Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

neris wrote: »
    Ad for ikea that literally has the actors going around in circles it makes you feel dizzy watching it. Also the music in the ad sounds like it was used in an ad for eircom a while back

It was used when evision launched by eircom a while back. Electric Guest, I Hold My Head or something along those lines I think the song is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Electric Ireland ad with the "Dort" speak family. Gyin into tyhan, come back AA roadwatch ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The ad where the two house burglers have been caught by the twee chirpy d4 girl who's informed the gaurds and the smug neighbour really gets on my tits.

Everybody in the ad bar the burglers are smug, odious, grinning arseholes. The ad actually makes me empathise with home invaders for christsake.

As mentioned the new WCC ad is also some awfully smug stuff, three girlos dancing around an apartment in their pyjamas singing into their alcopops, all their short of is having a pillowfight and burning pictures of their ex's. Surely Emily Davison didnt throw herself in front of a horse for it to come to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That ad for West Coast Cooler with the 3 birds dancing to Haim really fcuking annoys me.

Oooh, you're not the only one... "Girls Shine On" - WTF does that even mean???

As mentioned the new WCC ad is also some awfully smug stuff, three girlos dancing around an apartment in their pyjamas singing into their alcopops, all their short of is having a pillowfight and burning pictures of their ex's. Surely Emily Davison didnt throw herself in front of a horse for it to come to this.

LOL, QFT... sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

My god. Every time that Vauxhall Zafira ad comes on with those two stupid fat English kids pretending they're all grown up + talking shíte in general, I just have to scramble around looking for the remote to turn the tv off or hit mute or something. Every time. If I ever somehow meet these kids in real life I'm going to have to bash their faces in. It was bad enough when there was just one ad, but they've turned into a fúcking series.

Anyone else feel the same? Any other adverts that get on your tits?

Is one of them the plus net broadband guy now ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That ad for West Coast Cooler with the 3 birds dancing to Haim really fcuking annoys me.

Hate that one, utterly hate it!

The ad where the two house burglers have been caught by the twee chirpy d4 girl who's informed the gaurds and the smug neighbour really gets on my tits.

Everybody in the ad bar the burglers are smug, odious, grinning arseholes. The ad actually makes me empathise with home invaders for christsake.

I agree with everything you said about the Eircom burglar alarm ad except the chripy girl is clearly from Cork.A rare example of someone in an Irish produced ad not speaking D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

AIB's "brave" ad really gets on my tits. They just repeat the word Brave endlessly throughout the ad like some subtle as a kick to the head form of subliminal advertising.

I thought the first few times they were saying "Ray" instead of "Brave".

I was thinking how unrealistic it was that Ray seemed to be farming, opening his own coffee shop and also simultaneously running a few other businesses in his spare time.

I think it was the 5th time I saw it before I realised my mistake. Durrrrr. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those Birdseye (I think) ads where the whole family are all sitting round the table having an intelligent family chat/discussion over who gets the last fish finger.

Yeah? Fcuk you and your happy families..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Those Birdseye (I think) ads where the whole family are all sitting round the table having an intelligent family chat/discussion over who gets the last fish finger.

Yeah? Fcuk you and your happy families..

The one with the friends talking about taking a photo of the food and putting it online wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

You are not alone, Sir G. My elderly uncle, who is of flog 'em and hang 'em brigade prefers the burglars!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I don't despise this ad but maybe someone can settle a bet: is the guy in the current full tilt poker the same guy who is the presenter from the republic of telly? If not he's mighty similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The one with the friends talking about taking a photo of the food and putting it online wrecks my head.

"Well they can queue up outside.." :mad: followed by a horrible Squawky laugh

Yeah, because people love to see other people posting their dinner online...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I don't mind the WCC ads so much. The one in the red trousers has nice legs...

besides that, I hate all the Cleaner Close ads and the one with the stupid ladder burglar one. And the Eh, Ah, Eh, Ah, Agh, insurance ad. Fcuk right off with it.

Can anyone tell me, if you break down under unrelenting pressure of Sky advertising and sign up, is it reasonable to expect it to be Sky Ad free?????

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I don't despise this ad but maybe someone can settle a bet: is the guy in the current full tilt poker the same guy who is the presenter from the republic of telly? If not he's mighty similar.

Yeah thats Kevin alright. He has been in a Dunnes Stores ad and a Three ad too I believe.

On another note I hate that Clearsil ad with the duck in it. Do not get it at all. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

just saw the Rabobank ad - the one where the guy ends up homeless - whoever came up with that idea, and whoever greenlighted / greenlit it should be fired, it's a f**king disgrace

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the WCC ad with those singing bints,was starting to get worried.Its been around for about a year and got harldly any mention on this thread up to now.I was starting to fear that maybe people like it and I'm going insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

cjmcork wrote: »
    just saw the Rabobank ad - the one where the guy ends up homeless - whoever came up with that idea, and whoever greenlighted / greenlit it should be fired, it's a f**king disgrace
    The other one is pretty insulting to service people aswell, failed life if you're customer facing etc, not as bad as the homeless one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

cjmcork wrote: »
    amdublin wrote: »
    I think the new rabo direct ad where your man ends up homeless because he chooses "any bank" versus rabo direct is insulting (and insensitive) to the homeless issue in Ireland.

Yeah I tweeted them to say that too.

But if they continue to use it I think I'll be complaining to the BAI. And suggesting that if the BAI agree it is inappropriate they should be making a donation to Dublin Simon and Focus Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah I tweeted them to say that too.

But if they continue to use it I think I'll be complaining to the BAI. And suggesting that if the BAI agree it is inappropriate they should be making a donation to Dublin Simon and Focus Ireland.

It's especially weird in light of the fact that they already quite proudly trumpet a charity partnership with the Simon Community, a partnership of three years standing.

http://www.rabobank.ie/corporate-responsibility/community

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Thargor wrote: »
    The other one is pretty insulting to service people aswell, failed life if you're customer facing etc, not as bad as the homeless one though.

I havent seen the homeless ad, but I was gonna post about the "any college, any job" RaboBank advert, where the guy ends up working in a burger joint... I have to say that I think the ad is pretty disgusting. While it is certainly not glamourous, working in a fast food joint is an honest living and I admire the people who do it rather than sit on the dole.... It's certainly a more honest living than working for a bank, that's for sure...

It's especially weird in light of the fact that they already quite proudly trumpet a charity partnership with the Simon Community, a partnership of three years standing.

http://www.rabobank.ie/corporate-responsibility/community

So crazy :confused:

What type of person would sign off on this ad????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is this the homeles advert?

They've deleted a video too.. God knows what that was.. :pac:

Allyall wrote: »
    Is this the homeles advert?

They've deleted a video too.. God knows what that was.. :pac:

That's the one. Obscene imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So crazy :confused:

What type of person would sign off on this ad????

Probably someone who took Ayn Rand's bollocks seriously.

Worst bit about the WCC ad is the dark haired wan on the laptop at the start.There is just something really irritating about her facial expression and that big stupid grin she has as she starts singing.Plus that song is pure sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I am going to too.

Can't recall details/times - should not stop us complaining.

Am going to complain about both. The homeless one is a disgrace. But the other one is bad too - implying the son is in a sh1t job because they chose "any bank".

Edit. I think it is the ASAI we should be complaining to, not the BAI

• Advertisement

I am going to too.

Can't recall details/times - should not stop us complaining.

Am going to complain about both. The homeless one is a disgrace. But the other one is bad too - implying the son is in a sh1t job because they chose "any bank".

Yeah,it seems to imply that if they sent him to a really expensive college he'd turn out to be a rocket scientist where as he comes across as a bit dim anyway.Very simplistic reasoning behind it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement