Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"nine out of ten cats prefer petinsurance.ie"

what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The Irish Water ads. :mad:

Only saw the Rabo one with the homeless guy last night. WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My complaint has gone in to the ASAI about the Rabo homeless ad and their other one about the guy working on the fast food counter.

They remind me of crazy inappropriate ads from the 1950's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

amdublin wrote: »
    My complaint has gone in to the ASAI about the Rabo homeless ad and their other one about the guy working on the fast food counter.

They remind me of crazy inappropriate ads from the 1950's.

Your better of complaining to the BAI, the ASAI is a self regulator for the advertising industry.

Elmo wrote: »
    Your better of complaining to the BAI, the ASAI is a self regulator for the advertising industry.

I could be wrong but I think the BAI is for tv programs, the ASAI is for ads??

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but I think the BAI is for tv programs, the ASAI is for ads??

The BAI are the regulator for everything on TV and Radio. They regulate the number of ads per minute, product placement, spot adverts and Teleshopping hours. For example the BAI ruled against an ad for a crib on RTÉ Radio one Christmas AFAIR.

Also you need to complain to the TV channel/Radio Station first and if you are not happy with their reply then to the BAI.

Elmo wrote: »

Also you need to complain to the TV channel/Radio Station first and if you are not happy with their reply then to the BAI.

Why would a tv channel answer a complaint about an ad that they didn't make?

I don't see any ads here:
    http://www.bai.ie/index.php/broadcasting-complaints/decisions/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Ok well the "any college" ad was just on during the ad break of "Doctor in the House" on TV3 at 21.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

True.

Although could you call them ads?! They certainly weren't tv programs. But what were they actually selling?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

All these new Littlewoods Ireland ads, the Christmas ads are in full swing now!!

I saw 2 of them in the 1 ad break last night, please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

All these new Littlewoods Ireland ads, the Christmas ads are in full swing now!!

I saw 2 of them in the 1 ad break last night, please stop.

But, but their shipping is free :pac: :pac: :pac:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Anyone notice the reverse sexism of those Rabodirect ads?In both the homeless and college ones its the husband who makes the "bad" decisions while ignoring the adice of the sensible wife.Part of a growing trend in advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its been mentioned already but that ad where the 2 slappers come downstairs looking for money and the father says he has to pay for all that foundation is so horrible, the daughter on the right is about 40 years old, she sounds like she smokes 20 a day aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The McDonnell's curry sauce ad - "It makes chicken into chicken curry and chips into... chips curry!"

Chips curry? Really?!

Just another example of an ad being worded stupidly to try to make it stick in your head. F@@k off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The McDonnell's curry sauce ad - "It makes chicken into chicken curry and chips into... chips curry!"

Chips curry? Really?!
    But that's the joke, surely? I think that's a grand ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I already put this up on the "like" thread-but it may earn its place on this thread also:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think its alright tbh.

Why would a tv channel answer a complaint about an ad that they didn't make?

I don't see any ads here:
    http://www.bai.ie/index.php/broadcasting-complaints/decisions/

You can complain about any programme/ad on TV including bought in programmes, for example if TV3 sold teleshopping hours to a physic or a quiz show, which they don't make. You make the complaint to the Channel and then to the Regulator (the BAI).

http://www.bai.ie/index.php/codes-standards-2/
    http://www.bai.ie/index.php/bai-rules-on-advertising-and-teleshopping-daily-and-hourly-limits/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Seasan wrote: »
    I already put this up on the "like" thread-but it may earn its place on this thread also:

That is just dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Thargor wrote: »
    I think its alright tbh.

Same here,I've seen a lot worse...but there will be people who won't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

i like that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

That halfords one just before top gear on dave withe the two mech's, the one with the glasses needs a lick of the butt end of a hurl...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,378 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Same here,I've seen a lot worse...but there will be people who won't like it at all.

I've seen it twice now, first time it caught my eye/ear, second time, meh.

Doesn't annoy me, but I'd imagine if they bombard it, it could get annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I have to admit I laughed,its pretty inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

the rice krispies squares ads 😬😬😬😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

the rice krispies squares ads 😬😬😬😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The muller rice ones with the bear and the lecturer, makes me switch channels every time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Brave is ......................................................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement