Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Homophobic much?

He has a slightly gay voice, but it doesn't mean he is gay.

They could have lost the -"who's winning? It doesn't matter"

They really should change that, phobia means a fear of.....
    I'm not afraid of gays......but if I saw a huge one crawling around me bathtub I'd scream. Hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Well I'm gay so that's bollocks. My gaydar spikes when i see that ad, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    Well I'm gay so that's bollocks. My gaydar spikes when i see that ad, just saying.

You're gay, so he must be gay? Well, I'm straight, and my straydar spikes when I see the ad. that's all I'm saying.

I'm getting reeeaallly tired of that "these are a few of my favourite things" one - I think it's Aldi :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The new McDonalds one with the old man and the young lad that has the slogan -"We both have McDonalds in common" is really creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Aldi "These are my favourite things..." Easter advert, it was ok the first day where it was on about 20 times but it is now getting to overload, seems to be on every single ad break both UK and Ireland, they seem to have an infinite marketing budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That feckin UPC My Prime ad :mad:

How many times a day and on how many channels are they showing it?

Feels like every time I turn on the bloody TV it's on. And it goes on for AGES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Homophobic much?

He has a slightly gay voice, but it doesn't mean he is gay.

They could have lost the -"who's winning? It doesn't matter"

What's homophobic about what he said?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Perhaps we should leave the pro/anti PC outside this thread and concentrate on the one thing we all agree on - the current Birds Eye adverts are truly mind-cringlely awful.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

That new Burgerking ad where they badly dubbed a Dublin accent over that guy asking people questions then they have the black lad with an English accent going "Oi,what are you two doing?".Why did they bother dubbing the other fella and just leave it as it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

That razor ad with the cocky cockend who spots that the vainglorious boss is a slaphead so shaves his head to make himself the most convincing baldy in the world. Right, I *really* admire a cheating sh*tbag who desperately wants to work for an egotistic douchepuss who'll hire the likes of you merely on whim. I *really* want to entrust my future career to a company run on those lines. Odds on, the industry watchdog, fraud squad and Interpol will be on their case within eighteen months for God only knows what sort of irregularities they've been doing and you won't ever work in that industry again when they see that company on your CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The Cow and Gate Baby formula ad with the evil looking two toothed baby at the end and his evil laugh, freaks me out everytime it comes on the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That razor ad with the cocky cockend who spots that the vainglorious boss is a slaphead so shaves his head to make himself the most convincing baldy in the world. Right, I *really* admire a cheating sh*tbag who desperately wants to work for an egotistic douchepuss who'll hire the likes of you merely on whim. I *really* want to entrust my future career to a company run on those lines. Odds on, the industry watchdog, fraud squad and Interpol will be on their case within eighteen months for God only knows what sort of irregularities they've been doing and you won't ever work in that industry again when they see that company on your CV.

This is some top quality ranting. I agree, actually, the guy in the ad, and the people he is seeking to impress, seem like such entitled tossers that it's beyond me why they think we would want to identify with them. I think it's because marketing people are such complete tools themselves, and they think people actually want to be like them. (I especially like that your rant is directed against a fictional company that we aren't even aware what they do)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

AIB - Doing is done with waiting.
    What? Even worse than when your wan was wittering on about 'brave is...'

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

This is some top quality ranting. I agree, actually, the guy in the ad, and the people he is seeking to impress, seem like such entitled tossers that it's beyond me why they think we would want to identify with them. I think it's because marketing people are such complete tools themselves, and they think people actually want to be like them. (I especially like that your rant is directed against a fictional company that we aren't even aware what they do)

I forgot to add the way the receptionist gives the cocky cockend the glad eye in a "You're on my 'Would' list already you cheek boy!" manner. Shows you the professionalism on offer in that company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The whole ridiculous thing is done with a complete lack of irony,I bet it was produced in Germany or Eastern Europe.

darkdubh wrote: »
    The whole ridiculous thing is done with a complete lack of irony,I bet it was produced in Germany or Eastern Europe.

I love the German ads and their incredibly dry humour.

I love the German ads and their incredibly dry humour.
    Yea - except the ones for the cars with that smug-faced Claudia what's her name.

The Tayto advert with the supposedly prudish but actually really very creepy Mr Tayto....

It's just an advert man. Breathe! Haha

• Advertisement

The Cow and Gate Baby formula ad with the evil looking two toothed baby at the end and his evil laugh, freaks me out everytime it comes on the TV!

He doesn't care for cow and gate....he wants boobs. *Cue evil laugh* 'they're my titties now daddy, mine'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mustard. The family are having a last meal before the son goes to college but they are eating in almost total darkness:confused: when the father dumps a HUGE spoon of mustard on the boys plate its a suprise he didn't give him honey or something by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

That formula advert which suggests your child will be a mathematician or mountaineer if you feed them it, instead of being an overweight dole artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Who is Rachel, the annoying girlfriend, in bank of Ireland mortgage add. So very annoying but looks very familar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Who is Rachel, the annoying girlfriend, in bank of Ireland mortgage add. So very annoying but looks very familar

No idea, but I went to see who you were talking about, and it brought me to BOI youtube channel.
    There is a load with "junk Kouture" in the title. Curious, I clicked one of them..
    :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Who the F*** is 'Glenda Gilson' and why do they all scream like lunatics when she walks in?
    I thought it was a further education establishment (Like Colaiste Dhulaigh), which would have made it a lot worse, had they been 20+ ...

This birds eye one boils my blood.

Its some sort of fish, and the people meant to be eating it are like -"Take a picture, post it online" "everyone will be coming over hear for dinner' " well they can queue outside the door" "loud laughter"

What's so funny about that? What kind of sad people made these ads and think that's funny?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This birds eye one boils my blood.

Its some sort of fish, and the people meant to be eating it are like -"Take a picture, post it online" "everyone will be coming over hear for dinner' " well they can queue outside the door" "loud laughter"

What's so funny about that? What kind of sad people made these ads and think that's funny?!?

I hate that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

"I've been looking for hotel deals."

Nope, still never going to use your site, probably even more so now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yeah oddly enough I like it too. They very quickly establish very clear characters and circumstances. The weird guy comes in, asks who's winning, then just says "doesn't matter" and we already know he's barely tolerated in the house (hence the two lads look optimistic at first that he might be moving out). The two other guys are obviously friends, but one of them is well off (suit, ability to get a mortgage) while the other (casual clothes, look of panic when his mate goes straight looking for a mortgage leaving him on his own). I dunno why, there's something relatively 3 dimensional about it.

I've thought too much about it, haven't I?

I watch this ad now just to see the piece I've bolded above :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Don't hate me... but I can't stand that RSA ad with that surgeon going through all the injuries he has to deal with. Can't put my finger on it exactly and I'm sure he does amazing work...but I hate his stupid smarmy head!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement