Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Panadol one with your one going on about 'the band' with that bland music playing in the background is especially awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That Panadol one with your one going on about 'the band' with that bland music playing in the background is especially awful.

Saw that today,desperate shyte altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Denny's Christmas ad with the young girl that gets the bicycle in the morning. I don't mind the ad but that THE HELL does that kid say? "He's a wee dote"??? "he knows he does"??? "I need a dose"??? "he wees doves"??? WHAT IS IT!? This is worse than when Paolo Di Canio (Italian footballer) did a Christmas ad for Sky Sports 10-12 years ago that finished with him saying "it's a bit special" but after 40 viewings still sounded exactly like someone who had just been punched in the esophagus while attempting to utter "izza bizza pehszha".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Any perfume/aftershave ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

'Make up your mind dad' by tennis playing D4 type kid sitting in the back of dad's car.

I don't know which is worse, the kid saying that, or dad's smile at the end as if to say 'ah, isn't he cute little chap'

I have no idea what the ad is for, but Goddamn it is truly awful. To the gallows!

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What about adverts that make me sad?

#byebyeolaf

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Big dick and little dick selling their crap oak furniture :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The new Trivago ad is worse than the old one. The girl in the Irish version hasa real annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That stupid Irish Rail one where they are sleeping and "talking" to each other. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

hotels combined is back again! Hate that so much, could he not have one laptop with multiple browsers open or tabs?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Roanmore wrote: »
    The new Trivago ad is worse than the old one. The girl in the Irish version hasa real annoying voice.

They should properly localise it and have her saying something like "I want to go to Courtown...and stay in a caravan...and I want it for the best price"

(Cut to slo-mo cutesy-music shot of her pretending to empty chemical toilet over pony-tailed boyfriend as they both break down hilariously in the rain)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

you think with the money that metoer are making they would do a decent advert with decent actors. i can't remember the last good one they've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    you think with the money that metoer are making they would do a decent advert with decent actors. i can't remember the last good one they've ever done.

As far as I can make out, every ad they make is aimed at teenagers from south Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I tend to hate all mobile phone Christmas ads. At least, we don't have to see these for 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Billy86 wrote: »
    The Denny's Christmas ad with the young girl that gets the bicycle in the morning. I don't mind the ad but that THE HELL does that kid say? "He's a wee dote"??? "he knows he does"??? "I need a dose"??? "he wees doves"??? WHAT IS IT!? This is worse than when Paolo Di Canio (Italian footballer) did a Christmas ad for Sky Sports 10-12 years ago that finished with him saying "it's a bit special" but after 40 viewings still sounded exactly like someone who had just been punched in the esophagus while attempting to utter "izza bizza pehszha".

He's a werry dud santa

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The constant ads on C4, E4 & More4 for that new horror movie thats out/coming out!!

O'm not mad into horror movies, but that ad is doing my head in now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Billy86 wrote: »

Can't stop laughing at this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Barely tolerating the Diet ads and quitting smoking ads, but why must I suffer Easter are already. I saw a Creme egg ad yesterday, couldn't believe they're on already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Barely tolerating the Diet ads and quitting smoking ads, but why must I suffer Easter are already. I saw a Creme egg ad yesterday, couldn't believe they're on already

Creme Egg season usually lasts from New Year's Day to Easter Sunday (5 April this year).

The "Here Today, Goo Tomorrow" campaign was fantastic:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Cadburys Crème Egg ads annoy the hell out of me. All of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

ollaetta wrote: »
    Cadburys Crème Egg ads annoy the hell out of me. All of them.

Even this one, featuring the music of Samuel Barber?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Even this one, featuring the music of Samuel Barber?

Yep, even that one. Nice music but just not into that goo thing no matter how they present it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Bank of Irelands new add with the father in the car with his son trying all these new sports

"I'll pick you up at 8 or 10 past"

"Make up your mind Dad!!"

Cheeky wee bollox, how about you walk home instead!!!

Also, everyone in the KBC add needs a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bank of Irelands new add with the father in the car with his son trying all these new sports

"I'll pick you up at 8 or 10 past"

"Make up your mind Dad!!"

Cheeky wee bollox, how about you walk home instead!!!

Also, everyone in the KBC add needs a slap
    Also, who would deliberate over arriving at eight or ten past? He seems to be actually offering two possibilities rather than saying he'll be there at roughly that time.

And I'd be more worried about how much all the gear for the different activities is costing than the membership fees. The martial arts outfit is easily sixty quid and the hurling helmet and hurl would cost about a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain Red

that American Sniper ad is annoying also the constant ITV 4 advertising the sports and motor sports EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK!!!! also hate the KBC ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The Allianz screamers are back :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The Allianz screamers are back :mad::mad:

And worse than the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The man who turns everything into skittles is having a second wind.
    Somebody on the verge of a nervous breakdown because he can't touch his child or dress himself is a bit dark for a sweet ad.
    Ever heard of gloves Einstein?

and how did he make the child in the first place without turning his wife into a big pile of skittles on the bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ever heard of gloves Einstein?

Surely the gloves would just turn into skittles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

He should make gloves out of melted down skittles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement