Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Carrs Table biscuits

And the Aldi ad with the howya child and posh voice mummy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Carlsberg. The Great Escape thing. And it seems to be around forever.

Probably the most stupid ad ever. I actually change the channel for

the 2 minutes it's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Worst ad of 2014 so far.

The ladies insurance one is a close 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

This post has been deleted.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Re the 'car cation' ads, someone said, either on this thread, or elsewhere on boards, 'it's not a car cation, it's just travelling by ferry, bringing your car, something people have been doing for years'. So true!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

It turns chicken, into chicken curry and chips,

INTO CHIPS CURRY!!

OHHHHHHH

Shut up please! Driving me nuts that. His voice just goes right through me. Fecking hate it. Nice sauce though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a new one of those family banter fish finger ads and its the worst one yet because all the actors are so ridiculously fake in it: "You'd better have the last fish finger so", horrible ads.

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a new one of those family banter fish finger ads and its the worst one yet because all the actors are so ridiculously fake in it: "You'd better have the last fish finger so", horrible ads.

If they were at all realistic then they'd have the young boy screaming at his mother asking her for the next COD, the teenage girl screaming at her mother for not buying her 1D tickets and the father would be roaring at them all to shut up so he can watch the game.

If they were to use the above in the add then it'd be more entertaining and realistic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Raven_SK

i am sick of seeing Hotel,Trivago. add would love to throw girl off the balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Another mention for the UPC advert with the girl busking. It's been on between 10 and 20 times in the past hour and a half.. :(

I was just wondering does she know how to play the Ukelele or Mandolin, or whatever she has in her hands. I know I'd feel like a complete tool standing there in front of a crowd pretending to strum that thing and singing that God awful song.. (even if it was for a sh!tty ad and they were actors)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,944 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That feckin know-all squirrel making the Smithwicks.
    Now where's me gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

amdublin wrote: »
    KBC ad just played during ad break of sunday game, anyone see it?

It's horrible.

Does anyone know when this will not be shown anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The McDonnell's Curry advert with yer man acting like Dougal from Fr. Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's horrible.

Does anyone know when this will not be shown anymore?

Thank god I was getting paranoid it was just me.

Horrible. That is exactly the right word to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

It turns chicken, into chicken curry and chips,

INTO CHIPS CURRY!!

OHHHHHHH

Shut up please! Driving me nuts that. His voice just goes right through me. Fecking hate it. Nice sauce though.....

Did no one ever tell him it was curry chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

uggybear wrote: »
    The McDonnell's Curry advert with yer man acting like Dougal from Fr. Ted!

I seen this today for the first time, is he taking the p*ss out of the beardy bloke who likes ham, the star of a million sandwiches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't watch Irish telly so these ads mean nothing to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

that ad is racist. why is the Asian one going wee-o-wee? Edit - the real ad has her speaking perfect English. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jltMLa-KA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Why does Katie Taylor have to hold up her gold medal at the end? Don't think I've seen any of the British Olympians doing the same in the dozens of ads they have been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The ad about loans/mortgages where the little boy talks about his grandparents kicking his mum and dad and him out of their house. Drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sam Mac wrote: »
    The ad about loans/mortgages where the little boy talks about his grandparents kicking his mum and dad and him out of their house. Drives me nuts.

"It's full of moiunsters, loike!"

HotelsCombined.

Everything the husband says/does makes me want to throw the remote at the screen.

Sam Mac wrote: »

They've done a terrible dub job on it too.

When it was first on TV here it wasnt dubbed, then the dubbed version appeared.

Why didnt they just stick with the normal version??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Why can't the Irish advertising marketers hire someone cool to voice or act out their ads?! Forget fcuking Lucy Kennedy, give us some Kevin Bacon! ee did it over in the UK and I must say he makes any ad bearable! He is so goddamn cool! :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

that ad is racist. why is the Asian one going wee-o-wee? Edit - the real ad has her speaking perfect English. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jltMLa-KA

I nearly shat myself laughing at the Wee wee one.They should run that on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Yer wan at the start,wasn't she in that Louie Walsh one hit wonder girlband?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Aaagh! The KBC online bank ad with the "modern girl"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement