Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

That baby food add where you get five or six toddlers in a row having something of a laughing fit. It.Creeps.Me.Out. Seriously, if any child of mine ever has a fit like that, a pediatrecian will be consulted. And a gene check will take place to see if this really is my child...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Ah it's that time of year again- time for the annual sanitized version of Dublin in the Guinness ads and the really annoying ice-skating one for Vodafone.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Two ads that really wreck my head

Halloween is over for this year, no more opinions from you until next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

all 11890 adds, i have to turn off the car radio when they come on. gut wrenchingly annoying.....

plus the adds during the apprentice for the daily mail, the very mention of fiona looney gives me shivers down my spine

on the plus side i love the radio adds for FBD insurance about the 'jammy guy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I hate all the "ambulance chaser" ads. Although Goldie Lookin' Chain have made Claims Direct into something more than just a cheapo solicitor company - "it's money for free!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Franeire

The stupid McDonalds ad that says, "Do your friends even speak English?". They are making out that all Irish people are racist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Those bloody McDondalds ads with the absolutely sh*t-tastic 80's music and some bunch of fuglys doing aerobics. WTF has any of this got to do with fast food in the current day? Who gives a rat's ass how much something cost 20 years ago? God just go away, no-one wants your crappy food...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Wertz wrote: »
    Those bloody McDondalds ads with the absolutely sh*t-tastic 80's music and some bunch of fuglys doing aerobics. WTF has any of this got to do with fast food in the current day? Who gives a rat's ass how much something cost 20 years ago? God just go away, no-one wants your crappy food...

''This was her good pair of jeans...back in the 1980's''....and this is relevant to McDonald's how?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watch Living/Dave/Challenge/Bravo alot, and so so many of their ad breaks have an ad with Billy Murray plugging Injury Lawyers 4 U.

As soon as I hear "The universe is in a delicate state of balance....", I'm reaching for the remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ironic that he played a bent cop in The Bill and that now he is advertising a shower of ambulance chasers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Wertz wrote: »

They obviously wanted a quick cash in on the 80s buzz that's been around for the last few years but didn't even bother to make an ad that makes sense, so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

That Nintendo DS ad with Ronan Keating:

Yellow. Black. Blue. BLUE. Aw red! *cue maniacal laughter*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Mr E wrote: »
    I watch Living/Dave/Challenge/Bravo alot, and so so many of their ad breaks have an ad with Billy Murray plugging Injury Lawyers 4 U.

As soon as I hear "The universe is in a delicate state of balance....", I'm reaching for the remote.

I absolutely did not DESERVE that!

How about the LV ad's, they've become quite a cult with myself and the buddy, i.e. whenever one of us is concentrating on something: "Dum didi dum didi dweee dweee dweee di dum, oh baby I've travelled!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

The Sky Plus ads with various people that are presumably famous telling us how great it is-JUST **** OFF AND GET SOME DIGNITY YOU SHAMELESS BASTARDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The worst ad currently on the box is this:

I hate everything about this ad...

It's a stupid ad plain and simple - Richard Hammond has lost all respect I once had for him by starring in this piece of crap.. everything from using Christmas Bells chiming alongside Take That's 'Shine' as a theme tune.. he arrives and sees plenty of fellow "celebrities" in Morrisons such as Diarmuid Gavin (well done.. you can make up a garden.. now shag off), Nick Hancock (what the hell have you done recently?!?) and Denise Van Outen (starring in..... absolutely anything vapid and pointless that gives her any type of exposure).

And I hate to say it for Hamster.. but the ad annoys me so much that when he's being dragged back towards Morrisons, I was half hoping the snow dogs would tip the sled over and finish what that accident on Top Gear couldn't. He can cheat death once alright... but not a second time! *

* ouch.. too cruel?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

+1 for that stupid Richard Hammond ad, I saw him in a non-Christmassy Morrisons ad on Dave a few months ago but I never saw it again and neither did anybody else... :(

not cruel enough imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

The Stan James ads on Setanta with that pair of wasters bantering wittily while watching TV.

Thanks Stan

Time to die, James.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I hate any ads for digestive discomfort products, the motilium frogs and stuff I can just about put up with but the generic ... "oh I feel a bit bloated so now I eat <insert crappy yoghurt, cereal, senekot> and now I can fart and **** til the cows come home!" ... ads really bug me especially as they're usually accompanied by some poxy farty music too.

Also that recycling toilet paper ad where the silly cow waters her plants with soapy bath water...what's that all about.

And the x box ads, I will never buy an x box after seeing these because they give the impression you end up brainwashed or even brain damaged after using an x box.

Don't like those SMA (i think) ads where the Dad's are pledging to do their bit either, find it offensive to both fathers and mothers.

Harpic ad with the guy in the tatty gorrilla suit as well, I hate the word "loo" ...growl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Ciaran B wrote: »
    The Stan James ads on Setanta with that pair of wasters bantering wittily while watching TV.

Thanks Stan

Time to die, James.

or how about the one with the golfer telling viewers how to execute the perfect swing that is ALWAYS on during half-time on Setanta-broadcast games? Anyone who cares will be watching bloody Setanta Golf, the rest of us simply don't want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

Speaking of Setanta, that ad for the Bord o Ulster Scotch always cracks me up. Thought it was a piss-take at first. "Dinnae houl back" !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Speaking of Setanta, that ad for the Bord o Ulster Scotch always cracks me up. Thought it was a piss-take at first. "Dinnae houl back" !

yeah that's crap as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I love the Hamster to bits, but I don't think I can forgive him for those Morrisons ads, at least they are a bit better that the other ads.

One other ad I despite is those ads for EasyTech or something, these kids toys, and there is this guy in a suit who is trying to talk to these kids who are completely ignoring him while playing on the toys.
    The second kid is playing on the spinny thing, and the prick keeps saying "We're going round in circles!"
    Feck off back to marketing you smarmy git!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Also, those Weetabix challenges ads, who the hell has a smoothie with their Weetabix??!! Bleh!
    That one with the family, the mother is an idiot, "Oh no wonder we get through 48 a week, ehehehehe!" It's the high fibre diet...
    The older daughter sounds drunk, the emo son is just plain annoying.

What else is there?

Oh ya, those X-Box ads, they started out creepy, now they are just plain annoying.

Kerry Katona's Iceland ads, especially the one with the bloody chicken. That poor male model trying to break into the acting business had no idea what hit him.
    "That's why mums...get liposuction"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

That stupid Oatibix ad!

The guy with the stupid grin ("What's that then?")
    His incredibly intelligent wife who comes up with the suggestion of Oatibix...
    The look on the drivers face at her brilliance.

No wonder there's a recession when clowns in advertising suits get paid big bucks for this kind of sh*ite!!

...and every radio ad for a financial company with their ridiculous Mach II reading of the terms and conditions.

Just saw another 11850 one there, I see they're now 11-8-50 again rather than 118-50. Still don't like them though, too similar to the UK 118118 ads that it just looks like a rip off. I'm guessing they're the same crowd but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Karsini wrote: »
    Just saw another 11850 one there, I see they're now 11-8-50 again rather than 118-50. Still don't like them though, too similar to the UK 118118 ads that it just looks like a rip off. I'm guessing they're the same crowd but still...

They use the same campaign in every country. You'll see posters up with different pairs of douche bags all over Europe.

Just seen an advert for something called Partini. Dear lord... it's horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

bamboozle wrote: »
    all 11890 adds, i have to turn off the car radio when they come on. gut wrenchingly annoying.....

plus the adds during the apprentice for the daily mail, the very mention of fiona looney gives me shivers down my spine

Isn't she refferd to as "the brilliant Fiona Looney " ? What a load of my ar*e. She is f**king useless both as a writer and on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Also, those Weetabix challenges ads, who the hell has a smoothie with their Weetabix??!! Bleh!
    That one with the family, the mother is an idiot, "Oh no wonder we get through 48 a week, ehehehehe!" It's the high fibre diet...
    The older daughter sounds drunk, the emo son is just plain annoying.

Anyone else put Hot milk in weetabix? sorry of the topic, but I wouldn't think Yogurt and Fruit would be nice with Weetabix.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Elmo wrote: »
    Anyone else put Hot milk in weetabix? sorry of the topic, but I wouldn't think Yogurt and Fruit would be nice with Weetabix.

I thought everybody put hot milk on their weetabix until I saw those ads. Yoghurt on rock solid weetabix? yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

that hovis ad. so pointless and long.**** off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Elmo wrote: »
    Anyone else put Hot milk in weetabix?.

love hot milk and two spoons of sugar on mine, also like it with corn flakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement