Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Trivago girl in that pidgeon infested swamp land called Venice.
    That bloody song!

Also, the current Meteor campaign is easily worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Trivago girl in that pidgeon infested swamp land called Venice.
    That bloody song!

And it's bullsh1t anyway because there are no hotels in Venice that are that cheap. Not ones that she would stay in anyway. It's ferociously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

saw the metoer advert. good thing i didn't have a brick, because i was ready to throw it at the cinema screen. grrr it's not rocket science. seriously bull crap

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

That radio ad for Lyca(?) mobile "call your mammy", don't think any ad has ever got under my skin quite so much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

And it's bullsh1t anyway because there are no hotels in Venice that are that cheap. Not ones that she would stay in anyway. It's ferociously expensive.

Unless you go at the end of February/beginning of March, after their festival, and during the stinkiest, dullest time of the year......
    Everywhere is still ridiculously expensive, but the Hotels are slightly cheaper.

♪ ♫ It's this one I know it is I know it is, ♫ this one I know it is I know it is, this one I know it is I know it is, it's this Ooonnnnee, it's yoU.. ♪

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Allyall wrote: »
    Unless you go at the end of February/beginning of March, after their festival, and during the stinkiest, dullest time of the year......
    Everywhere is still ridiculously expensive, but the Hotels are slightly cheaper.

♪ ♫ It's this one I know it is I know it is, ♫ this one I know it is I know it is, this one I know it is I know it is, it's this Ooonnnnee, it's yoU.. ♪

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never hated a song so much in my life,

Is it just me or right before the part you quoted,when the woman is hugging the sheets, does he say seeexxxxxxxx .

It could just be my sick mind but I swear thats what I hear. Next time you see it look out for it lol

Is it just me or right before the part you quoted,when the woman is hugging the sheets, does he say seeexxxxxxxx .

It could just be my sick mind but I swear thats what I hear. Next time you see it look out for it lol

You're asking people to sit through that ad/song :eek::eek:

;):D

(I will)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

does he sex lol

Success

Neeson wrote: »
    Success

He drags the end of that word out so long you cant blame me for mishearing it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Im not sure its as bad as this. The unending whining of this one is getting on my nerves to the point where I leave the car radio switched off

• Advertisement

Dove men and their antiperspirant adds.

Hate that horn that sounds half way through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

That new west coast cooler ad, "you're not in kansas anymore tuddo" Yes TUDDO!!
    oh christ above

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

West Coast Cooler and Vodka

I didn't realise that West Coast Cooler is an Irish Drink
    I now think that the rule on Dubbing is if the product is Irish then the ad must be produced in Ireland and if not then the actors must be dubbed?????

The ad itself is bonkers
    Girl 1: This place is filled with men
    Girl 2: We're not in Kansas anymore toto (oddly she looks like she talks like who ever dubbed her, but perhaps its just bad dubbing)

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hotels Combined.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Maybe mentioned before but that fanta ad, ****ing hell, if I hear we are yu oh ung ung I'm gonna crack, aswell as that trivago ad where your wan is posing the ****e out of it looking all contemplating the importance of her own **** and wallowing in her own filth rolling around on the the bed sheets looking all happy and what not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Elmo wrote: »
    West Coast Cooler and Vodka

I didn't realise that West Coast Cooler is an Irish Drink
    I now think that the rule on Dubbing is if the product is Irish then the ad must be produced in Ireland and if not then the actors must be dubbed?????

The ad itself is bonkers
    Girl 1: This place is filled with men
    Girl 2: We're not in Kansas anymore toto (oddly she looks like she talks like who ever dubbed her, but perhaps its just bad dubbing)

:confused:
    LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    oh christ above
    Its so weird, I assume that's supposed to be a straight bar they walk into from their conversation but there's about 50 lads going mad dancing with each other, and then the bug eyed one looks around her like she's never seen the inside of a pub before... what is the message supposed to be or did it make more sense in a different language?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Any ad glorifying tv licence inspectors, they work all hours and can speak any language and detect any excuse. It's a wonder they didn't get a proper job with their knowledge and ability to work long hours :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

That Galaxy chocolate ad where the woman gets off the bus stuck in traffic into random blokes car putting the bus drivers hat on him, all the while having that Moon bloody river song played over it.
    I'm not a violent man but the condescending way she puts the hat on him and gets into the back of the car boils my piss!!

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Its so weird, I assume that's supposed to be a straight bar they walk into from their conversation but there's about 50 lads going mad dancing with each other, and then the bug eyed one looks around her like she's never seen the inside of a pub before... what is the message supposed to be or did it make more sense in a different language?

West Coast Cooler is an Irish Drink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coast_Cooler

Can you get it in other countries?

Though the ad makes no sense at all. Even trying to explain it makes no sense.

Never knew it was Irish, never seen anyone drink it in this country and I worked in some seriously busy hotels in the good times, everywhere seemed to stock it in the fridges but nobody ever ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Never knew it was Irish, never seen anyone drink it in this country and I worked in some seriously busy hotels in the good times, everywhere seemed to stock it in the fridges but nobody ever ordered it.

I bought some to go k-nacker drinking when I was about 19. Never again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's totally a gay bar though right???

The Emerald City...full of "friends of Dorothy"

Who ever in WCC paid money to some some ad agency were sold a pig in a poke methinks!!!!!!!

amdublin wrote: »
    It's totally a gay bar though right???

The Emerald City...full of "friends of Dorothy"
    Oh yeah, never even occurred to me, still makes no sense though, 15-20 years ago was when it was edgy for heterosexuals to drink in a gay bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Actually the song is sung by an Irish band called "All The Luck In The World"
    “I want to go to Venice,” says the woman in this TV ad for Trivago, the hotel price comparison website. The soundtrack is a song by Irish band All The Luck In The World. It’s called “Never” (helpfully subtitled on the sleeve “The Music From The Trivago Commercial”), and it’s available to download from iTunes.

here's the link to the full blog post: http://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/tag/trivago/

uggybear wrote: »
    Actually the song is sung by an Irish band called "All The Luck In The World"/

Christ, imagine going to Whelan's or similar and they started playing their "claim to fame" song.. :mad:
    I think there'd be plenty of drink spat out.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChillMhantain

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    oh christ above

Watching a lot of 4OD lately, this seems to be their most used advert, never hated anything so much in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On WCC, yes it is an "Irish" brand, though owned by Pernod Ricard. Are there plans for expansion into other Pernod Ricard territories? Yes.

As to who commissioned it? Ultimately that decision falls to the Marketing Director….who used to be boss of an ad agency in Dublin.

Don't ask how I know these things!

• Advertisement

Don't ask how I know these things!

Was the ad produced in Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement