Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

West Coast Cooler should be declared a criminal organisation for producing this irritating attrocity.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Elmo wrote: »
    Was the ad produced in Ireland?

Do you mean was it made in Ireland? The ad agency are Irish and the creative idea + script would have originated from them, but it could have been filmed anywhere - most big brand ads are filmed abroad abroad for cost purposes (usually South Africa). That said, it doesn't look or feel like a "big brand ad" so maybe it was shot in Ireland? If you're really interested I can find out? Leave it with me a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Do you mean was it made in Ireland? The ad agency are Irish and the creative idea + script would have originated from them, but it could have been filmed anywhere - most big brand ads are filmed abroad abroad for cost purposes (usually South Africa). That said, it doesn't look or feel like a "big brand ad" so maybe it was shot in Ireland? If you're really interested I can find out? Leave it with me a few days.

It is just the bad dubbing that has me interested. As point out in other posts allot of english language ads get an Irish accent dub rather than keeping the original, the girls in this ad seem as if they have been re-dubbed by Irish voice over artists rather then keep the original voices.

It is just the bad dubbing that has me interested. As point out in other posts allot of english language ads get an Irish accent dub rather than keeping the original, the girls in this ad seem as if they have been re-dubbed by Irish voice over artists rather then keep the original voices.

Honestly haven't paid that much notice to it and have only seen it once, I'll keep an eye out for it and check. I'd be very surprised if that was the case though as the main market for the brand is Ireland so it makes no sense to overdub from another language or use another country's ad in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What song would you pick for an ad for the iPhone?

Well, some unbearable arsehole at Apple's marketing department saw fit to bring in a random moaning busker that he came across on his morning commute.

• Advertisement

Just saw the WCC ad again. The dubbing looked fine to me apart from one small piece at the beginning that you'd have to be watching closely to catch. The VOs on ads like that are mostly done in post-production so it could be something as simple like that or they possibly added another word into the script in post. Never thought a WCC ad would garner such attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

What song would you pick for an ad for the iPhone?

Well, some unbearable arsehole at Apple's marketing department saw fit to bring in a random moaning busker that he came across on his morning commute.
    Apple's named its new iPhone 'Trivago'? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Just saw the WCC ad again. The dubbing looked fine to me apart from one small piece at the beginning that you'd have to be watching closely to catch. The VOs on ads like that are mostly done in post-production so it could be something as simple like that or they possibly added another word into the script in post. Never thought a WCC ad would garner such attention!

I think everyone fancies the women even though the ad is annoying. Tis alright to admit it lads

I think everyone fancies the women even though the ad is annoying. Tis alright to admit it lads

Not me! You'd see better looking and more attractive women on Grafton Street any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not me! You'd see better looking and more attractive women on Grafton Street any day of the week.

Yeah but you can fancy them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Go Compare Insurance ad. Drives me Insane

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Has the aldi posh tits been done yet, yer one with the wierd accent at the end has me throwing the remote at the telly again. These twats are like the women from a golf club with their put on false accents even though they were bog/howya's growing up ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The liberty insurance ad that fella deserves a box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Go Compare Insurance ad. Drives me Insane

can the singing guy come back. he was less annoying than what they have now

Nah the whole ad is badly dubbed, the voice does match the picture, its sync correctly alright. The brunet has a look of Katy Perry about her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuGkkYDWxk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I can't find this West Cooler ad...anyone got the link?

fussyonion wrote: »
    I can't find this West Cooler ad...anyone got the link?

In my last post???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The ad with Katie Taylor in it, it's cringeworthy. I don't know any of the others in it. Every line is awful, (challenging footwear, eff off, WTF) and the way they speak. Ugh.
    Jeez I'd nearly prefer the wan going on about 'her friend Jane being fibre powered' , and I hate that ad.

The Katie Taylor certainly wouldn't encourage me to get insurance with whatever company it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

In my last post???

TODDO!
    :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I also hate the UPC preying mantis lookalike telling us her decrepid friend Jane has been fibre powered. Let's hope the fibre is connected to the mains and other end to her snizz. what a C**T advert

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    the Katie Taylor certainly wouldn't encourage me to get insurance with whatever company it is.

And I certainly won't be going to that insurance company, SO **** YOU insurance. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Nah the whole ad is badly dubbed, the voice does match the picture, its sync correctly alright. The brunet has a look of Katy Perry about her.

I presume shes supposed to be saying "We're not in Kansas now Toto" but the way she says it sounds like "We're nod a canvass now total".

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Wheres that?Is it somewhere on the East Coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Yeah.

The VO in that youtube clip is different to the TV ad. It has higher speaking, lower music too.

Ok............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Ok............:rolleyes:

An amazingly good guess, wouldn't you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

I can't stand the ad for Meteor with the blonde girl with the bun in her hair and the hipster glasses, rabbiting on about how she sold her game for '17 million' (multiple eyebrow raises).

Having said that it is nowhere near as painful as the West Coast Cooler ad where that girl goes 'We're not in Kansas anymore Todo'. It actually makes me want to tear me own face off. :mad:

Just had to get that off my chest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The Aldi ad where the women are having a conference about f__kin' yoghurt. Especially when one mentions something about silver packaging and her buddy beside her cuts across her bellowing YEAH, YEAH, YEAH in agreement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Jikashi wrote: »
    The Aldi ad where the women are having a conference about f__kin' yoghurt. Especially when one mentions something about silver packaging and her buddy beside her cuts across her bellowing YEAH, YEAH, YEAH in agreement

You wont believe this but I was gonna mention that ad,and for EXACTLY the same reason!!
    You'd swear they were having a really intellectual or imperative discussion the way they're carrying on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement