Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Surely the gloves would just turn into skittles?

If he took out his mickey, would it turn into Skittles too?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Surely the gloves would just turn into skittles?
    A pair of gloves made of skittles then :p
    Great minds think alike Phasers :)

He's looking at it all wrong anyway. He could make millions by setting up a recycling and sewerage treatment plant, rubbish, ****, nuclear waste all turned into skittles and sold on to the public.
    Or become the worlds top hitman. Quick and clean, no hint of a body just mounds of sweets found by the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The latest offering from It's 4 Women, worse than the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The latest offering from It's 4 Women, worse than the first two.

My daughter for keeping me "awwwesomme".

Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

KBC - all about me kind of life ad.

It's just too celtic tigery for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

the energia.ie ad with the 'jingle' in it,

these type of jingle ads really wear thin quite soon!

amdublin wrote: »
    KBC - all about me kind of life ad.

It's just too celtic tigery for my liking.

and what's worse is that's the very bank that chased the family in priory hall for a few grand after the husband hung emself!!! the insurance cleared the mortgage over 200 grand but there was some monies owing, about 10 grand I think and they chased the widow relentlessly for it. Until she ended up on page 1 of the indo or some such paper!! then it was wiped and apologies given!!

I Fukin hate that crowd with a passion!!!!

rusty cole wrote: »
    and what's worse is that's the very bank that chased the family in priory hall for a few grand after the husband hung emself!!! the insurance cleared the mortgage over 200 grand but there was some monies owing, about 10 grand I think and they chased the widow relentlessly for it. Until she ended up on page 1 of the indo or some such paper!! then it was wiped and apologies given!!

I Fukin hate that crowd with a passion!!!!

see below

http://www.newstalk.com/KBC-make-apology-to-Priory-Hall-widow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is craig doyle the only person available to do radio adverts these days? :mad:

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is craig doyle the only person available to do radio adverts these days? :mad:

he's a twatt!! tried to revamp his own show a few times only to realise wearing a new suit does not change a bad salesman!!! he's just an arse!

I don't mind most ads but hate the irish ones with stupid fake accents!!! my one pet hate is that DORT accent, i.e sinead desmond!!!

when I was in new Zealand I found the ads there particularly annoying ha ha ha

deep breaths, deep breaths!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That fat bastard in the AIG ads really needs to fcuk off now, how many months (years?) have they been torturing us with it at this stage? Does this really make people think "Ah, of course, AIG!" when they're looking for insurance? Everyone just rings around to get the cheapest or uses a price comparison website these days, its just so pointless and irritating.

Also the song in the Littlewoods ad with the weird looking models skipping along, "This is, this is, this-I do it my way, ohohohohoh", fcuking suicide music :mad:

Hilarious that Littlewoods have been advertising this neverending sale for what seems like the last 4 years now and they're still far and away the most expensive option for online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I particularly dislike that "Motivation Weight Loss" ad. Not so much for the ad itself. but more so the message they're trying to get across (Through yer man on the ad's condescending blurb), as if a weight loss attempt is literally impossible using your own will power (Or Motivation for want of a better word) or know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain Red

surely in the skittles ad the guys clothes should have turned to skittles when he put them on or what if he touched himself????

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Hotels Combined, where your man has been up all night comparing prices, really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hotels Combined, where your man has been up all night comparing prices, really annoys me

As several have pointed out, the ad ignores the existence of tabs in internet browsers. That doesn't speak well of the people running the company, considering its a ****ing website.

That and he has an annoying face that I want to punch really hard. The secret underlying message here is that he's having trouble with sexual performance. So, looking for a hotel in a vain attempt to rescue his marriage, he diverts his unspent energy into manically, frantically searching for the hotel he needs. But we can tell, we can tell, looking at the exasperation on his frustrated wife's face when she sees him, his marriage is doomed, irreparably.

Poor guy.

I still want to punch him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"With prepay power you have one less bill to pay, yes!"
    NO! You're just paying one of them using a more expensive method you deluded idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

" its a german":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The man who turns everything into skittles is having a second wind.
    Somebody on the verge of a nervous breakdown because he can't touch his child or dress himself is a bit dark for a sweet ad.
    Ever heard of gloves Einstein?

and how did he make the child in the first place without turning his wife into a big pile of skittles on the bed?

Maybe the child is skittles and his cousins are those M&M's? or it was some tragic skittles related accident at the skittles factory after he had the child already?
    surely in the skittles ad the guys clothes should have turned to skittles when he put them on or what if he touched himself????

Damn, beat me to it.

When you think about it, and theres no reason you should, he could just go around punching people in the face and turn them into skittles, he's probably the most dangerous man alive, can kill anyone, stop bullets, by rights they should turn into skittles? no jail can hold him, its a mystery how he gets dressed and he probably kills hundreds of people accidentally every week, at least initially until he copped what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Roanmore wrote: »
    The new Trivago ad is worse than the old one. The girl in the Irish version hasa real annoying voice.

But only the first line is an Irish voice.. Then it goes to the English one.. Still fecking annoying.. I want to go to Berlin.. The minute I hear that I mute or chance channel..

Whoo Who.. Feck off with your hipster beard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

dubscottie wrote: »
    But only the first line is an Irish voice.. Then it goes to the English one.. Still fecking annoying.. I want to go to Berlin.. The minute I hear that I mute or chance channel..

Whoo Who.. Feck off with your hipster beard..

The Venice one played for Months after a really hard breakup IN VENICE! It was ****ing torture! Her in her frigging bath, for 50 quid?! Yeah right love. Argh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

shalalala wrote: »
    The Venice one played for Months after a really hard breakup IN VENICE! It was ****ing torture! Her in her frigging bath, for 50 quid?! Yeah right love. Argh
    Such a wanky ad. "Vintage bath" - Fcuk off.

That stupid KBC ad is back worse than ever (or at least what I've seen before)

Simple life, modern life, met/broke up online etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

+1. Any ad that has someone "whispering" loudly drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Creme Egg one with the Mexican looking fella "chatting up" the cream egg.

With particularly paeodophilic moustache and creepy voice to add to the unease I get watching the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The Creme Egg one with the Mexican looking fella "chatting up" the cream egg.

With particularly paeodophilic moustache and creepy voice to add to the unease I get watching the ad.

I'd say he looks Indian..,does he not?certainly something a bit creepy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Griever931 wrote: »
    The hairdressers on the Hellmann's ad are pretty annoying.

I liked this ad, Brian Blessed with his "WHATS WRONG WITH BIG TOMATOES!!!"

See the extended version here

youtube.com/watch?v=rNcHNz3DDWg

Sorry if its already got a mention here but that suited wanker from the toilet paper ad who keeps going
    "Emma!"

God I want to slap him about the place so bad.

Extended version here - it was Kitten Soft for us but "Le Trefle" in this ad

youtube.com/watch?v=Zu65kiRfnnQ

Sorry, after searching for "Emma" in this thread I found multiple posts on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Sorry, after searching for "Emma" in this thread I found multiple posts on same.

It can never be criticised enough.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    " its a german":mad:

so, therefore, it's going to take ALL YOUR MONEY when your at your lowest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement