Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

She spends more time looking at that fecking wood pecker than the road!! :)

AND (i think its the same add)..
    ..where she pulls her car in to the driveway, and it billowing smoke out of it.

..here's a helpfull tip for her.
    IF YOU CAR IS BILLOWING SMOKE FROM THE ENGINE, DONT PROCEED TO DRIVE IT ANY-FURTHER!!

PULL IN AND CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

god i do hate that add. :):p:):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

AND (i think its the same add)..
    ..where she pulls her car in to the driveway, and it billowing smoke out of it.

..here's a helpfull tip for her.
    IF YOU CAR IS BILLOWING SMOKE FROM THE ENGINE, DONT PROCEED TO DRIVE IT ANY-FURTHER!!

PULL IN AND CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

god i do hate that add. :):p:):rolleyes:

What really gets me about that ad is that she lives in this D4/Blackrock-type redbrick mansion with a gravel driveway - probably worth €2-3 mills, yet she's driving a pre-07 Mondeo? :confused:

Definitely wouldn't happen in real life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

fricatus wrote: »
    What really gets me about that ad is that she lives in this D4/Blackrock-type redbrick mansion with a gravel driveway - probably worth €2-3 mills, yet she's driving a pre-07 Mondeo? :confused:

Definitely wouldn't happen in real life! :D

Yeah I always assumed it was a second car but then in one ad the Dad is holding up a sign in the background and it's still the only car in the driveway. That's a serious failure to keep up with the Joneses. The Joneses will be laughing their arses off at the smoking junk heap now! Shame on you, irritating lady with an irritating gullible family (how many times have they been robbed in broad daylight?)! Shame I say!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Personally I think some people attach the term "hipster" on to way, way too many things - a lot of people just lazily attach it to anything and everything in fashion now that wasn't 10-15 years ago for example.

Having said that though, let me introduce you to possibly the most over the top, definitive hipster ad yet...

It's not even all that bad or irritating to me really, but my god talk about trying way too hard to look like your not trying all that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ugh. Really annoying Newbridge silver Christmas ad with Amy Huberman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Ugh. Its4women and their "handbag" cover. Beyond patronising. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. I'm a woman not a simpering 50s throwback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Billy86 wrote: »
    Personally I think some people attach the term "hipster" on to way, way too many things - a lot of people just lazily attach it to anything and everything in fashion now that wasn't 10-15 years ago for example.

Having said that though, let me introduce you to possibly the most over the top, definitive hipster ad yet...

It's not even all that bad or irritating to me really, but my god talk about trying way too hard to look like your not trying all that hard.

I like that ad.Was expecting to hate it,don't think theres anything overly hipsterish about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

That Downton Abbey Christmas album.

Transport yourself back to a simpler time

No wonder our forebears went on an arson spree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7b0WdIjMPo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Very tired of those Claudia Schiffer Opel ads already. Nice lady but the ads are cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

"Not a creature was stirring just the click of a mouse"

Littlewood's Christmas ad, makes me want to vomit. It's not 2006 so drop the overly self conscious consumerist garbage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ollaetta wrote: »
    Very tired of those Claudia Schiffer Opel ads already. Nice lady but the ads are cack.
    They're smack bang out of the mid 90s, really.

ollaetta wrote: »

Yerra feck it, she's still looking incredible, when she turns around in the coffee shop I thought they had used CGI at first. They're no more terrible than any other car ad on the go right now, but with the added bonus of Claudia taking me back to when I was 15 again.

Take from that what you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Oh dear god the Amy Huberman Newbridge ads are back on for Christmas. Cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not a fan of Callans Kicks (sp?) but he nailed her recently, ridiculous even during celtic tiger times.

Thargor wrote: »
    Not a fan of Callans Kicks (sp?) but he nailed her recently
    Better hope BOD doesn't find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh good, 'my name is Rawwwwwz' is back, am so glad being in vhi worked out well for her. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ha ha ha ha ha anyone seen Zip Firelighters ad yet?!

An Irish made CHEAPO ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Ha ha ha ha ha anyone seen Zip Firelighters ad yet?!

An Irish made CHEAPO ad :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcoP4LpNAQk

This one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

"Cause you make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven
    For too long, for too lawawang"

You make me feel like sticking knitting needles in my ears. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The "Budweiser Dream Job" ad is really starting to grind my gears to be honest. Especially that smug git at around 52 seconds into the video in the link below going on about his chain of "five star hotels across Ireland". Want to punch him every time I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The twerp from all of the ads has been revived for the Axa red line ads again.
    I thought they were done.

For some reason they are annoying me more this time around..

Squeaky voice "You're really really small, you know that?"
    Girl "Stop, you'll break it"
    Attempt deep voice "Break it"

:mad:

"Oh look the axa red line..."

"F*ck off".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Zonda999 wrote: »
    that smug git at around 52 seconds into the video in the link below going on about his chain of "five star hotels across Ireland". Want to punch him every time I see it.

I think he works in the Shelbourne Hotel. He looks like the fella who is on the documentary series about the Shelbourne on RTE, (being repeated now on Sundays at 8.30pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Allyall wrote: »
    The twerp from all of the ads has been revived for the Axa red line ads again.
    I thought they were done.

For some reason they are annoying me more this time around..

Squeaky voice "You're really really small, you know that?"
    Girl "Stop, you'll break it"
    Attempt deep voice "Break it"

:mad:

"Oh look the axa red line..."

"F*ck off".
    And their stupid 70's hipster clothes, why is everyone in ads dressed like that these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Thargor wrote: »
    And their stupid 70's hipster clothes, why is everyone in ads dressed like that these days?

And his hipster beard.....t*sser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The EBS ones with the driving instructor and washing machine repair man are woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The EBS ones with the driving instructor and washing machine repair man are woeful

I actually like the washing machine one "its gonna be tropic"

I actually like the washing machine one "its gonna be tropic"

So do I, not a bad ad at all.

The Guinness ad trying to, I don't actually know, get some shine from Munster Vs New Zealand.

Guinness had nothing to do with that day, what next a Guinness ad around the Apollo Moon missions?

Made of Less - Less colour, less alcohol, less hops, less roasted barley

Actually most Guinness ads of late. No one actually drinks the stuff in the Ads.
    If they can not get paid actors drinking it, why should I? Seems like pure being artsy for the sake of it and padding the C.V.s of marketing folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That Herbal Essences shampoo ad - 'yeess, yeesssss, yeeesssssssss'.
    No! No!! No!!! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement