Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The Compare the Meerkat ads have just got super-annoying... it was mildly amusing the first couple of times, but now it's just overkill. And they're trying to flog their own merch as well as whatever service the website provides... that fake accent drives me bananas... "Get limited edition Safari Oleg toy..." Get a limited edition kick up the arse, more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ad for the Oscars on RTE2. Everytime I hear that music I hear the opening bars of "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Acacia wrote: »
    The Compare the Meerkat ads have just got super-annoying... it was mildly amusing the first couple of times, but now it's just overkill. And they're trying to flog their own merch as well as whatever service the website provides... that fake accent drives me bananas... "Get limited edition Safari Oleg toy..." Get a limited edition kick up the arse, more like.

They were annoying from the beginning.Utterly hate them and that stupid "simples" catchphrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

The latest PrePay Power one that's on every ad break on Sky at the moment. Just f**k off you bunch of sh*t-stained cock-knockers with your equally sh*t product. Especially 'Mom' with the ugliest fringe in existence. Her hairdresser much hate her as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any betting ad that airs during a football match. Promotes in-game live betting with a slick looking 'bloke' always being a 'lad' or else a cockney wideboy Ray Winstone growling at you to Cash Aaht. Just f*ck off.

Any daytime tv ads during the likes of Jeremy Kyle are invariably thrashy yokes for bingo, personal injury compensation or horoscopes. At least they know their target audience ,I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

What's with this rehashing of old ads from a few years back?

That ultra annoying one with the 4 tossers waxing and shaving their chests is back and the lottery ones with the auld wan and the Jack Russell are getting just a little (alright, huge!) bit tiresome.
    "new Nenagh by-pass"? Come on, it's only there about 15 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

How many more drops can PhoneWatch milk out of this advert?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the time they finally consign it to history, it'll probably be as shrivelled as an old cat's bottom... :o:o:o:D:D

Elaine still looks good, though. Here's her Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/elaine.hearty.5?fref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That originally aired at least 7 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The electric Ireland tranny house party!

How many more drops can PhoneWatch milk out of this advert?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the time they finally consign it to history, it'll probably be as shrivelled as an old cat's bottom... :o:o:o:D:D

Elaine still looks good, though. Here's her Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/elaine.hearty.5?fref=ts

The couple,brother and neighbour in that advert are the most unlikeable,smug collection of hideous w@nkers to appear in any advert I've seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

darkdubh wrote: »
    The couple,brother and neighbour in that advert are the most unlikeable,smug collection of hideous w@nkers to appear in any advert I've seen in years.

With any luck their houses are being burgled while they're out.

No, no, darkdubh, they all have such nice names! I bet the burglars are called Anto or Johnno, but we not told that, maybe in the next ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

madmaggie wrote: »
    No, no, darkdubh, they all have such nice names! I bet the burglars are called Anto or Johnno, but we not told that, maybe in the next ad.

Anto and Johnno aren't that ****ing stupid, more like Dekko and Ianzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lets talk about brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Quote devil ad - "We also do young drivers insurance, but you're not going to get that for €250" ugh makes my f***ing blood boil.

All their ads are actually a disgrace to mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Quote devil ad - "We also do young drivers insurance, but you're not going to get that for €250" ugh makes my f***ing blood boil.

All their ads are actually a disgrace to mankind.

Who is the slimy, slick arsehole in those ads. He acts as though people should know who he is. I don't trust him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Who is the slimy, slick arsehole in those ads. He acts as though people should know who he is. I don't trust him anyway.

Is this him: John McGuire?

http://www.nkmanagement.ie/noel-kelly-portfolio/23-john-mc-guire-tv-presenter-radio-presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

bobdcow wrote: »
    That's him. What you just linked confirmed him to be exactly the kind if Celtic tiger spanner I would have expected him to be. Sounds like something he wrote himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That nicorette ad with the smug bollocks running the race. Also the coors ad where the two idiots dig their way through the snow to the back door of the pub. They are the ads that are annoying me greatly on just the last ad break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bruno Mars Toyota Yards ad!!! 😒

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'Rachel is moving in....oh we will have secrets and dares'...

What age are you, eight!?
    Jesus wept. That Bank of Ireland ad is sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'Rachel is moving in....oh we will have secrets and dares'...

What age are you, eight!?
    Jesus wept. That Bank of Ireland ad is sh1t.
    It is spectacularly annoying, in fairness.

Which is probably the whole point, but still.

Very, very irritating.

I'm also killed trying to figure out why she looks so familiar and where do I know her from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

The macdonalds ads with the farmer bringing the wife for a floppy pedigree chum burger after a spot of fencing and a drive on his Massey. They know their farmers by name say they. They and the processers they buy from are robbing rual economies.

efb wrote: »
    Bruno Mars Toyota Yards ad!!! 😒

That is woejus. Put you off ever looking at a Toyota.

That's him. What you just linked confirmed him to be exactly the kind if Celtic tiger spanner I would have expected him to be. Sounds like something he wrote himself.

He's got a face thats just crying out to be punched.

john%20mcguire%20opt.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

What the hell is it that ad for with the bespectacled geek-chic wan who has her own floating head appearing to her?Half saw it on the telly with the sound down while I was in the middle of doing something earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

What the hell is it that ad for with the bespectacled geek-chic wan who has her own floating head appearing to her?Half saw it on the telly with the sound down while I was in the middle of doing something earlier.

Bórd Gáis Energy.

Apparently,when she's not worryin about her energy bills,she's wondering ".....are Danishes actually Danish??"......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Seasan wrote: »
    Bórd Gáis Energy.

Apparently,when she's not worryin about her energy bills,she's wondering ".....are Danishes actually Danish??"......

Hate that ad so much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Seasan wrote: »
    Bórd Gáis Energy.

Does every ad nowadays require an empty, meaningless hipster aesthetic?

Glasses-check.

Cake-check.

Sound effect from the Bionic Man (I think)-check.

Orla Kiely tweeness-check.

• Advertisement

EBS ad with Mrs Middle Class and her washing machine. If it's on the middle of the floor, how come there's water everywhere? Lookit, woman, disconnect the yoke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement