Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

That ad for Eastenders where the cast are singing REM's 'Everybody Hurts'

:eek: :eek: :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

The energia ad with the weird mumbling shape thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

The fcuking BT ad offering Sky Sports for a euro, the one where he gives the busker a euro then takes it back when he sees a billboard.

Bloody annoying song, and why is he on a scooter?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ScummyMan wrote: »
    The fcuking BT ad offering Sky Sports for a euro, the one where he gives the busker a euro then takes it back when he sees a billboard.

Don't worry, you're anong friends now. Read back over the thread, we're with you during this horrible time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Another thing about that ad is that it seems to be the default ad that loads in the Youtube app on my phone and the seem to have neutralized the adblocker somehow, at least you can skip it after a few seconds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I see that coffee ad where yer man sticks his head out the door into the rain to pretend hes been to the shops is back on.I have to mute that ad when it comes on because of that grating whispering voiceover.

That Littlewoods ad where a load of women dance along in a row towards whats her face in the middle is really starting to grate now, the music is head-wrecking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ScummyMan wrote: »

Because he is so gormless. It seems to take him forever to read the billboard.
    Don't worry, you're anong friends now. Read back over the thread, we're with you during this horrible time.

And so say all of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

That "Brave" ad is really beginning to grate. A bunch of banksters trying to pretend that they are your friend before mugging you with fees and interest.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Vag

"FrittaDas". Shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

jmcc wrote: »
    That "Brave" ad is really beginning to grate. A bunch of banksters trying to pretend that they are your friend before mugging you with fees and interest.

Regards...jmcc

Getting up at 6 in the morning is brave.

I get up at 5 in the morning does that mean I am extra brave and am entitled to a lower interest rate from that shower of cnuts.

The voice of the voice over actor is unbelievably annoying as well.

That BBC4 promo for the fashion programme theyre currently showing soley because it has a clip of that horrible bint Cilla Black shrieking "Its see through,what was I thinking?".Never liked her and I like her less since all those stories about her arrogant diva behaviour started circulating online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Regards...jmcc

That is what advertisers do though. Basically, they go out of their way to insult the intelligence of viewer or potential customer.

There seems to be an influx of these types of ads lately the somehow try to 'romantize' the product they are trying to push. That truly grating 'Brave' one is one example of this, but Jesus Christ above, the current Guinness one takes the biscuit. Portraying the ordinary Guinness worker as some sort of honest to goodness, salt of the earth type who live and breathe the product as if it had some sort of higher social purpose or something.

The Hans Zimmer type music then added to help stir some sort of false heroic notion about the whole purity of the scene really makes me want to find the people who sat around the big, polished table coming up with this utter ****e and smack them in the puss with a cricket bat.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Regards...jmcc

Yes that and any banking ad at the moment shower of fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Subway's "Train Hard. Eat Fresh" slogan/campaign. As if we're to believe any athlete, professional or otherwise, goes around eating that garbage.

Yeah an the total no-mark athletes they signed up because they were too cheap to get anyone recognisable, they're not even in the same room together...

Not an ad but has anyone been on Citylink buses lately? They've recorded a brutal safety message with some rugby team, it plays for the first 5 minutes of the journey and is the cringiest thing you've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Quorn ads with Mo Farah.

"There's no secret. You train hard and you eat right. Practice, protein. Practice, protein..."

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Iarnrod Eireann ad with the two guys nodding off on the train. It just makes me think I'd rather not use the train...

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The Iarnrod Eireann ad with the two guys nodding off on the train. It just makes me think I'd rather not use the train...

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That ad for Bold liquid with that irritating teenage girl-actually I hate everything about that ad-over the top cheesey and corney.
    But I don't get the part when the teenage witch(with capital B) says "go do some chores then".Is she telling her ma to do chores?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Every ad made in Norn Iron on UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Guinness ad really is annoying (along with most of their ads).

They go on about how much Ireland/Dublin and the people is part of their brand and what makes it unique yet the fcukers has had its head office in the UK for years.If they fcuking cared so much about this country they should have kept their headquarters here.

Secondly the new ad is now describing Guinness as Beer isn't Guinness meant to be stout?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Seasan wrote: »
    That ad for Bold liquid with that irritating teenage girl-actually I hate everything about that ad-over the top cheesey and corney.
    But I don't get the part when the teenage witch(with capital B) says "go do some chores then".Is she telling her ma to do chores?

No she says "I'll do some chores then"

She has weird teeth and gums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

LynnGrace wrote: »
    the gormless looking guy taking back the euro from the busker.

Just saw a McDonalds ad where some young one roots around for change then heads off to maccers and tries to pay for a burger with a hairclip. She pulls THE most gormless looking face I've ever seen when she is handed back the hairclip. Lips all pouted stupid looking head on her. I think it tops the gormless upc scooter clown!

Just saw a McDonalds ad where some young one roots around for change then heads off to maccers and tries to pay for a burger with a hairclip. She pulls THE most gormless looking face I've ever seen when she is handed back the hairclip. Lips all pouted stupid looking head on her. I think it tops the gormless upc scooter clown!

Haven't seen that one yet, but they used to have awful radio ads a while back. Once again, I used to think the ads would have the opposite effect to what was intended, i.e. putting people off the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dat song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Katie ... f*ckin ... boxer ... whatever her name is. The scratchy monotone is really just perfect for a TV ad. Gobsh*tes!

Regards...jmcc

Yes, that ad is annoying. 'Brave'...yeuch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

"That girl's a genius a woah oh woah oh"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement