Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That new version of the Katie Taylor ad is much much much worse than the first one. Why did they give her so much to say when other people in the ad could say it much better?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

As poor as it gets imo

That was just so strange.The guy who looked like he was going to a fancy dress party as Colonel Gadaffi was the most bizarre out of a very fecked up ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Lotto Ad with the "guru"

"Is it going to rain?"

"No"

*proceeds to start raining*

"Yes"

*stops raining

"No"

JUST.JUST.NO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

As poor as it gets imo

LOL The video has been removed by the owner....

It's not that easy owner ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

And here's someones little edit of the advert

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

FFS!

They've re-released the "Emma" advert.. But that's not the most annoying part.. They've DUBBED his voice with some other lad.. :confused::confused::confused:

So now, instead of saying "Emma" 5 or 6 times, he says "Emma" 5 or 6 times.

What utter pr!ck thought that was worth doing..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Allyall wrote: »
    FFS!

They've re-released the "Emma" advert.. But that's not the most annoying part.. They've DUBBED his voice with some other lad.. :confused::confused::confused:

Probably so many complaints about the original voice being too annoying.
    Pity they didn't complain about the whole bleedin ad being annoying.

And I see that the "Donal" ad is back with a vengeance rearin its ugly head again:mad::ma:mad:d:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

FFS!

It's the gormless faces he pulls that makes me want to strike him an infinite amount of times. So much hatred for that utter bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That new version of the Katie Taylor ad is much much much worse than the first one. Why did they give her so much to say when other people in the ad could say it much better?

I was just going to mention that advert, it's brutal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

FFS!

Oh christ no,I hate that horrible bastard with a passion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I know it's a delicate subject but the radio ad about farm safety where the whiny pansie son raves on about his dad in his most boring pansie voice. He tries to give the impression that he farmed the land with his dad not very convincing though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This post has been deleted.

Awful.The bit with her speaking to camera is cringeworthy.Does she blink at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

darkdubh wrote: »
    Awful.The bit with her speaking to camera is cringeworthy.Does she blink at all?

No, she's too busy staring into your soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think that new Vodafone ads with the 2 smug twats texting each other in the office is going to be popular in this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Gillette - "by a hair".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That's entertainment song- don't know what it's for- hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

LOL The video has been removed by the owner....

It's not that easy owner ;)

Sweet Jesus wtf is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Kirby wrote: »
    Brave is sticking up a simple ad stating why your bank is better than the competition with no gimmicks.
    Brave is putting out an ad that doesn't try to claim you are something you aren't.
    Brave is admitting you a soul sucking bank with absolutely no interest in the common man, only profits.

Brave is also a Disney movie.

When she says the word 'bustle' I really just want to throw something at the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

efb wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus wtf is that

One or two hotties in there but the whole hands on hips thing is just going too far.****ing joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

efb wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus wtf is that

Ave5z3Z.jpg

darkdubh wrote: »

Omackeral wrote: »
    No, she's too busy staring into your soul.

Probably wants it to join her bible thumping boxing club. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I can't believe Harvey Keitel is doing adverts for Direct Line Insurance as the Winston Wolf character.

Fu*k off and don't ruin a classic movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

KungPao wrote: »
    Gillette - "by a hair".

All I hear is "by a haaaa"
    Same as one of those shampoo ads, can't remember which one. I think it's Cat Deeley talking. She says "haaa caaa" about 5 times in it.

Or the GAA minor football ad. It's "Championships" not, "Champion-chips"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

MJ23 wrote: »
    Or the GAA minor football ad. It's "Championships" not, "Champion-chips"

That's where you're wrong. In GAA language, the appropriate pronunciation is actually "champenchip"! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

flazio wrote: »
    The new Renault Clio ad with a god awful out of tune song.

Got to be the worst advert on tv at the minute. Can't even remember the ad, all I can focus on is that absolutely f*cking awful song choice.

Subway, Garreh Twinkleman or some nonsense. Only seen once and hate it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Anyone seen the new Electric Ireland ad with the 2 daughters caked in make-up. Tv3 have been running it for a for a few weeks now. One of the worst I've seen for a while.

How come Irish make ads are always of a lower standard compared to British ads. There's no way they'd run something as bad as it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

The really really twee Avonmore ads. They have hit a new low of tweeness with the latest one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Irish Water ads along the lines of our water,our future.Some horse****e!Your water,our money more like!;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement