Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

madmaggie wrote: »
    EBS ad with Mrs Middle Class and her washing machine. If it's on the middle of the floor, how come there's water everywhere? Lookit, woman, disconnect the yoke.

Ah, I like that ad, guy in it is hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Very annoying trend in car ads in the last few years is featuring people"singing" along to popular songs as they drive.That current one set in Prague,the one from a while back with the guy making weird noises to Zombie by The Cranberries and the one that I think sparked it off featuring various tossers rendition of Wonderful World.Enough FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

darkdubh wrote: »
    Very annoying trend in car ads in the last few years is featuring people"singing" along to popular songs as they drive.That current one set in Prague,the one from a while back with the guy making weird noises to Zombie by The Cranberries and the one that I think sparked it off featuring various tossers rendition of Wonderful World.Enough FFS!

Yeah... and you forgot the worst one of all... the Kia ad with the tossers singing a pale cover version of "Ever Fallen In Love With Someone" by the Buzzcocks (I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have to change the radio whenever "Cos you make me feeeel like, I been locked out of heaaaaaven..." comes on because of whatever ad its been sang in. Car ads are always brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The Lucozade one! Sounds even more boring on radio as much as it does on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Thargor wrote: »
    I have to change the radio whenever "Cos you make me feeeel like, I been locked out of heaaaaaven..." comes on because of whatever ad its been sang in. Car ads are always brutal.

And utterly unrealistic with empty city streets aplenty to whizz about in.

A nose to tail 90 minute commute as you survey the acres of grey plastic interior that matches the grey weather outside while some inane sh*tclown yaks on and on at you from the radio depresses you as you think about how he's making more than you'll ever earn just for sitting on his bum while you're not getting paid until you get to your desk. And now that smug f**ker in the Audi has cut you up. None of which will be appearing in any car adverts anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ca Plane Pour Moi :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Allyall wrote: »
    Ca Plane Pour Moi :mad::mad:

****ing Vodafone strikes again. Your post stuck that in my head again, until just now.

Now, my heart goes boom boom boom.

Seriously what's the ****ing craic with that Diet Coke ad with the stick insect who keeps multiplying like a virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Agreed, now if only he'd show us those swimming trunks.;)

:eek:Mo bleedin Farrah on that ad for Quorn.

Such terrific acting and dialogue!

You could cut the awkwardness with a knife. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Do VHI specifically seek out people with whingey voices to do their awfu ads?

Hyundai ad, la la lala, lala, la. Does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The Tayto one with Mr Tayto saving everyone's blushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Muller ad with the singing bear. Which is a shame because as sugary snacks go I quite like the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here. I actually worked with few guys just like him in the boom years.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

That add with the add with the yogurt on stick and Bigfoot playing music. Bloody terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Quote devil dot-oi-ee, for one hell of a quote - do i need to explain

Get five gigs of data for 10 euro of your 20 euro top up - nah vodafone, how about just include it in the deal like every other network ye stingy cúnts..

That mcdonnells curry ad too, who refers to curry chips as "chips curry"? - the way it's phrased sounds so american

The ad for one of the banks about "brave being getting up while it's still dark" - whoever came up with that narrative needs to call it a day, and the woman sounds like a pixie or something to that effect.

Yeah that Vodafone ad is so annoying, Ive been on unlimited 4G internet for ages with Three and they arent nicking half my €20 for the hell of it. 5GB is pathetic, wouldn't last me 24 hours these days. Stupid ad anyway, 5GB could even get you here and they show him at some kind of dance class in a community centre, wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The tayto ad is a bit weird alright. The car insurance ads are a bit annoying. I could do a list a few other ads that are irritating alright but there are a couple of good ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Quote devil dot-oi-ee, for one hell of a quote - do i need to explain

Get five gigs of data for 10 euro of your 20 euro top up - nah vodafone, how about just include it in the deal like every other network ye stingy cúnts..

That mcdonnells curry ad too, who refers to curry chips as "chips curry"? - the way it's phrased sounds so american

The ad for one of the banks about "brave being getting up while it's still dark" - whoever came up with that narrative needs to call it a day, and the woman sounds like a pixie or something to that effect.

Is it yer wan who was in Pure Mule and Raw doing it?Sounds very familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

The "its for women" car insurance add with Katie Taylor. Its misandarist, spurious nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I8A4RE wrote: »
    The "its for women" car insurance add with Katie Taylor. Its misandarist, spurious nonsense.

I am a woman and those ads, and that company, make me cringe. Remember all the fuss about Yorkie and "it's not for girls"? I don't see how this is any different.

Even if they were the cheapest I wouldn't use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bloody Martin King promoting Cadburys Chocolate on Tv3 :mad:

I hate him more now.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.1098&article=160672

The Avonmore milk ad with the happy bouncy family. Jeez, what are they giving the cows these days?

I8A4RE wrote: »

Yea I absolutely hate that.

But I have to say I really enjoy the Chill one where the two women are clattering each other with the handbags over who's going to pay for the food. Reminds me a lot of me and my pals!! Someone always insists on paying for everyone, then the next time we're out we all want to repay the favour and so it goes on :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Birdseye ad where you only see the family's hands . Dad says something like ''I'm old school I use my hands'' or something when offered a wrap :mad:

The Birds Eye ads with "Family Banter" where it sounds like each individual family member recorded their lines in a different recording studio on a different day...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 andycahill

The muller rice ads with that annoying bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

darkdubh wrote: »
    [/B]

Is it yer wan who was in Pure Mule and Raw doing it?Sounds very familiar.

Nah, she was Jessica Hyde in 'Utopia', Fiona O'Shaughnessy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

the mother in the pre pay power ad . swear to god I start shaking when I see her . with her huge mouth and big long bony hands .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement