Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Kleenix ad where a big screen in the street plays a message and drops a pack of tissue out of a slot :mad:

Its so fcuking stupid, did it rely on all these photogenic looking people walking past that screen on the same street and pausing to watch an ad instead of walking on at just the right time? Why are they all wearing ridiculous amounts of makeup? Even the kids are clearly taken from a modeling agency and their supposed mother seems to be 21 years old and a different ethnicity.

I hate patronizingly fake ads like this, like that cnut in the cinema for Coke Zero, God I hate advertising :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thargor wrote: »
    God I hate advertising :mad:

It's ok, you're among friends here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What the hell is the story with that sinister carbon monoxide ad with the Dubliners canary?

That ad would scare the sh*te out of kids (and I'm not too comfortable with it either)

"You might just wake up DEAD!"

Ooooooo...kaaaaaayyyy....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Slow motion Finbar Furey promoting a free CD in the Sunday mail.

Looks like he's having a stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Mr E wrote: »
    What the hell is the story with that sinister carbon monoxide ad with the Dubliners canary?

That ad would scare the sh*te out of kids (and I'm not too comfortable with it either)

Our doggie started growling at that ad tonight, we were not surprised.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

the add that shows ya how to drive.. in particular the one about cyclists.. woman in the red jumper on the bike stoped at the T junction and she looks back at the car with the creepiest look ever.. then signals left and takes off.. that look really annoys me..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think thats gas(pardon the pun).No harm giving kids a scare,it feeds their imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Ross safety authority advertisement is do annoying. The one where it says to keep an eye out on cyclists. Man in car driving and woman on bike in front of him. Both at junction and she turns around to him, gives a creepy smile and then signals right. He nods politely.
    I'd say in real life if you saw that evil demon creepy smile you'd hit reverse as fast as you can, swing the car around and find the nearest church to make peace with your god. Dunno who decided that she should turn around and smile like that as part of the ad.
    the add that shows ya how to drive.. in particular the one about cyclists.. woman in the red jumper on the bike stoped at the T junction and she looks back at the car with the creepiest look ever.. then signals left and takes off.. that look really annoys me..

29eoho8.jpg

:o:o:o:o;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

An old one but does anyone remember the wriggleys chewing gum add where there is a girl on a bus and her and this bloke split the gum in half to share. And the song "alright now" plays. Ugh.

I just used to cringe at that add when I was a kid.

Saralee4 wrote: »
    An old one but does anyone remember the wriggleys chewing gum add where there is a girl on a bus and her and this bloke split the gum in half to share. And the song "alright now" plays. Ugh.

I just used to cringe at that add when I was a kid.

Ah, that ad's a classic. :o;)

Didn't realise until quite recently, actually, that Free were British and not American... :o:o;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Ah, that ad's a classic. :o;)

Didn't realise until quite recently, actually, that Free were British and not American... :o:o;)

Yep thanks Harvey - still makes me cringe haha ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

29eoho8.jpg

A meteorite could come through the roof of the car and I think my eyes would still be focused on her shapely posterior...

A meteorite could come through the roof of the car and I think my eyes would still be focused on her shapely posterior...

So your eyes wouldn't be focused on her face at all, then. :o:o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Knorr ad "one of the most important things in my kitchen are my wellies". There is no way a professional chef would allow wellies in their kitchen, this one annoys me almost as much as Fuppen Marco Pierre White suggesting that you crush a stock cube in olive oil and coat steak with it. I lost all respect for him as a chef, I ruined two beautiful steaks with this suggestion, the only thing that I have cooked that I have had to bin, todate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

smilerf wrote: »
    That McDonald's ad "chips curry" wtf like and the really smug face on him to boot.

i've never knowingly bought something made by them, but i definitely won't be buying anything by them because of that fuppin ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭flazio

i've never knowingly bought something made by them, but i definitely won't be buying anything by them because of that fuppin ad.
    Better stay away from the curry chips in your local chipper then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would that AIB "Brave" ad ever just feck off.

What is with her voice? It sounds like she's been crying or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

J. Marston wrote: »

She's being brave trying not to cry ;)

I loooooovvve that ad!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

J. Marston wrote: »

What bothers new is that it's an adjective that they are treating like it's a noun, which is a pretty trendy thing to do, and an annoying short cut to sounding edgy. Clearly the ad should say "we're backing people who are brave" or "we're backing bravery". But those don't sound as if the bank is particularly cool. It's the same as "I'm loving it" when clearly that is identical (except incorrect) to "I love it", but didn't sound passable as a slogan. Put it in the continuous? You've got yourself an international, multi billion ad campaign for one of the world's biggest companies, which has since entered the lexicon and has infected the way people talk about liking or disliking EVERYTHING.

Jesus advertising **** boil my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

What bothers new is that it's an adjective that they are treating like it's a noun, which is a pretty trendy thing to do, and an annoying short cut to sounding edgy. Clearly the ad should say "we're backing people who are brave" or "we're backing bravery". But those don't sound as if the bank is particularly cool. It's the same as "I'm loving it" when clearly that is identical (except incorrect) to "I love it", but didn't sound passable as a slogan. Put it in the continuous? You've got yourself an international, multi billion ad campaign for one of the world's biggest companies, which has since entered the lexicon and has infected the way people talk about liking or disliking EVERYTHING.

Jesus advertising **** boil my piss.

Quality rant sir (or madam) I salute you.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great Ad I love it, and it gets the point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

The rat D'Arcy show ad

LaGlisse wrote: »
    The rat D'Arcy show ad
    Is that the one where that smug annoying woman says.."Motherhood has been an eye-opener"...?

It drives me nuts :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

inthehat wrote: »
    Is that the one where that smug annoying woman says.."Motherhood has been an eye-opener"...?

I love the way she says it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The TV3e advert for Wednesday movies.. :mad:
    Good f**k............ :eek:

With possibly the worst Dublin accent, and most annoying, "For the Girdles" ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

It sums up the "Having the baby" compared to "Having a baby" mindset perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

All Heineken ads. They are fu*kin' terrible and pointless. id love to know how much their marketing company is getting. The latest is the guy who finds the business card holder in a taxi, runs all over town to try and find the woman who lost it, and ends up with her in a ski lift with her at the end! Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

All Heineken ads. They are fu*kin' terrible and pointless. id love to know how much their marketing company is getting. The latest is the guy who finds the business card holder in a taxi, runs all over town to try and find the woman who lost it, and ends up with her in a ski lift with her at the end! Wtf?

Crap ads indeed. Remember Heineken believe they offer a "premium" product in this country. That's why they totally objected to JD Wetherspoons selling their product cheaper than competitors here. Wetherspoons quite rightly cut all ties with Heineken in the UK and Ireland. They later renegotiated to supply them in the UK again but not Ireland. Shows the total contempt with which Heineken think of the Irish market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rather despise that Zurich ad that makes me wonder if my telly is about to explode

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement