Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The An Post advert with Lisa Hannigan singing Christmas Waltz.
    Slowly grating more and more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

gay byrnes road safety

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 helluvalife

Anyone absolutely hate that All Blacks ad, the way he emphasised 'All Blacks' proper annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭flazio

All those smarty arty ads for fragrances. The worst of them IMO is that Invictus ad. How smug can you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I like the fragrances ads, some I prefer over others!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Usually like Chanel's ads but that slowed down version of You're The One That I want grinds on my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Two in a row
    Rabo Direct, "We should start saving for an extension"
    Boss, "I am a man of today"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Anyone absolutely hate that All Blacks ad, the way he emphasised 'All Blacks' proper annoys me.
    In the immortal words of The Dude: You're obviously not a golfer. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

tippman1 wrote: »
    The supermarkets have excelled themselves with crappy adverts this year but this gets my No.1 puke award for smugness and general disconnectivity with the real world. No ugly people anywhere in sight, homeless beggars, drunkards etc.

All smiles, beautiful people, beautiful homes....

100% agree. And note I carefully removed the youtube clip.
    It just typifies the cynical outlook ." Can we have a good looking but ordinary guy who'll smugly smug around in smugness smuggings things with his smug wife in his smug house.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

One of the annoying things at Christmas is all the perfume/eau du toilette ads which seem to get more pretentious every year.

I saw the Dolce & Gabbana one earlier with Matthew McConaughey and Scarlett Johansson. I really like them both but the advert is just terrible. They'd probably sell more of the stuff if they just said nothing and showed a bit of skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

www.tradesmen.ie

Whoever the guy is who does the talk over to advertise this website - it comes on when i watch home and away online - sounds like he got an unexpected phonecall from someone telling him its now or never to do the add, and he is in bed under the bedclothes, with a horrendous hangover and just could not be arsed!!! Painful to listen to..... I mute it now, but OMG!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

"Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas.....it's the best time of the year"

The marketing team at Vodafone should be made spend 12 hours in a room with their christmas ad on a loop. If they emerge unscathed, without wanting to beat the living snot out of anyone who looked at them cock-eyed, then they are allowed run with the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

valoren wrote: »
    "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas.....it's the best time of the year"

The marketing team at Vodafone should be made spend 12 hours in a room with their christmas ad on a loop. If they emerge unscathed, without wanting to beat the living snot out of anyone who looked at them cock-eyed, then they are allowed run with the ad.

God yes. The worst is that the ad is almost always on more than once in a break, so it sounds like a broken record.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dennys real family ads. Grrrrr :mad:

"he's a werry dud santee"

"I'm tired after Santy coming Paul. Are you tired Paul"?

Paul: "Hmmph" *stuffing himself with gross cheapo sausages*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those VistaPrint ads are starting to grind my gears now!!

How many Irish kids are going to be named Jenson?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Frankly one is too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's enough Masons, Jaydens, Kaydens and Braydens running around, let me assure you. Puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's enough Masons, Jaydens, Kaydens and Braydens running around, let me assure you. Puke.

A lad I worked with a few months ago from Tallaght had a half day once (morning off, doctors appointment or something), came in laughing his ass off about popping into the Square after on the way to work and hearing some mother calling her child over... "c'mear Pocka-jahontus!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Dunne's Stores Christmas ad.

Aside from being generally sh*t & up its own ass, I also know it's filmed in Wicklow Town.

As a resident I know that: Snow is unicorn rare & that no one is that good looking or happy in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

There is a truly repellent McDonalds ad on at the moment with some woman reciting a piece of puke inducing doggerel while an instrumental version of "I Wish It Could Be Christmas" plays in the background

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I hate that ****ing vista print add. It seems to be on every two mins. But hey I guess they just wanted you to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

"I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be anymore".
    Some perfume brand or other. Annoying as hell every single year before Christmas and has undoubtedly been mentioned before.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Dunne's Stores Christmas ad.

Aside from being generally sh*t & up its own ass, I also know it's filmed in Wicklow Town.

As a resident I know that: Snow is unicorn rare & that no one is that good looking or happy in the town!

+ 1 for the Dunnes Stores ad, but more so because I find it a bit creepy, he is on his way home from work, and seems to be paying a lot of attention to young, high spirited girls, continues on playing a peeping tom and then arrives home, where what seems to be his mother is looking after his daughter, as I said to Mr Cofy "and why wouldn't he be smiling at his mammy, he probably has the wife buried under the floor boards!!".

Then again the voice over does not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

nullzero wrote: »
    "I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be anymore".
    Some perfume brand or other. Annoying as hell every single year before Christmas and has undoubtedly been mentioned before.
    Believe it or not Martin Scorcese directed that abomination

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

I know its Radio but im really surprised that awful Kleenex ad voiced by pauline mclynn (mrs Doyle) hasnt been mentioned. does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Note to Joe Duffy :-

The Bailey is NOT at the corner of Duke Street and Grafton Street :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is it just me, that the adverts are going on a bit longer on TV lately for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Every advert for perfume and especially aftershave. The worst offender I've seen recently is one with Gerard Butler. It's like something they got him to do for Comedy Relief, its teeth wateringly awful.

The marketing executives must realize that they are now parodying pretentious perfume ads and are just saying "Fúck it, it'll get us noticed!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nah Mathew McConahay and Scarlett Johanssons one is absolutely painful every time it comes on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jaysus that car ad on UTV with Liam Neeson doing his Taken speech is awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement