Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

So many arseholes.

They even rehash that dopey husband trope which is fast becoming the most over used cliche in modern advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Paul O'Connell. Christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

KBC woman. I just noticed she says this

"Broke up with my boyfriend online

I've a modern kind of life"

Thats not modern. thats being a cowardly *****. Good Lord. Very rarely does an add actually make you hate the character as a human being, but KBC have certainly accomplished it *applauds*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The McVities ad with the dogs and cats crawling out of the biscuit packets. I know it's supposed to be cute but I just find the imagery disgusting on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thats not modern. thats being a cowardly *****. Good Lord. Very rarely does an add actually make you hate the character as a human being, but KBC have certainly accomplished it *applauds*

I don't like any of them

Weird young/old fella living at home, raving like an e-head at the weekends
    Smug modern one
    Smug in love one
    Smug I think I am hawt single aul wun who likes free stuff
    Young fella in suit pretending to be big biz exec
    Moany woman with her menagerie of animals and yaaaawnnnnn, a husband
    Budget(??) guy with his vintage(??) car
    Hipster girl with her glasses

Did they donate their ad to college students for a college project or something maybe???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The McVities ad with the dogs and cats crawling out of the biscuit packets. I know it's supposed to be cute but I just find the imagery disgusting on every level.

Hate that ad, it certainly wouldn't make me buy the biscuits, it's vile, yeuch!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hate that ad, it certainly wouldn't make me buy the biscuits, it's vile, yeuch!

I like that ad!

amdublin wrote: »
    I like that ad!

Wrong thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The new Xbox advert that has modern movie speeches, it's just completely lazy on every level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Earlier today saw what is deffo going to end up on everones hate list.This ad for some breakfast cereal,can't remember the name,featuring a Bridget Jones type woman singing in a horrible voice a song about her dog(I think) and crying when being given a ticket by a traffic warden.

• Advertisement

Here it is,though the version I saw she had a British accent.

The horror, the horror. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXQ99j7SUje8458aLnxftfcYvBhjoHP9W4Iy7ThSuWBCWbyYoc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen the one where the hideous woman orders Tim to show Leon how everything he touches turns to skittles. Am I the only person who reckons he should reach up and gently caress her head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Funny thread.
    Id have to say the belvita breakfast biscuit add with the Lilly Allen wannabe sound alike gob****e

Mentioned already but the UPC add.
    I want to pull out my finger nails anytime it comes on. Your one the most stupid head on her he was right to take his money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Adamantium wrote: »
    This ad makes me

562.gif

And the worst thing about that advert is when one of the smug annoyances says 'We know we're the better drivers, sometimes in some pretty challenging footwear'.
    Doesn't she know that one is not meant to drive in challenging footwear, or else they might leave someone dead? And even the first part of that line is argumentative.

It's as bad as saying 'We know we're the better drivers, and often whilst texting my mates about how annoying these shoes are'.
    And as someone who likes Katie Taylor, it makes her annoying. It's just pain all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

And the worst thing about that advert is when one of the smug annoyances says 'We know we're the better drivers, sometimes in some pretty challenging footwear'.
    Doesn't she know that one is not meant to drive in challenging footwear, or else they might leave someone dead? And even the first part of that line is argumentative.

It's as bad as saying 'We know we're the better drivers, and often whilst texting my mates about how annoying these shoes are'.
    And as someone who likes Katie Taylor, it makes her annoying. It's just pain all over.

Judging by the mothers dropping their kids off at school this morning & every morning they are lethal on the roads and dog ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The Hellman's ad with Brian Blessed, the new dubbed version! Why did they think it necessary to tone down the 2 hairdressers?

That insurance ad...

At the beginning they say something like say cheerio to clichés and then go on to say every cliché in the book about being able to drive in crazy shoes and not being afraid to ask directions.

Who signs off on these stupid ads??

I swear some of it is "emperors new clothes" syndrome

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

darkdubh wrote: »

The horror, the horror. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXQ99j7SUje8458aLnxftfcYvBhjoHP9W4Iy7ThSuWBCWbyYoc

Jesus thats terrible.Her singing!

amdublin wrote: »
    That insurance ad...

At the beginning they say something like say cheerio to clichés and then go on to say every cliché in the book about being able to drive in crazy shoes and not being afraid to ask directions.

Who signs off on these stupid ads??

I swear some of it is "emperors new clothes" syndrome

Reinforces racist stereotypes too. Like the aforementioned 'lethal shoes' lady. You know that one about Asian drivers being bad ones, and then this lady, whilst talking about challenging footwear, just gives the impression of a bad Asian driver. And combine this with another stereotype of 'women drivers', you have a doubly offensive advert. And then all the damn nodding...ffs.

The ad with the dentist who sounds a bit like Miriam O'Callaghan. I presume it's for toothpaste but I hate the ad so much, I turn it off.

• Advertisement

Jesus thats terrible.Her singing!

For some strange reason, I actually like that advert. It's quirky, she's kind of an oddball, and I dunno, it just celebrates being able to handle a really crappy day.

And by all accounts I should hate it, but for some bizarre reason, it works. I think its because it just does something completely different compared to alot of the boring adverts.
    Honestly, even saying this now, I cannot believe I am typing it.

And the bint giving out about her husband.We'd never hear the end of it if it was the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Your new ad to despise is here & (drumroll)......it's the new Dairy Milk ad with the boogie song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Your new ad to despise is here & (drumroll)......it's the new Dairy Milk ad with the boogie song.

That one has been around a while now, then disappeared for a few months, and now for some reason they have resurrected it. Probably was meant as a sequel to the dancing eyebrow kids from years ago but not as good.

And the bint giving out about her husband.We'd never hear the end of it if it was the other way around.

Well that was a real Shinning moment (no not Shining)

c36f0ef5cac6a7c100a5312db604255aa6228d89e1ecdd32dd099573e611719c.jpg

Oh god! What's the equivalent of Optrex for ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Not an ad per say, but FM104 had a radio promo last week in support of Dublin GAA voiced by Mondo from Fair City.

Went somthing like "Me da died for the gaaaa....now I live for the the gaaaaa....I laugh at the culchies eatin the hang sangwitches...me yunone cries when shes on da hill coz men died to make it....we all sing in da pub aftar coz dats the gaaaaa"

and it was serious, not a p1sstake!

so glad dublin have been beaten.

cactuspaw wrote: »
    Not an ad per say, but FM104 had a radio promo last week in support of Dublin GAA voiced by Mondo from Fair City.

Went somthing like "Me da died for the gaaaa....now I live for the the gaaaaa....I laugh at the culchies eatin the hang sangwitches...me yunone cries when shes on da hill coz men died to make it....we all sing in da pub aftar coz dats the gaaaaa"

and it was serious, not a p1sstake!

so glad dublin have been beaten.

Just reading that made me want to punch the guy. Sounds like torture in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

UPC ad with 1 euro sky sport,dire song,awful ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement