Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

I've been fiber powered, have you?

No ****. I wouldn't touch eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

rotun wrote: »

and I'm in idiot for spelling fiber wrong :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bird's eye chicken grillbites is more than a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

UPC doing well with the ad so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Elmo wrote: »
    UPC doing well with the ad so :pac:

Lol!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The Spotify add

"Comes with free headbanging, the robot......and .......that guy"

Hate the song and the guys voice. Spotify aint even that good....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The SMA ad featuring that Nancy Wilson song. telling parents "you're doing great." I have to turn off the channel its on when I hear the first bar of it. hard to stomoch that ad when you are trying to calm down a collicky baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Spotify add

"Comes with free headbanging, the robot......and .......that guy"

Hate the song and the guys voice. Spotify aint even that good....
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or not that the ad also implies everyone in it is off their head on pills, mdma or something along those lines. Especially "that... guy".

Also I have also noticed that by listing all that stuff as their extras they are basically saying "also comes with... well sweet f*** all else, really."

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the fibre powered broadband advert. the mother is sooo annoying :mad::mad:
    Always giving out downloading and streaming. You know... teenagers!

Seriously, how out of touch is this ad? Whoever made it has some idea that the Internet is still only used by teenagers and young people. Except the problem is that not only are the teenagers of the Napster years now in our mid 20s and even 30s but the likes of Skype and Netflix have made the high bandwidth stuff something that is used by people of all ages.

For Christ sake another company is running an ad showing some guy in his 70s getting the knack of using Skype with his 50-something daughters, and Vodafone (I think?) has some guy in his late 70s on a high quality smartphone video call to his son who has gone to the races, because he felt too old to go himself this time.

And here's this irritating eejit trying to tell us that this stuff is only used by "y'know... teenagers!" It might be less annoying if she weren't irritating in the same way as that "in... Terenure!" AIB woman from a few years ago, but it would still be wildly out of touch for a company selling broadband!

The SMA ad featuring that Nancy Wilson song. telling parents "you're doing great." I have to turn off the channel its on when I hear the first bar of it. hard to stomoch that ad when you are trying to calm down a collicky baby.
    Sorry Billy, listen more carefully next time. YOU are not doing great I have to tell you, only moms are.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Always giving out downloading and streaming. You know... teenagers!

Seriously, how out of touch is this ad? Whoever made it has some idea that the Internet is still only used by teenagers and young people. Except the problem is that not only are the teenagers of the Napster years now in our mid 20s and even 30s but the likes of Skype and Netflix have made the high bandwidth stuff something that is used by people of all ages.

For Christ sake another company is running an ad showing some guy in his 70s getting the knack of using Skype with his 50-something daughters, and Vodafone (I think?) has some guy in his late 70s on a high quality smartphone video call to his son who has gone to the races, because he felt too old to go himself this time.

And here's this irritating eejit trying to tell us that this stuff is only used by "y'know... teenagers!" It might be less annoying if she weren't irritating in the same way as that "in... Terenure!" AIB woman from a few years ago, but it would still be wildly out of touch for a company selling broadband!

exactly and that face, grrrrr i feel like giving her a slap. her face is on the side of buses down here in cork, :mad::mad:

i agree with everything else you say as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

You really should'nt dismiss fiber, without my wheetabix my 'download speeds' could get mired in a bottleneck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Hotels Combinded ad where the lad is apparently having a complete melt down.
    "Yes Kevin, we're taking you to a very special hotel with lovely padded walls and you'll get your own jacket with sleeves that tie round the back so you won't have to worry about the breeze."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nigelradion2

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

yeah. those bloody "123" adverts! have to switch channels every time they come on! they drive me nuts!

The Vodafone advert where ur wan is on the phone to her friend who's after breaking up her b/f

Arrrgghh so much with that advert.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    The Vodafone advert where ur wan is on the phone to her friend who's after breaking up her b/f

Arrrgghh so much with that advert.

Completely agree. Its dumb on so many levels.

A. What kind of idiot buys a concert ticket only to waste it because you were listening to some fool crying for 3 hours??

B. What kind of needy annoying friend will ring you and talk non stop for 3 hours. I mean surely she knew yer wan was going to the feckin concert?? Man that friend is an ass.

The tone of voice she uses drives me nuts as well "Dont cry.....". You'd swear she gave a damn. Oh of course the man is the one at fault for breaking the relationship as well *sigh*

And then she says we can talk all night. I mean havent you been talking for 3 hours already?? And the friend is clearly going to hear background noises of the city too like.

"Oh I'm just in my PJ's". Ugh I wanna vomit.

The thing that annoys me most is how phony it it. I mean call me heartless but if I spent money on a concert and someone rang me because they broke up I'd tell them to f**k off until tomorrow morning :D

For the lolz they should re shoot the ad with the one on the other end crying about Garth Brooks :)

That's why I don't like the advert. I know if the Garth brooks concert went ahead my friend wouldn't dream of ringing me during the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The "222" ad with the cartoon hairy men in tutus. Alright, it was kinda funny the first time, but wearing very thin now.

What the hell is UPC up to? They'll drive away potential customers with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

All of the new Meteor ads.

Did Andrex just make an add with kids taking about how they felt after using toilet paper???!!!

I think they just did. *Facepalm*

How these awful things pass the marketing department I'll never know.

Jesus what an awkward, cringe worthy add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

All of the new Meteor ads.

Jesus H fcukin Christ...I just saw the one where some Yank wan is a games developer, gets dumped, sells a game for 17m and sets up a website designed piss the ex off. Then the voice over at the end is like the no nonsense guy. I'm actually angry after seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The one where they tell the kid Grandad was too expensive, so they have replaced him. Yeuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jesus H fcukin Christ...I just saw the one where some Yank wan is a games developer, gets dumped, sells a game for 17m and sets up a website designed piss the ex off. Then the voice over at the end is like the no nonsense guy. I'm actually angry after seeing it.

It actually makes me cringe. Of course the intelligent female games designer is just a jealous woman who spends all her time talking about men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Makes one wonder if having a room temperature IQ is a requirement for working in the Irish TV advertising business. It is almost as bad as the advert where some idiot had the latitude of the equator mixed up with the North Pole.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

I hate those ****ing AIG adverts with that grinning **** who wears a blue bathrobe and shuffles about with a cup of tea in his hand. Get dressed you ugly lazy basatrd and go to ****ing work before I take a blow torch to your bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

mark_79 wrote: »
    I hate those ****ing AIG adverts with that grinning **** who wears a blue bathrobe and shuffles about with a cup of tea in his hand. Get dressed you ugly lazy basatrd and go to ****ing work before I take a blow torch to your bollocks.

And his Smiths cover band pretentious looking ****bag mate could do with a blast of the torch and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Maybe being annoying is a valid strategy for ads? As in you may hate the ad but it sticks?

Surely the McDonalds ads they were running all through the world cup couldn't appeal to anyone. Nobody makes these kinds of faces eating what they're eating unless mentally you're not quite with it. And then the final cut with the lad and the girl eating MD. Pretty plain folks these two and looking a bit rough around the edges. They didn't pick these people (faces) and put them into these clothes making these faces by accident. Surely there is a strategy behind it. Probably deeply psychological and whatnot. Oh god I hate marketing people.

Still can't stand McDonalds tho.

There is this ad of four lads having a great time doing all the laddish things being great lads (voiceover reminding you of that) but of course integral part of that is sports betting. Can't remember the betting company. Its all betting all night long if you watch Sky Sports and they're all terrible.
    Stick one on it. Viiiictoooooor. FFs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Boskowski wrote: »
    Maybe being annoying is a valid strategy for ads? As in you may hate the ad but it sticks?

I think that depends on the ad. I think Go Compare is a good example of it.

If an ad annoys me enough I'll avoid the product on principal. Like Barrys Tea. Oh God, those ads fcukin kill me. I would willingly drink piss instead of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

uggybear wrote: »
    The Fanta advert, the crappy song makes it more annoying! :mad:

I would love to know how many teenagers would actually do half of that crap anyway :rolleyes:

Hipster overdose. Plus the song is muck.

Posh girl misses gig so she can chat to her heartbroken friend, can her friend not wait a few hours. The girl was in Fair City makes me hate the ad even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The trivago ads that show on every fkn ad break. And the motorcycle aware ads are doing my nut in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement