I feel like kicking the tv or radio when I see/ hear ads with kids in them, with those put-on accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres an ad for a new women only insurance company on atm and depending on how often they show it I think we could have a new star of this thread :D

It cuts from one woman talking about doing away with cliches and stereotypes straight to another woman talking about pressing the pedals in stupid shoes or looking in the mirror a lot, then they all give a load of smug looks to the camera and Katie Taylor comes on and slurs her words like she just had a stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The 100mph one showcasing RTE Two's 'finest' programming amid Mario Rosenstock/Miriam O'Callaghan shrilly roaring "genuinely" and some other gombeen mouthing "stop....the lights"

and still not as bad as the Bird Eye one with the annoying woman phoning Sean during the football match
    What really winds me up about this is them flat to g Connor McGregor shouting "60 g's baby!" on his UK debut (it's the prize given to the best knockout win of the night).

RTE never showed that. So why are they trying to take credit for it? They ugh as well slap some Superbowl highlights in there while they're at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement