Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Jikashi wrote: »
    The Aldi ad where the women are having a conference about f__kin' yoghurt. Especially when one mentions something about silver packaging and her buddy beside her cuts across her bellowing YEAH, YEAH, YEAH in agreement

If it's the one I'm thinking of though, yer one in the pink top is some little yummy mummy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hate those Aldi ads. You'd swear it was some life or death issue they were discussing.

The Vodafone ad with the girl going into the concert 'we can talk all night'. Yeah, I get it about the background sound, but I keep thinking I wouldn't want her near me if I'd paid a fortune for a concert ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

"FINE", I said..."Check it out!!" .... F*ckin UPC broadband woman, what a beeitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    "FINE", I said..."Check it out!!" .... F*ckin UPC broadband woman, what a beeitch!
    Hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The Clarion Hotel add.

The whole "kids as adults" thing makes no sense whatsoever. You're advertising it as a hotel for adults and kids and yet you only include kids?? The hell were they thinking, And that scene with the boy with the newspaper checking out the little girl who walks by is creepy on so many levels!! :O

That RTE add doing the round. Its for the kids show they have on there in the morning. Some annoying brat on a microphone

"The adults are all doing booooorrriiiinnnngggg things". Those boring things get you an education you little bollox!! His voice just wrecks my head.

You may have noticed but I'm not the biggest fan of kids....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The DOE ads for drink driving.

Especially the one with the girls doing their makeup/selfies in the car...the blatantly-too-young mother and her two ugly kids in the back seat...the lads with the iPod in the back.
    The music by Ronan Keating-esque Diana Vickers....

I don't get these ads. Was at a mate's earlier and the ad came on twice.
    They're only on UTV or Channel 4..NEVER ITV.
    So is drink driving just a problem in Northern Ireland?

This is why I don't watch UTV/Channel4..always stick to ITV and the English Channel 4.
    Sick of the DOE ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    "FINE", I said..."Check it out!!" ....

I always think she should be wearing a baseball hat turned backwards when she's saying that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Clarion Hotel add.

................... that scene with the boy with the newspaper checking out the little girl who walks by is creepy on so many levels!! :O

Couldn't agree more. Horrendous stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Vag wrote: »
    I can't stand the ad for Meteor with the blonde girl with the bun in her hair and the hipster glasses, rabbiting on about how she sold her game for '17 million' (multiple eyebrow raises).

Just seen it.
    Stupid, STUPID ad.

I dunno whats more annoying-her scathing american accent or the completely unfunny sheit thats coming out of her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Seasan wrote: »
    Just seen it.
    Stupid, STUPID ad.

I dunno whats more annoying-her scathing american accent or the completely unfunny sheit thats coming out of her mouth.

Just seen that ad....

Is that Nancy from Peep Show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not a hope, Nancy was way better looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's an ad on at the moment for cheese strings, where the cgi giant cheese freak is leading a bunch of kids (the "brave bones club"? The "break bones club"? Either way they should all be shot and thrown in a creek) in a march and a song. He sounds like he has an injury induced mental defect. It's on a lot.

Not as much as the Vodafone one though, which is back on heavy rotation. I know we've all complained about it, but seriously, love, **** off into your ****ty kodaline concert and stop telling idiots they aren't idiots. You're not qualified to make that judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

There's an ad on at the moment for cheese strings, where the cgi giant cheese freak is leading a bunch of kids (the "brave bones club"? The "break bones club"? Either way they should all be shot and thrown in a creek) in a march and a song. He sounds like he has an injury induced mental defect. It's on a lot.

Makes me think of the south park movie.
    " I don't know what I've been told......
    ..... Canadian p*ssy is mighty cold!"

Also there is a 1 second shot of the kids marching past 2 stunned looking random pet rabbits..... which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The Trivago ad with the gee bag looking for a hotel in Venice; "can you show me how?" I can show you how to make me pushing you off of that balcony into the venetian canals look like an accident. The song in the background is poxy as well.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    The Trivago ad with the gee bag looking for a hotel in Venice; "can you show me how?" I can show you how to make me pushing you off of that balcony into the venetian canals look like an accident. The song in the background is poxy as well.

"""It's this one, I know it is, I know it is, it's this one...it's you"""

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

fussyonion wrote: »

Spot on. Sung by some snivelling little git looking for his hole off some young one. Cringe worthy stuff.

Glazers Out!

fussyonion wrote: »

Yeah seriously, you're booking a ****ing hotel, it's a boring, menial task. You might as well have that kind of soundtrack on an ad for washing powder or toilet cleaner.

That would be brilliant though, an ad for domestos, with someone cleaning ****-streaks off the jacks bowl, with that song in the background and someone with a massively bloated sense of entitlement asking 'will you show me how?'.

Makes as much sense as the Trivago one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

nullzero wrote: »
    Spot on. Sung by some snivelling little git looking for his hole off some young one. Cringe worthy stuff.
    Ever see that guitar smashing clip from the movie "Animal House"? The one where some hipster dork is singing about boneless chickens and the John Belushi character takes the guitar and smashes it against the wall? That's what I think about when I see that damned whiney Trivago advert. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just saw a an advertisement for 3. Didn't catch the whole thing, but it shows a girl talking to people, and she pulls her ear, subtitles "Come Save Me", then a guy says "Three Little Words..."

Is that the same girl from the really annoying Vodafone accent/advert?
    "You're not an idiot, he is." Outside the concert..

They look very similar if it isn't.

EDIT (Just googled three little words) - This advert https://www.facebook.com/3Ireland/posts/640667752620085
    and this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgc-c4ZhJzk

Allyall wrote: »
    I just saw a an advertisement for 3. Didn't catch the whole thing, but it shows a girl talking to people, and she pulls her ear, subtitles "Come Save Me", then a guy says "Three Little Words..."

Is that the same girl from the really annoying Vodafone accent/advert?
    "You're not an idiot, he is." Outside the concert..

They look very similar if it isn't.

EDIT (Just googled three little words) - This advert https://www.facebook.com/3Ireland/posts/640667752620085
    and this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgc-c4ZhJzk

I doubt it, the one in the Vodafone ad is just a really annoying little kid. The one in the 3 ad is a really smug adult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If it's a phone company then the ad is automatically shyte.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Every single cheese-strings ad since they started, what twenty year ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The current head n shoulder ad that promises to save all women who have, horror of horrors', thin hair...
    It is IMHO one of the saddest portrayal of women in an ad I've seen for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Lisha wrote: »
    The current head n shoulder ad that promises to save all women who have, horror of horrors', thin hair...
    It is IMHO one of the saddest portrayal of women in an ad I've seen for a while.

Saw that just this evening. Rubbish ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Your one from the SSE airtricity add sounds like there's something wrong with her.
    Can't put my finger on it, but I imagine it's like how the brown note would sound if a human could generate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

rotun wrote: »
    Your one from the SSE airtricity add sounds like there's something wrong with her.
    Can't put my finger on it, but I imagine it's like how the brown note would sound if a human could generate it.

I think thats Charlene McKenna,the one who played that pain in the hole "Jo" in that programme "Raw" that was on for two seasons.I used to hate her character-always with a chip on her shoulder and that put-on spaced-out way she used to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Mum, Teddy's very not well, actually, a kinder chocolate bar might make him feel better..."

:mad::mad:

Allyall wrote: »
    "Mum, Teddy's very not well, actually, a kinder chocolate bar might make him feel better..."

:mad::mad:

They've changed it.
    It used to "Teddy's very very not very well."
    Now, instead of changing it so that the little brat is speaking CORRECTLY, they've just taken out a "very".:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

twerking granny in a tracksuit for some online shoe store.

goes somthing like "half of you are wondering how this gran can twerk so well, the rest of us are wondering where she got her shoes". tbh, i would say the rest of us were wondering who let an elderly lady wear a velour tracksuite and 6 inch leopard print sandles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It's 4 women car insurance :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement