Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Brave is ......................................................

............................................ Puke :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The muller rice ones with the bear and the lecturer, makes me switch channels every time...

It's the biggest automatic mate channel changer I can remember since the old prepay power ads with her wan scree hung "electricity bills can be a real nnnniiijgggghhhhtttmare!" or the Allianz ads with the Asian one screaming for what seemed like forever (which they later edited down to just a yelp! :pac: ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anyone notice the reverse sexism of those Rabodirect ads?In both the homeless and college ones its the husband who makes the "bad" decisions while ignoring the adice of the sensible wife.Part of a growing trend in advertising.

I wasn't going to mention this but it's true and very irritating, most of all the buff builder fella being mad for some old granny and her ditching the husband in bad times just... because. Reverse that and there'd be uproar (actually there wouldn't because it would never clear PR and marketing). Also when he blows a kiss at her, she pulls the most irritating face I can honestly ever remember, looks like she's have g a very pleasant stroke.

The same for those online banking ads... "met my boyfriend online, broke up with him on life... Oi've gosh a modern koinda loife". Basically it's just celebrating the fact that she's a sh!t person. When is the last time a company tried to use "our customers are the type to break up with their girlfriends over text mesage" as a positive thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just noticed in those Muller Rice rapping bear ones that the guy is the gimp from that head-wrecking Vodafone ad with the 2 muppets flirting in the office aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

This fcking kid :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

How are those new vodafones not getting all the hate in here? the 2 "quirky" ones firting in the office, "I thought you'd never ask" . ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And the music, and the close ups of their stupid faces, I hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I like that Vodafone ad! I see it as a take on modern dating scene what with online dating/Tinder etc. being in vogue.

Music is catchy too.

Off topic, but there's a new Mace ad out and the one in it is a fox!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Nerdlingr wrote: »

This fcking kid :mad::mad::mad:

Any chance they can feed him to the lions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The McDonnell's curry sauce ad - "It makes chicken into chicken curry and chips into... chips curry!"

Chips curry? Really?!

Just another example of an ad being worded stupidly to try to make it stick in your head. F@@k off!

I don't know anyone who eats curry sauce with chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Tht cnuting Its4Women ad was on in the cinema last night. The Asian one is the worst one in that. Mouth full of marbles she has. Although the rest are as annoying. I hate it. I hate it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

The hairdressers on the Hellmann's ad are pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

That fecking "Brave" advert again.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What the hell is with her voice in that "Brave" ad?

Sounds like she's on the verge of bursting into tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That ad for Kitten soft,

emma.... Emma!!

I kind of liked it at first, but it appears they have dubbed a new (oirish) voice into the ad, and are giving it another run.

now it's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Go Compaaaaaarrreee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A new tv licence ad again this time they have crossed all the boundaries of stupid. A young couple can't think of the names but the wife uses a few nicknames for her husband one is something like snuggleballs. Anyway snuggleballs assures his wife the he paid the tv licence which in fact he didn't. when they get fined €1,000 she makes him sleep on the sofa because they have to cancel their holiday because of the fine. Snuggleballs needs to grow some balls and show his wife who's boss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It's Granoooooooola, granoooooooola, jeez I want to thump that lad every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

That hockey twat, f**k him and his lost weekend..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Littlewoods. Mortified for Caroline Morahan in that scangery fur hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

That stuuuuuuuuupid UPC ad where the 20 something guy is bombing around the place on a child's scooter. I actually can't bear to watch it.

This post has been deleted.

Very true, you will always get a warning or even a few warnings first.

amdublin wrote: »
    Littlewoods. Mortified for Caroline Morahan in that scangery fur hood.
    Is she back already, her dream of making it big in Hollywood mustn't have went well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

J. Marston wrote: »
    What the hell is with her voice in that "Brave" ad?

Sounds like she's on the verge of bursting into tears.

She's the one in the Vodafone ad sitting outside the concert chatting her friend on the phone telling her she's at home with fcuk all else to do only listen to the other person moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is there a thread on Boards for Adverts you like? I can't find it if it does exist.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That woman doing the ballet pirouette on the Avonmore promo before the weather forecast. "My Mummy paid for me to have ballet lessons, do yah new"
    Would love her to fall over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

"Man up" ad campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Is there a thread on Boards for Adverts you like? I can't find it if it does exist.

Yes,
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057010966/1

running over a year, but not terribly active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Speedsie wrote: »
    Yes,
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057010966/1

running over a year, but not terribly active.
    Appreciate the reply and link Speedsie, cheers ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement