Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

the mother in the pre pay power ad . swear to god I start shaking when I see her . with her huge mouth and big long bony hands .

Yeah it's creepy. She has this weird look on her face at the end of her "speech" that is probably meant to look like self-satisfied accomplishment, but just looks like a smile of murderous insanity straight out of your worst nightmares. Which probably explains the reaction of the father and kid at the end when she emerges from her vivid, crazed hallucination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

the mother in the pre pay power ad . swear to god I start shaking when I see her . with her huge mouth and big long bony hands .

I was in a drama class with her years ago,nice looking girl but shes gotten really thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

calex71 wrote: »
    Birdseye ad where you only see the family's hands . Dad says something like ''I'm old school I use my hands'' or something when offered a wrap :mad:

How can something be tastier in a tasteless wrap:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

I know we're mainly concentrating on TV ads here, but there's one ad that I particularly hate above all others right now and that's the Westend Barbers ad on the radio. You know the one: 'Will the real Slim SHAVEY please stand up?'

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

The Okay Google ad with the stupid hipster and the stupider french woman. He says ragu de boeufe and she has some kind of fit. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

GaryTLynch wrote: »
    I know we're mainly concentrating on TV ads here, but there's one ad that I particularly hate above all others right now and that's the Westend Barbers ad on the radio. You know the one: 'Will the real Slim SHAVEY please stand up?'

How about "Welcome to mega burger..."

• Registered Users Posts: 45 andycahill

GaryTLynch wrote: »

I totally agree with you, it drives me mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

The ad for the pure baby wipes is a bit weird, since when could baby wipes ever wipe off crayon on walls?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

A_smurf wrote: »
    The ad for the pure baby wipes is a bit weird, since when could baby wipes ever wipe off crayon on walls?! :P

If those baby wipes can remove wax crayon off walls, I would not suggest using them on a baby's delicate bottom.l:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 andycahill

The haribo ad with the adults that all have kids voices

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The self-congratulatory tone of that new Coke ad makes me want to puke, especially given how shady as f*ck as that company is.

Those 11850 ads there like 2 euro a minute no ? Just google the number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

RosieJoe wrote: »
    How about "Welcome to mega burger..."

Ha ha! Don't get me started on that one. It does a better job advertising the fictional Mega Burger than the Skoda. The Mega Burger lad sounds like he's sarcastically mocking the car when it pulls up. Then again, maybe they're just being brutally honest about their product: Drive a Skoda and even teenagers working at the drive-thru will make fun of you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new gillette ad advertising the little ball and its intro about how you have to twist you face to get a close shave as if it was some sort of mystery and a great struggle as well.

Also they really should admit that they came up with this idea only after they saw the adds for the dyson vacuum cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

ivytwine wrote: »
    I am a woman and those ads, and that company, make me cringe. Remember all the fuss about Yorkie and "it's not for girls"? I don't see how this is any different.

Even if they were the cheapest I wouldn't use them!

What is that joke about parallel parking anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

Birdseye ad where you only see the family's hands . Dad says something like ''I'm old school I use my hands'' or something when offered a wrap :mad:

Why don't we see the family? It alienates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

The new gillette ad advertising the little ball and its intro about how you have to twist you face to get a close shave as if it was some sort of mystery and a great struggle as well.

Also they really should admit that they came up with this idea only after they saw the adds for the dyson vacuum cleaner.

This after years of of ads where men charged about their face with a razor like a kid with a toy racing car. Now apparently nobody shaves like that at all. Who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

This after years of of ads where men charged about their face with a razor like a kid with a toy racing car. Now apparently nobody shaves like that at all. Who knew?

They'll add another axis in a couple of years and then this one will have been awful all along. Sane as one one blade was plenty, then two, then the mach 3, then Wilkinson sword needed four, now if you don't have five you might as well be a homeless lumberjack.

Saw the most stupid ad in years earlier,think its for Gillette.Guy is waiting to go into a job interview and when he spots the pics of the baldy interviwee on the wall gos and shaves his head and beard.Boss is so impressed by this grinning cue ball head that he hires him on the spot over all the other losers who have the nerve to have hair.None of this is presented with the slightest hint of irony.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Terrible ad.The familys "banter" is so stilted and forced sounding that you almost expect canned laughter and a drum roll after each "joke".And theres something mildly creepy about the fact that you can only see their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How many more drops can PhoneWatch milk out of this advert?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the time they finally consign it to history, it'll probably be as shrivelled as an old cat's bottom... :o:o:o:D:D

Elaine still looks good, though. Here's her Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/elaine.hearty.5?fref=ts
    To be fair though the ad is accurate in that if you do have a break in, you would have time to get back and bring half the neighbourhood into your home as well as the operator before the Guards would show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sorry if it's been said before, but I cannot stand the advert with the two lads talking to eachother on the train with their eyes closed. Half the conversation doesnt make sense anyway!

What were Iarnrod Éireann thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been said before, but I cannot stand the advert with the two lads talking to eachother on the train with their eyes closed. Half the conversation doesnt make sense anyway!

When was the last good Iarnrod Éireann ad, anyway? ;)

Here's one from nearly ten years ago now, featuring a certain Mr C Doyle... :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I remember a Bus Eireann ad from years back with the jingle "Bus Eireann, we're going your way", I wonder why they dropped it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

AIB GAA Club championships

*big mullah voice* I am 100% we are going to win, I am 100%. I want to go to Croke Park on St Patrick's day"

Seriously is that the kind of "inspiration" that goes on in dressing rooms at half time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

That ad Ah it's on the radio about a holiday in Dubai and beachside meal . Vomitable.
    I.m waiting for severe global warming, massive increase in sea levels

amdublin wrote: »
    AIB GAA Club championships

*big mullah voice* I am 100% we are going to win, I am 100%. I want to go to Croke Park on St Patrick's day"

Seriously is that the kind of "inspiration" that goes on in dressing rooms at half time :confused:

I ****ing hate that ad :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Carnacalla wrote: »

Same here. I think I posted about it previously.
    All it makes me think of is that they have been overcome by fumes of some sort :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement