Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

♪ ♫ I can sing a rainbaow, sing a rainbaow, sing along with me.. ♪ ♬

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Eh...I'm a l-l-l-lobster :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Pampers advert with the massively annoying "Lets dance" music and the dopey dancing babies. Some of those babies look like they have had a rough night, little dancing feckers!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=iOgXpjHNN_k

Also this version has equally annoying American voice over. Arggghh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I know it's been mentioned, probably many times, but that KBC ad with the wan walking along the street 'I worry about...I have an all about me lifestyle', my foot is threatening the tv screen, every time she appears! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"With prepay power you have one less bill to pay, yes!"
    NO! You're just paying one of them using a more expensive method you deluded idiot
    Its both a comically stupid statement and at the same time really slimey and patronizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned, probably many times, but that KBC ad with the wan walking along the street 'I worry about...I have an all about me lifestyle', my foot is threatening the tv screen, every time she appears! :mad:

Was wondering how long it would be until that particular ad was mentioned here. If you needed any more reason to despise her, you might also notice she's sipping a takeaway coffee as she prances away down the street (That you know well would be a starbucks cup if they could get away with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

so, therefore, it's going to take ALL YOUR MONEY when your at your lowest.

She's breathtaking to look at though.

claudia that is not Angela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Sorry, after searching for "Emma" in this thread I found multiple posts on same.
    It can never be criticised enough.

So true! :D

shamrock55 wrote: »
    " its a german":mad:

"You gonna be alroish with that? I mean it's prrettty steep down there.."

Every time I hear his F****ng voice... Ugh... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

LynnGrace wrote: »

I knew this would be posted on here "I worry about what I'm going to wear, I worry if my boyfriend still likes me" **** off you annoying Taylor Swift clone.

Sorry that ad's been driving me mental for weeks and I needed to vent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Pentecost wrote: »
    I knew this would be posted on here "I worry about what I'm going to wear, I worry if my boyfriend still likes me" **** off you annoying Taylor Swift clone.

Sorry that ad's been driving me mental for weeks and I needed to vent.

tumblr_inline_netjfexone1rlsnef.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. :o;)

Here's the ad for the Million Euro Challenge. How does it compare to the game show itself? :o:D;)

Here's the ad for the Million Euro Challenge. How does it compare to the game show itself? :o:D;)

That ad has been bugging me for a while.

Million Euro Challenge? Is this a competition?

I may have these wrong, and hopefully somebody will correct me, as I may not be getting something.

Step 1. Flick Scratch Card (I presume you Buy and scratch).
    Step 2. Take Red Carpet into building with Paparazzi present and photographing you.
    Step 3. Drive your fast car somewhere, anywhere.
    Step 4. Take Hot Air Balloon up to Gold Safe. Open and use funds to power Private Yacht to get to your beach shack, possibly on an Island
    Step 5. Take (private?) Jet over to Giant Piano and record player with Gramophone Speakers (Possibly to a Concert, or you are now a musician).
    Step 6. Go to your Gold Castle.

Winner: Break the pyramid titled "The 6 steps to a Million" and you will now have completed the Million Euro Challenge and have your €1,000,000 blow out by a fan on to you and everything around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Allyall wrote: »
    ♪ ♫ I can sing a rainbaow, sing a rainbaow, sing along with me.. ♪ ♬

:mad:

I find myself humming that song, which annoys me no end. That ad is very visually appealing though - I sort of find it hypnotic.

Allyall wrote: »
    That ad has been bugging me for a while.

Million Euro Challenge? Is this a competition?

I may have these wrong, and hopefully somebody will correct me, as I may not be getting something.

Step 1. Flick Scratch Card (I presume you Buy and scratch).
    Step 2. Take Red Carpet into building with Paparazzi present and photographing you.
    Step 3. Drive your fast car somewhere, anywhere.
    Step 4. Take Hot Air Balloon up to Gold Safe. Open and use funds to power Private Yacht to get to your beach shack, possibly on an Island
    Step 5. Take (private?) Jet over to Giant Piano and record player with Gramophone Speakers (Possibly to a Concert, or you are now a musician).
    Step 6. Go to your Gold Castle.

Winner: Break the pyramid titled "The 6 steps to a Million" and you will now have completed the Million Euro Challenge and have your €1,000,000 blow out by a fan on to you and everything around you.

In reality:

Step 1: You post a scratchcard with 3 stars on it.
    Step 2: Nicky Byrne draws that scratchcard.
    Step 3: You bring along a friend or family member.
    Step 4: The two of you play a code-guessing game.
    Step 5: The two of you play some sort of hi-lo game.
    Step 6: The two of you play a game involving a pyramid with drawers in it.

Six steps to... an amount far, FAR less than €1,000,000, which the two of you have to share equally. Unless, of course, the two of you are incredibly lucky. :o:o :rolleyes: ;)

For more about the show, here's the thread... :D:);)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057359219

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

That fcukin McDonnells Curry sauce ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

That fcukin McDonnells Curry sauce ad.

If ever an advert actually enticed you to NOT buy a product this is it!!!!

Stomach flu on a plate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I like that ad, I think it's funny.

CHIPS CURRY???! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Brilliant ad, awful show.

Brilliant ad, awful show.

Well, I suppose the ad is better than the show, and also better than most other National Lottery ads... :o:D

"Hey.. What's your name?"
    "Egg? That's a Beautiful name."

Has to be the sh*ttest advert, and definitely the one most likely to trigger a foot attack on the screen.

Every thing about it is sh*t. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think it's eggsellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think it's eggsellent.

No it's not. It's a terrible yolk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think it's eggsellent.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    No it's not. It's a terrible yolk

While some users thoughts on this are somewhat scrambled, I think it's hard to beat it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The KBC "I worry about a load of sh1te and manage to come across as very unlikeable" ad

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

cerastes wrote: »
    I'd say he looks Indian..,does he not?certainly something a bit creepy about it.

He looks like a sex offender whatever about his ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain Red

that Toyota Ayoga ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The toothpaste were they mention how many people worked for so long to tell us a cavity free future *MAY* be possible. Really all that for a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

rizzla wrote: »
    The toothpaste were they mention how many people worked for so long to tell us a cavity free future *MAY* be possible. Really all that for a maybe.

Any ad that does this always stinks of snake oil and bull****. When they say their snack bar "May help with weight loss" I wish they were required to finish the sentence with "for all we know". I think Charlie Brooker had a thing about this in advertising. You could say "jumping up and down may help knock the world off its axis" or "punching the wall may help knock it down" but that doesn't mean either method is effective. Hence beauty products so often make claims about how their cream "helps fight aging"

...for all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

It involves an auld wan, the word awesome & air quotes. Can't remember what it's for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tim76 wrote: »
    It involves an auld wan, the word awesome & air quotes. Can't remember what it's for.

Ad for car insurance

"Awwweeesommme"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement