Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

That Euromillions one with the old lady on the motorbike and the dog. I've seen that ad about a million and three times by now and I still can't work out what she's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Frigating wrote: »
    That Euromillions one with the old lady on the motorbike and the dog. I've seen that ad about a million and three times by now and I still can't work out what she's saying.

'It reminds me of the new Nenagh by-pass Ted'.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Frigating wrote: »
    I think those ads are brilliant!

Well, relatively :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

The new McDonnells curry ad, featuring what I'm fairly sure is the annoying fella from the Meteor Christmas 2012 ad, "jumping in the freezing see-hee!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The eircom ad that's on 100 times a day.
    Has the kid walking out looking at her phone, then for some reason looks up, smirks and walks on..? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The ad for creme eggs or maltesers with the two fools in the hipster office. One goes something like "it's an easter bunny....it hops" then hops the chocolate rabbit off the desk while making a very irritating facial expression as the other dope looks on with a thousand mile stare :mad:

All these "easter" ads in January should be lanced, along with the people responsible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Aaagh the radio ad for Nissan, I think

"what sound does the train make?"

Have to turn it off the minute it comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Allianz National Football and Hurling League ads. Brutal script and the voiceover sounds like it was done in a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The KBC ad with yer one with the glasses bladdering on about how "it's all about me".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The carrs biscuits or crackers ad.

Sad lonely office worker etc

I just want to punch yer one who keeps popping up out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The petit filou ad, with the child pointing at the board...and the adults sitting at a desk. 'All yoghurts have...'. I don't know what she says because her voice is very hard to listen to, so I turn down the volume.
    'Is that clear' .

Make it stop! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Anything for Knorr stock needs to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Aaagh the radio ad for Nissan, I think

"what sound does the train make?"

Have to turn it off the minute it comes on

Did-di-di-di-duh Did-di-di-di-duh!

I agree wholeheartedly. Annoying as f!

The KBC ad with yer one with the glasses bladdering on about how "it's all about me".

She's a "Swifter" (hipster who wants to be Taylor Swift, but has probably never even heard any of her country albums.) :p

Tim76 wrote: »
    It involves an auld wan, the word awesome & air quotes. Can't remember what it's for.

That's the most recent remix of the "it's 4 women" ad, with Katie St. Anthony Taylor doing a monologue monotone at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

duridian wrote: »
    That's the most recent remix of the "it's 4 women" ad, with Katie St. Anthony Taylor doing a monologue monotone at the end.

It's *air quotes* awwwwesssummm*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That new version of The Safe Cross Code is awful beyond words.The dreadfull version of the original song,the cheap looking, ugly cgi animation of dancing children that looks like footage from a Wii game.And unlike the original I doubt if its effective in any way of conveying its intended message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

darkdubh wrote: »
    That new version of The Safe Cross Code is awful beyond words.The dreadfull version of the original song,the cheap looking, ugly cgi animation of dancing children that looks like footage from a Nintendo 64 game.And unlike the original I doubt if its effective in any way of conveying its intended message.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Hotels combined..... where the missus comes down stairs in the morning and her tw4t of a husband is bouncing around the living room! WAC!!!!!

Hotels combined..... where the missus comes down stairs in the morning and her tw4t of a husband is bouncing around the living room! WAC!!!!!

Yup. That and Trivago.
    I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, aaaarrrggghhhh, HULK SMASH!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yup. That and Trivago.
    I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, aaaarrrggghhhh, HULK SMASH!!!! :mad:

Yeah, where did advertisers get the idea that having someone in an ad list out what they "want" - like Angelica from the Rugrats - made for an appealing advertising prospect?

Surely "we can give you ABC" or "you can get/do/have/experience XYZ" is a better bet?

When I hear these ads, all I hear is a spoilt child going "me me me me me me". At least if it was a child, you'd understand, but an adult acting like that? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, where did advertisers get the idea that having someone in an ad list out what they "want" - like Angelica from the Rugrats - made for an appealing advertising prospect?

Surely "we can give you ABC" or "you can get/do/have/experience XYZ" is a better bet?

When I hear these ads, all I hear is a spoilt child going "me me me me me me". At least if it was a child, you'd understand, but an adult acting like that? :mad:
    It's appealing to a population of self absorbed, entitled brats. It is exactly the voice you should adopt to get through to modern Ireland. "Act like a spoiled child, and we will indulge you!" It's what people want to hear.

At least in the heads of advertisers, but their understanding of the world is so warped that you can still live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

And that stupid ad is on during just about every ad break on Sky Sports. I can't leave the remote more than an inch away.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PUnited

I cant remember what the ad is for but theres one at the moment where a guy is walking with his top half in a suit and the bottom is in heels an hot pants, very creepy altogether.

PUnited wrote: »
    I cant remember what the ad is for but theres one at the moment where a guy is walking with his top half in a suit and the bottom is in heels an hot pants, very creepy altogether.

"Dave's epic strut". Ad for MoneySupermarket dotCom, think they're an insurance crowd in the UK.

"Dave's epic strut". Ad for MoneySupermarket dotCom, think they're an insurance crowd in the UK.

ah thats the one "daves feeling epic" whatever about him being in a dress the half and half is so odd

It seems to have somewhat of a fanbase judging by its presence in the "Adverts we like" thread as well. :)

It seems to have somewhat of a fanbase judging by its presence in the "Adverts we like"[/URL] thread as well. :)

ah jaysus what is happening to the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

As has been pointed out, yer man doesn't seem to have heard of the concept of tabs on an internet browser, with his ten screens set up there. Also, the name of their site is crap IMHO, they could surely have come up with a better name than Hotels Combined

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

darkdubh wrote: »
    That new version of The Safe Cross Code is awful beyond words.The dreadfull version of the original song,the cheap looking, ugly cgi animation of dancing children that looks like footage from a Wii game.And unlike the original I doubt if its effective in any way of conveying its intended message.

The old one.

The new,

Theres no cars or any emphasis at all on the dangers of crossing the road in the new one.The message just goes over the heads of most young kids I'd say.All they see are those dancing yokes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement