Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The ad where the dad says he has to let one of the twin girls go as they're essentially fulfilling the same role. This is cruel but my god they are the ugliest young ones I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Anyone seen the new Electric Ireland ad with the 2 daughters caked in make-up. Tv3 have been running it for a for a few weeks now. One of the worst I've seen for a while.
    Oh God yeah they are fooking HORRIBLE, makes me mad when it comes on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Hi, I'm Cynthia Hollman-Lee"............

Optilase..

Sweet Jesus.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Johngoose wrote: »
    Irish Water ads along the lines of our water,our future.Some horse****e!Your water,our money more like!;-)

Ah, but there are three convenient ways to sign up!!!! :P

It nice to have so many choices when you're essentially being extorted by gangsters. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Anyone seen the new Electric Ireland ad with the 2 daughters caked in make-up. Tv3 have been running it for a for a few weeks now. One of the worst I've seen for a while.

How come Irish make ads are always of a lower standard compared to British ads. There's no way they'd run something as bad as it.

I hate that ad.
    And the stupid head on the father, when he says to them about all the foundation, it's a sh1t ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Ulster Bank ad with the kid talking about "mommy and daddy getting a new house" the "monsters in the back garden" and so on is really starting to grate at this stage. Funny enough it's dubbed over from an ad they had/have running in the UK that ran over here at first, where the kid had a far less annoying voice. Strangely enough, they also cut out the part with his best friend/next door neighbour who was a black kid called Danny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Billy86 wrote: »
    Strangely enough, they also cut out the part with his best friend/next door neighbour who was a black kid called Danny?

Well in fairness, who would call their child Danny these days? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I heard that Danny said he was going to sue, if they ever showed that version of the advert again with the little turnip holding the dinosaurs telling everyone that they are best friends.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

fricatus wrote: »
    Well in fairness, who would call their child Danny these days? :p

Danny's a grand old name, sure! :D

It just struck me as really... strange. Because they left the rest of the mediocre enough ad in, but for some reason when he shouted "DANNY! Hey, Danny!" or something up to his mate in the original ad, it was actually very endearing/cute which seemed to be exactly what they were going for in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Billy86 wrote: »
    The Ulster Bank ad with the kid talking about "mommy and daddy getting a new house

Not a new house, but a new 'hooose' in that standard, yet truly soul destroying RTE approved D4 accent. Can't imagine that over-privileged child of satan pointing to 'this hooose' and saying it in a proper Dub accent or even a Cork or Limerick one. No, that just would not do at all..

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

ad on uk stations for a comparison website (maybe gocompare) with a load of twats in a gym typing away on imaginary keyboards going on about how they cut the cost of their gas bills. terrible ad.

This post has been deleted.

Another thing from the McDonalds ads is that Liam Delaney seemingly is singlehandedly keeping McDonalds in Ireland supplied with meat, veg, milk etc.

We know our farmers :rolleyes:

Fionn Mac Cumhaill :mad::mad::mad:

Okay, he can't throw a poxy dart, but does he have to be afraid of them too? Why would he even attempt to throw them if that was the case?

Don't have a clue what the advert is for either, so, great work all around.. :(:confused:

Allyall wrote: »
    Fionn Mac Cumhaill...

Don't have a clue what the advert is for either, so, great work all around.. :(:confused:

I just realised I've seen that ad a load of times too but have no idea what they're selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

MJ23 wrote: »
    All I hear is "by a haaaa"
    Same as one of those shampoo ads, can't remember which one. I think it's Cat Deeley talking. She says "haaa caaa" about 5 times in it.

Or the GAA minor football ad. It's "Championships" not, "Champion-chips"

http://youtu.be/E4HHaspKL_4

Reminds of of this classic line by monty when I hear your man say haaaaaaR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The new Renault ad for the electric car what a pile of scutter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That Specsavers ad where the sexy female dance teacher inadvertedly goes to a class full of pensioners had the potential to be funny but they ruin it by having the oldies all to a person perfectly following her dance steps,yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

darkdubh wrote: »
    That Specsavers ad where the sexy female dance teacher inadvertedly goes to a class full of pensioners had the potential to be funny but they ruin it by having the oldies all to a person perfectly following her dance steps,yeah right.

She is sexy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She is sexy though!

And she knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

She is sexy though!

Yeah she is,my point is the ad had the potential to be funny but they ruined it by having the elderly people all dancing to her like 21 year olds who've been practising for ages.Would have been funnier if they'd played up the confusion factor,having the eldsters stare blankley at her before shuffling out en masse to watch Judge Judy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't think she's at all sexy. And looking at those old folk grinding makes me feel ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

darkdubh wrote: »

The only thing I keep thinking if I have to sit through that ad is if she's so blind that she doesn't realise who she's coaching is how the hell did she find her way there in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

'Fraid I have to agree with Fussyonion - she really isn't the sexiest woman in the world.

In fact, to be quite honest, she comes across as being much more irritating than sexy - regardless of her sight, and where she's teaching. :o:o

Those trousers she wears are awful, too.

She is sexy though!
    Birneybau wrote: »
    And she knows it.

But this is a good quip, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I have just seen the most bizarre as for Barberstown Castle.

Very, very zoomy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

That bloody Oakland Furniture ad where there's some muppet pretending to be a pirate every someone says "gold for the price of silver".
    Every time the ad comes on, I have to surpress the urge to throw my shoes at the TV.
    Wagon! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think the new rabo direct ad where your man ends up homeless because he chooses "any bank" versus rabo direct is insulting (and insensitive) to the homeless issue in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ad for ikea that literally has the actors going around in circles it makes you feel dizzy watching it. Also the music in the ad sounds like it was used in an ad for eircom a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That stupid dinosaur ad for "Wice Kwispees".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That ad for West Coast Cooler with the 3 birds dancing to Haim really fcuking annoys me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement