Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hot milk on weetabix? it's like soggy cardboard only more tasteless!
    Wouldn't be one for yoghurt but bananas with weetabix (and cold milk) are nice...

[edit] Removed comment...that's a radio ad, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The new 11890 ad with "Eddie Hobbs".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

that hovis ad. so pointless and long.**** off.

The pat the Baker add, So fresh it's Famous, The new one with each of the people working, coming home from a night out etc singing the song.
    Hot milk on weetabix? it's like soggy cardboard only more tasteless!
    Wouldn't be one for yoghurt but bananas with weetabix (and cold milk) are nice...

No you need sugar on Weetabix and hot milk. Weetabix and cold milk seems to taste sweeter so you don't need the sugar. :rolleyes:

Karsini wrote: »
    Just saw another 11850 one there, I see they're now 11-8-50 again rather than 118-50. Still don't like them though, too similar to the UK 118118 ads that it just looks like a rip off. I'm guessing they're the same crowd but still...

Can you wait for the LIVE version on Tuesday (18th) Night on RTE TWO, rte.ie and RTE Radio. all 90 seconds of it :) pure brilliance.

Conduit Europe own both 11850 and 118118. It was an Irish company that had several similar operations around Europe. I believe they are now owned by an American company.

Regarding the Weetabix bit, I almost always have hot milk on them, nothing beats it! ;)
    Elmo wrote: »
    The pat the Baker add, So fresh it's Famous, The new one with each of the people working, coming home from a night out etc singing the song.
    I like the original, there's a nice feel about it:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIzL2ejMcYk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No you need sugar on Weetabix and hot milk. Weetabix and cold milk seems to taste sweeter so you don't need the sugar. :rolleyes:

Still doesn't do it for me...but you're right I don't take sugar on my cereal, so maybe that's part of it. Still think it tastes like soggy cardboard though...and if left for a moment too long it can set like concrete..

On topic: any and all xmas ads currently showing...I've only ever had a soft spot for the coca cola polar bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wertz wrote: »
    Still doesn't do it for me...but you're right I don't take sugar on my cereal, so maybe that's part of it. Still think it tastes like soggy cardboard though...and if left for a moment too long it can set like concrete..

Are you sure you're not eating the packaging by mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

is it on yt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I know it's not a TV ad - thank God!! - but what about the ad for F.......g Erectile Disfunction??? The bloody thing comes on at all times of the day and usually when I am giving my kids their breakfast or lunch. :mad::mad:

And by the way what is wrong with the little bit of escapism afforded by the delightful snowy Guinness Christmas ad which portrays Dublin in a 'sympathetic' light? Guinness Ads are as much a part of Christmas as the Queen's Speech and Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. :D

I know it's not a TV ad - thank God!! - but what about the ad for F.......g Erectile Disfunction??? The bloody thing comes on at all times of the day and usually when I am giving my kids their breakfast or lunch. :mad::mad:

And by the way what is wrong with the little bit of escapism afforded by the delightful snowy Guinness Christmas ad which portrays Dublin in a 'sympathetic' light? Guinness Ads are as much a part of Christmas as the Queen's Speech and Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. :D

Yeah I like the Guinness add. As for the Queen Speech worst piece of advertising ever, full of propaganda. :)

As for the weetibix, you have to poor the hot milk in fully otherwise putting more hot milk on top of it makes it get solid. and won't take the extra bits that aren't fully wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I'm also sick of any ad for beauty products that is fake eg when an ad for mascarra that's gonna make your lashes look TEN TIMES BIGGER comes on and you see down at the bottom "Eyelash inserts used" or for some magical shampoo/hair dye and it says "Styled using hair extensions"

It's so stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm confused.com - f*ck off!!!!! I hate that ad!!

Also Go harvey go harvey go harvey go harvey norman go!! With that bloody austrailian guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Also all gaviscon ads. If the traffic cop managed to make the whole city gridlocked by just bending over and wincing how come when she dances like a lunatic the traffic is completely gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All of those happy smiling dancing sporty tampon ads - when they should just show a clip from Psycho (or even SAW) to get the real message across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Pumpkinseed

i hate the londis ads, they're so cheesy and then i get the song in my head all day

"need this, wanting this, f***ing this, lo-on-di-is" :mad:

I've a similar prob with the Eddie Rockets ad I end up shrieking in my head "Eddie Rockets GO F**K YOURSE-ELF!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

I hate , no detest....

The "Have a Happy Period" adverts... seriously wtf! HOW can you have a Happy Period... either male or female!!!!

AND

I hate the "Harvey Norman" Ads... so much so that i will NEVER buy anything from them...

AND

Anything that Ben Dunne is talking in... who cares!!! and no i dont think jackie skelly is actually listening to you, you gobsh**e

Thought of another one,

that poxy strepsils with the little animated tosser,
    I used to think it was cute the way they had the saw for the throat ... nice clever imagery or whatever but that feckin one where he puts on the poncey white suit and dances around like a spanner makes me want to tear up and spit on the piece of paper the f**ckin c*nt was originally drawn on.

I will now beat all of your annoying adds with one word

Londis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

I will now beat all of your annoying adds with one word

Londis.

Or SuperValu. Annoying ads for a supermarket chain that is neither super nor value.

• Advertisement

No I mean Londis.

Want dis, need dis, have dis, londis ..... <<<< That is the song!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

More rubbish for the landfill - the new Ready Brek ad

"la-dee-la-dee-la-dee-la-dee-da-daaaaadee" or so it goes.

The ads for yourlocal.ie as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

I hate them all!!:mad:
    I wish TV was ad free:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I hate them all!!:mad:
    I wish TV was ad free:cool:

The one good thing about BBC....

that and Top Gear.
    Which begs the question...
    WHY RICHARD??!! WHY??!!!!

Give up the Morrisons ads!!!

No I mean Londis.

Want dis, need dis, have dis, londis ..... <<<< That is the song!!!! :(

One word Garmin. Worst ad, worst christmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That new ad for Centra featuring Kenny Egan couldn't be anymore cheap if it tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Aidric wrote: »
    That new ad for Centra featuring Kenny Egan couldn't be anymore cheap if it tried.

Kenny God love him is milking it for all he's worth

He's on at least 3 separate ad campaigns and advertising his own DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I fookin hate those Meteor christmas ads, ye know, the ones with the reindeer.

One of them does'nt make sense at all!!

I think this is how it goes

Reindeer 1: Theyre still loadin meteor phones onto that slay. We'll never get it off the ground(Or something to that effect)

Reindeer 2: Well i've gotta not from me chiropractor, so i'm out this year

Reindeer 1: Ah seriously lads, we're not gettin out of it. Theyve parked the slay right out side

Reindeer 3: I'll tell you where you'll park that slay!!(Then storms off)

Reindeer 1: Ah come back ye luper

Why did reindeer 3 take offense. Couldnt make sense of it at all!!:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

I felt compelled to write a reply and if thread wasn't already here I would have created a new one! That FCUKING PAT THE BAKER AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the most irritating ad of all time, worst singing, annoying accents, everything about it grates on my nerves like diana from the x factor. oh it makes me angry. so fresh its famous. fcuk off.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

The Garmin ad is hateful. A load of noisy bints shouting some horrible gregorian chant about fish and maps and landmarks.

F*ck away from my telly, you , garmin. Just F*ck away from it. Right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement