Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

For anyone wondering what happened the son from the Rabodirect college ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

For anyone wondering what happened the son from the Rabodirect college ad.

Did anybody else notice that Rabo-weasels have pulled the last scene from the ad where the "qualified mime artist" was working in the fast food joint... Seems like we were not the only people to notice how offensive it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The KFC pulled chicken ad with the youthful stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just saw that Rabo have kept the fast food ending to the "any college" ad, on Channel 4 at least. Feckin' eejits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just saw that Rabo have kept the fast food ending to the "any college" ad, on Channel 4 at least. Feckin' eejits.

Probably just the Irish that have moaned about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The adverts are regionalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

This week I find that westcoast cooler add really grinds my gears

The one with the 3 young ones dancing to a very annoying tune that sticks in your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

They showed the full ad in the first break of Vincent Browne's programme tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just saw the It's for Women advert, jesus it has to be the most annoying ad ever, it's even worse than the first one.

Katie Taylor looks like she is at a rave party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Did anybody else notice that Rabo-weasels have pulled the last scene from the ad where the "qualified mime artist" was working in the fast food joint... Seems like we were not the only people to notice how offensive it was..

Full ad on 3e at about 2.20pm and directly after Prime Time this evening...ffs, I'm looking out for the ad now, and waiting till the end.!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

tampopo wrote: »
    Full ad on 3e at about 2.20pm and directly after Prime Time this evening...ffs, I'm looking out for the ad now, and waiting till the end.!!!!
    its a bloody outrage how their getting away with this ad, same with the homeless one, RTE should just show nazi type propaganda for the banks and government and be done with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

we've all been there...well i have at that age:o

and she'd slice him, chew him up and spit him out....

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"Nothing captures how you felt like a phoDo, and sharing those phoDos is easy....phoDo...phoDo...phoDo..."
    (vistaprint.ie)

This ad is PAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I wonder if he got yer wan to pull his chicken? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sainsburys WWI ad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

efb wrote: »
    Sainsburys WWI ad
    And the endless copy and paste coverage of it in other media about how ground breaking and inspiring it is :rolleyes:

Cliched, cheesy, cringe-inducing muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's on the radio but there is a Hyundai ad being played at Rte radio one at the moment. Everytime I hear it I think it must be a send up. The voice-over guy sounds like he is doing the ultimate charicature (spl?) of a voice-over guy. I don't know who signed off on it thinking it actually made Hyundai sound like they weren't taking the piss.

HIiiiiyunnnnndaiiiiiiii!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Those knorr ads are just terrible. They give the impression that a michelin star chef is lovingly sourcing top quality organic ingredients from little niche suppliers and preparing them with the utmost care to give you a fantastic soup/sauce.

The reality is that its a dehydrated salt/chemical mix that when you add water yields the most disgusting gloop you could ever eat.

How could they possibly put out an ad like that. The music sucks too. And naming the chef john murphy or whatever, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Sainsburys WWI ad

Very inappropriate. Millions of men died so let's use them to sell mince pies 100 years later.

Quidco

• Advertisement

Quidco

They one of the ones with a couple of thousand APR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Donal Skehan promo. I can't understand a word he says, and as I have read the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books, I thought I understood D4 speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Meteor is continuing its annoying Christmas themed adverts

They one of the ones with a couple of thousand APR?

The buy money off websites site

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Rabo bank "any job" - full ad on just before the rte news there now

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

amdublin wrote: »
    Rabo bank "any job" - full ad on just before the rte news there now

:(

The full ad was on Sky during The Simpsons yesterday evening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The full ad was on Sky during The Simpsons yesterday evening as well.

The ironing is delicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

FBD ad where the banner unfurling outside some nondescript family home goes belly-up and the woman has this 'I'll suck it in but I want to knock someone's lights out' demeanour by the end of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

FBD ad where the banner unfurling outside some nondescript family home goes belly-up and the woman has this 'I'll suck it in but I want to knock someone's lights out' demeanour by the end of it

Yeah hate that one,yer wan is also in the ad where a woodpecker is pecking a hole in the windscreen of the car and the comedy robber goes off with her handbag.For some reason she reminds me of Larrys wife in Curb Your enthusiasm,they both have that weird skijump nose where it looks like they've had work done.

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »
    Yeah hate that one,yer wan is also in the ad where a woodpecker is pecking a hole in the windscreen of the car and the comedy robber goes off with her handbag.For some reason she reminds me of Larrys wife in Curb Your enthusiasm,they both have that weird skijump nose where it looks like they've had work done.
    She spends more time looking at that fecking wood pecker than the road!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement