Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

fobs wrote: »
    thats what I said when I first saw this add "Avoid the bank with the very bad lending criteria!" as if he is an unsuccessful actor why give him a mortgage!

He just has a very punchable face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Lizzykins wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Click Flooring ad at all. The voice over is done by someone with the weirdest accent I have ever heard. I don't know if it's meant to be Irish or some kind of poor attempt at Irish.

This ad drives me insane. Its like he is trying to do a northern irish accent but he can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

fobs wrote: »
    thats what I said when I first saw this add "Avoid the bank with the very bad lending criteria!" as if he is an unsuccessful actor why give him a mortgage!

Indeed. Do banks really lend money to young people with a self admitted unsteady income? No wonder the US lending firms have went tits up if they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

The country people in my class can't stand the guys voice in the eircom add, with the over enthused south dublin accent.

I think the worst onesare those 'call me up and talk' adds on TV3 after 11. They're always on during Law and Order and programs like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I LOATHE just about ever radio advert. It's as if they are aiming the ads at toddlers the way they f**king talk. Dire. They should just end advertising on radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The TV advert for 98fm.

"smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smi-i-i-i-iiiile" ??????

F*ck off! Shyte ad for a shyte radio station. Bunch of grinning gobshytes miming (badly) to a really really shyte song!!!

If I didn't hate 98fm before (which I did!), i certainly fkuking do now :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone see the new cornflakes ad with the dublin family?
    The boy in that ad has a MULLET! Holy ****.

Welcome to Foxrock, Arkansas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

That stoopid stoopid Heineken ad where the three dimwit Oirish boyos are asked to "do something Irish" by that freak behind the bar and then proceed to take the piss outta the Irish language. Ridiculing our national language, f***in' morons :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sack lunch

I can't believe they banned this ad because of complaints. It was brilliant! Apparently people thought they had made the dog shake by scaring it or whatever. Little dogs shake like that all the time.

Basically anything involving animals acting like people gets two paws up from me

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Q36gE4cafj0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I wouldn't despise it as such, but it's a bit...un-nerving. It's an ad for some sort of anti-worms medicine for dogs. it's usually on bus stops. Just a picture of a dog with a weird, pissed-off face and the caption says, "Worms? Absolutely not!" As if he's offended. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Halifax ads - all of em, the worst ad has to be that bank one, think its A.I.B where some part time feckless actor/tool gets a mortgage... yeah right. Gaviscon - what a feeling shyte, the one where the stupid cop woman is directing traffic.

Any day now we'll have those awful christmas ads...Pennys for a whole lotta ****e for christmas... bla bla...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

then proceed to take the piss outta the Irish language. Ridiculing our national language, f***in' morons :mad::mad::mad:

I don't think they're ridiculing the Irish language, more the fact that practically nobody in Ireland can speak it, but most of us would be able to string random Irish words together in a nonsensical manner.
    FearDark wrote: »
    Any day now we'll have those awful christmas ads...Pennys for a whole lotta ****e for christmas... bla bla...

Oh God, I'm really not looking forward to Halloween being over, because you're guaranteed that the Crimbo ads will start on Nov 1st. The shops are already stocking Christmas items, saw loads of stuff in Dunnes and Heatons at the weekend. The one I hate more than any other is the Coke one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

jor el wrote: »
    Oh God, I'm really not looking forward to Halloween being over, because you're guaranteed that the Crimbo ads will start on Nov 1st. The shops are already stocking Christmas items, saw loads of stuff in Dunnes and Heatons at the weekend. The one I hate more than any other is the Coke one.

"Holidays are coming, holidays are coming..."

Is that the Christmas Coke ad you hate? I despise it too, cheesy pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Miacc

god yeah, all of the above- ads are **** unless they're funny, but radio ads have to be the worst, especially the harvey norman add, or the eurocycles eurobabies ad (or are they the same ad:confused:), and cant forget the add for tiles where they're making out there's some crazy monkey selling tiles or something like that, for **** sake! ... i'd love to know how they do their market/adverising research.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Mac 3

My two cents:

The halifax adds, especially where they're all dancing around the beach..

Some toilet paper, they have a 2 year old dressed in a suit. kind of creepy.

Meteor, that guy in the yellow jumper drives me nuts.

Oatibix, i'd love to know what shes lookin at in the field. Whatever it is she cant take here eyes off it.

West Cost Cooler, Three wagons gettin ready to get plastered..

One for Guiness a few months ago, all these lads flying around inside some saxaphone or some instrument.. thank God thats gone..

I'm sure i'll think of more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Miacc

West Cost Cooler, Three wagons gettin ready to get plastered..

+1 about west coast cooler add! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That XBox 360 ad with the back of the head chopped off! Absolutely detest it. It's creepy too. Seems to be on every time ad breaks occur as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The new McDonald ad for the M Burger is stupid. You watch it, see he gets McDonalds and all but its kinda like "And the point of that was?" - not convincing enough to rush of and buy one anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The M burger is rather nice actually. :D

The ad is terrible thou. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

gocompare.com you could save money at gocompare.com

Those types of banking ads annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TriciaDelicia

11850 get that number nifty! Definition of 'nifty'; good,quick and clever.
    Lies complete lies!!!
    I really hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Two ads that really wreck my head at the moment: The new McDonalds one and the ad for Bud where there's a band playing and singing the same line over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That XBox 360 ad with the back of the head chopped off! Absolutely detest it. It's creepy too. Seems to be on every time ad breaks occur as well.

Actually don't mind the Rock Band one and the young fella playing Lego Batman with his Da. But the one with Goofy Rubber Lipped red haired one, who looks like she's actually been labotimized, turns my stomach and fills me with horror :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

But the one with Goofy Rubber Lipped red heared one, who it actually looks like she's actually been labotimized, turns my stomach and files me with horror :eek:
    Yeah. I'm the same. It just doesn't seem right for some reason and it's almost scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Teacherman

Any of those Anti-alcohol drink ads. You know the ones-"I've had enough" I'm against them because they are totally a waste of money. Does anybody know anyone who reduced down their alcohol intake as a result? Who didn't vomit in A&E or a taxi as a result of this ad? Why not take the money spent and put it into rehab centres or Comp for the victims of drink drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

that whistle at the end of McDonalds ads makes my skin crawl

RTE Fuel you Imagination
    FBD Sponsors of Fair City
    :mad:

Dell - I am green today .... I am orange today .... (So weird politcal song about a confused northern :) )

EasySingles add - Why do cats..... Think happy thoughts (Easy singles should be banned :) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I hate all ads, really and truly.

They grind my gears

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement