Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a bullying one with equally horrific animation, like something somebody made with an app on their phone. Bet it cost about 50 times what a private company would have paid for it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Muller Light Greek style yogurt with the girl on the sun-lounger admiring the body of the guy emerging from the water.
    But what annoys me the most is the voice-over woman and the way she says "Deeeelicious".

The Cravendale ad with the creepy biscuit boy, but since they changed the singer on the ad, it's actually worse.

"WOW WHAT A SPEED RUSH!"-Barry Scott and his snaggly teeth for the Cillit Bang ad.

Secret Escapes ad with the brunette with the short legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dunno if it has been mentioned but that stupid ad for prepay power where she is pretending to do a presidential speech is bloody awful, oh and SORT OUT YOUR HAIR FFS! It looks ridiculous..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Dear god... Has anyone seen the new M&Ms ad??

- Brown lady M&M & Yellow & Red are in an NYC cab.
    - Cab driver makes lecherous comment about brown M&M
    - Brown exits cab... Yellow & Red have no cash for cab fare.
    - Horny cab driver horrifyingly turns around & says... "don't worry, we can come to an arrangement" practically rubbing his nips saying it!

Incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The Laughing Cow ad with the cows sitting round the table and bull (Speaking in a Russian accent it would appear) strolling over and mentioning the "Boyfriend Material" line. Utterly cringe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'Brave'...oh f*ck off AIB with your stupid ads!
    Even the voice on that ad does my head in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

[/B]

The old one.

The new,

Theres no cars or any emphasis at all on the dangers of crossing the road in the new one.The message just goes over the heads of most young kids I'd say.All they see are those dancing yokes.

They just stand on the footpath singing and dancing for three minuites,utter waste of time producing the thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

darkdubh wrote: »
    They just stand on the footpath singing and dancing for three minuites,utter waste of time producing the thing at all.

Yeah, slightly weird that they don't actually cross the road...surely the visual stuff is as important as the song itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Can I sum up this entire thread with one word. Otrapine. Not sure how to spell it. Its the worst ad on TV and me and the missus cringe every time it comes on. You see it a lot on Utv.

That ad for Flash I think it is where they mum serves the dinner on the table without plates or anything because its so clean now!!,

all it says is using this product will turn you into a moran!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

[/B]

The old one.

The new,

Theres no cars or any emphasis at all on the dangers of crossing the road in the new one.The message just goes over the heads of most young kids I'd say.All they see are those dancing yokes.

Mu uncle is the garda in the original ad. True story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

arrrrggghhh either the safe cross code or 50 shades of grey adverts are coming up on youtube at the moment. seriously the safe cross code those voices is annoying and driving me mad. as for 50 shades of grey. honestly Jamie doran is not bad to look at, but its still not making me go see that movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

There is one, haven't seen it for a while but it's about a brand of prune juice.

They have different actors talking about how gorgeous it is then the take the tiniest sup and u can just see it on their face that it's awful. Some of them don't even drink any.

Mmmmm prune juice......heave ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'Brave'...oh f*ck off AIB with your stupid ads!
    Even the voice on that ad does my head in.

I hate all bank and insurance ads with a passion. This 'brave' ad is awful: try dealing with banks and insurance companies for real and you see how fake their ads are!!

syklops wrote: »
    Can I sum up this entire thread with one word. Otrapine. Not sure how to spell it. Its the worst ad on TV and me and the missus cringe every time it comes on. You see it a lot on Utv.

Is this the add with the fella with his shirt half off putting on some jellyish thing on his chest and swirling around in a chair while others look on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this the add with the fella with his shirt half off putting on some jellyish thing on his chest and swirling around in a chair while others look on?

Thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

The new bord gais ad with your whan thinking to herself gets on my tits

You make me FEEL LIKE! I been locked out of HEAVEN!

Tuneless shower of smug bastards driving a yaris around Prague. You just kind of hope they hit a tram because they aren't concentrating. Nothing to cause an injury, of course, just enough to stop then singing very abruptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cannot stand that song anyway, so it makes me turn off the tv or shut down the page on my laptop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

no

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Thats the one.

It is a stupid ad and it would rank with for me the No Nonsense ad series and that 'brave' AIB ad series as the worst on TV at the moment.

Johnston Mooney and O'Brien have an ad that, for no particular reason I can figure out, have lots of images of the eighties with this terrible sing being sung over it about how good the old days were, that sounds like the singer is some middle aged boozehound from the international bar who never misses an opportunity to pull out the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

That McDonald's ad "chips curry" wtf like and the really smug face on him to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Ross safety authority advertisement is do annoying. The one where it says to keep an eye out on cyclists. Man in car driving and woman on bike in front of him. Both at junction and she turns around to him, gives a creepy smile and then signals right. He nods politely.
    If this was real life the hand would be on the horn, the window would be down and words would be spoken - move - just get out of the way. The hand signal communicates your turning right - no need to make eye contact and smile to the car behind you.
    Silly, just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

The one for eye laser surgery with the auld one. She is a really bad actress.

The car one with her man with the stupid grin shouting "thats my boy" terrible

The vistaprint one with the dog groomer. Her accent annoys me. " I have to sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Ross safety authority advertisement is do annoying. The one where it says to keep an eye out on cyclists. Man in car driving and woman on bike in front of him. Both at junction and she turns around to him, gives a creepy smile and then signals right. He nods politely.
    If this was real life the hand would be on the horn, the window would be down and words would be spoken - move - just get out of the way. The hand signal communicates your turning right - no need to make eye contact and smile to the car behind you.
    Silly, just silly.

I'd say in real life if you saw that evil demon creepy smile you'd hit reverse as fast as you can, swing the car around and find the nearest church to make peace with your god. Dunno who decided that she should turn around and smile like that as part of the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'd say in real life if you saw that evil demon creepy smile you'd hit reverse as fast as you can, swing the car around and find the nearest church to make peace with your god.

Hmm - reminds me of this... :o:o:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I hate all bank and insurance ads with a passion. This 'brave' ad is awful: try dealing with banks and insurance companies for real and you see how fake their ads are!!

Here's the deal - you give us 60 billion and we'll totally consider lending you money once you prove that you've got so much money you don't need to borrow money.

K?

* I like the voice thought because it's Jessica Hyde from Utopia.

Hmm - reminds me of this... :o:o:D:D;);)

Jesus Christ, it's too early in the morning for that kind of thing. Scared the hell out of me, what's it even for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jesus Christ, it's too early in the morning for that kind of thing. Scared the hell out of me, what's it even for?

Apparently it's to show how good that company's tyres are in snowy conditions... :o:D;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement