Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

cofy wrote: »
    + 1 for the Dunnes Stores ad, but more so because I find it a bit creepy, he is on his way home from work, and seems to be paying a lot of attention to young, high spirited girls, continues on playing a peeping tom and then arrives home, where what seems to be his mother is looking after his daughter, as I said to Mr Cofy "and why wouldn't he be smiling at his mammy, he probably has the wife buried under the floor boards!!".

Then again the voice over does not help.

Reading a bit too much into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Thargor wrote: »
    Nah Mathew McConahay and Scarlett Johanssons one is absolutely painful every time it comes on...

'I like your dress'

'It likes you back'

Oh god no!!!!

Shame it annoys me so much cause I want to ride the arse off her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

iDave wrote: »

Yerra shur we all do - any normal man would.

Still a stupid ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

iDave wrote: »
    'I like your dress'

'It likes you back'

Oh god no!!!!

"We had it nothing back then... we should go back"

"...[pause]... yes, we should"

WHAT THE F*** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN DO YOU HAVE A F***ING TIME MACHINE OR SOMETHING, OR ARE YOU JUST REALLY F***ING PRETENTIOUS TO THE POINT OF MAKING NO SENSE!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Can't believe Martin Scorsese directed that ad.

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house, I'm not made of stone!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That new one with the fella spreading vicks all over himself in the office. Such an annoying ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Another perfume offender...

Ralph Lauren Red- is it actually the original from the 80s? So cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Playstation 4 ad with the camp lad entering the game to save his friends after being invited, and being killed straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Playstation 4 ad with the camp lad entering the game to save his friends after being invited, and being killed straight away.

I actually like this ad, it's original

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

nullzero wrote: »
    "I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be anymore".

Presumably because you look like a man, but now you smell like a girl.

Because perfume is for girls, you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Be-cause, you need, ah maaeeann, and my heart, is set on youuu, oh ohh... The one i want. The one I nee-eed.." :mad:

Pretentious cráp singing a Grease song really slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

cofy wrote: »
    + 1 for the Dunnes Stores ad, but more so because I find it a bit creepy, he is on his way home from work, and seems to be paying a lot of attention to young, high spirited girls, continues on playing a peeping tom and then arrives home, where what seems to be his mother is looking after his daughter, as I said to Mr Cofy "and why wouldn't he be smiling at his mammy, he probably has the wife buried under the floor boards!!".

Then again the voice over does not help.

Reading this post before seeing the advert, made it more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

No, your McCains roast potatoes will never be as good as ones hand prepared and basted in goose fat by your Mum

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Yer mans' reaction in the meteor ad at "too much egg not enough nog", could possibly
    be the worst acting I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lon.C wrote: »
    Yer mans' reaction in the meteor ad at "too much egg not enough nog", could possibly

I hadn't noticed that until a few days back, really irritating. He might as well try to slam his jaw off the ground while groaning "hhhwwwuuaaaahhh!?!?!?". Worse than you would see on a Nickelodean kids programme from the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The infomercial for the cervical screening, where the lady get progressively older. The preachy tone of the whole thing really grates with me. I DO know what screening is, not a complete thick.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"I'm not going to be who I'm expected to be anymore "

Woop dee ****ing doo

In fact all perfume ads are bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The badly dubbed loan shark ad with the doctor helping the man who seriously injured himself trying to pay off his 1038% interest loan:confused: obviously he wasn't paying it off fast enough and got a friendly reminder from a couple of company goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Vistaprint

"I just wanted you to know....."

Every 5 minutes! >=[

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Billy86 wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed that until a few days back, really irritating. He might as well try to slam his jaw off the ground while groaning "hhhwwwuuaaaahhh!?!?!?". Worse than you would see on a Nickelodean kids programme from the 90s.
    Lon.C wrote: »
    He even looks at the camera while he does it, he's the worst actor Ive ever seen in an ad outside of the freaks they get to do American infomercials.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

He even looks at the camera while he does it, he's the worst actor Ive ever seen in an ad outside of the freaks they get to do American infomercials.

Must see that,link anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think that's meant to be ham acting - hardly meant to be taken seriously :rolleyes:

I doubt he's waiting on the Oscar nomination to drop through the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think that's meant to be ham acting - hardly meant to be taken seriously :rolleyes:

Christmas Ham acting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

amdublin wrote: »
    Christmas Ham acting :D
    Mmmmm, now you've made me hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

lertsnim wrote: »
    "I'm not going to be who I'm expected to be anymore "

Woop dee ****ing doo

In fact all perfume ads are bollocks

The one with scarlet Johansson in it! "I like your dress", "it likes you back" fcuk off!!! Argh.

And the one with the woman in the house, bath etc and there is a man with the creepiest voice asking her to pick up the phone. She is so pretty etc. He sounds like a crazed stalker and she seems delighted with herself.

I purposely do not know what either of these ads are advertising apart from it is perfume. They make me want to smash my Tele in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Obviously but theres good ham acting and then theres "Sh1t we need another body for this, grab someone from the office whose never been in front of a camera in their life" type of acting like we see here.
    shalalala wrote: »
    And the one with the woman in the house, bath etc and there is a man with the creepiest voice asking her to pick up the phone. She is so pretty etc. He sounds like a crazed stalker and she seems delighted with herself.

I purposely do not know what either of these ads are advertising apart from it is perfume. They make me want to smash my Tele in.
    Is she supposed to be sexy? She looks mentally ill the way she's rolling around the place cackling, really disturbing ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Ultimate Wingman. I swear to Jesus...

Two things:

1. The laddish culture in which a wingman might exist is the world of the imbecile.

2. If you insist on basing your crappy ad on the idea of the wingman, try to make him look in some way appealing to...somebody, somewhere. Scraggly long hair, a scraggly beard and an awful, awful curly mustache. And a kilt and stick? What the hell is that all about?

Finches for me, from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

The dfs winter sale advert has started, no amount of happy people at a funfair with sofas will make me want to go there at 9am on St Stephens day, apart from the fact the closest store to me is over 2 hours away :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

A_smurf wrote: »
    The dfs winter sale advert has started, no amount of happy people at a funfair with sofas will make me want to go there at 9am on St Stephens day, apart from the fact the closest store to me is over 2 hours away :P

Don't you mean Boxing Day? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement