Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Nescafe Dolce Gusto one, with the talking sculptures/works of art. If the telly wasn't mounted on the wall, it'd be in grave danger of going out through the window when that comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Lidl restaurant ad really grinds my gears. If those middle class bellends were told they were eating Lidl produce at a fancy restaurant they would probably puke it up on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

There's one on UK TV from time to time I find it almost slightly disturbing. It's about some old goat that's trying to get you to be her friend. Apparently she's suffering from dementia and she's trying to sell to you the idea of befriending someone like her with dementia. As if your life wouldn't be complete if you didn't' have someone with a long term illness in your life. The add goes on with a collage of TV game/chat show personalities such as Paul o'Grady and Amanda Holden etc rocking back an forth to the tune "i'll get by with a little help with my friends" as if they were singing to a group of people with the mental age of 4. They all look really awkward as they sit in their own homes standing in front of a tv camera acting like a muppet. The add winds up with the old goat wearing here best cardie saying thank you and pointing to a web link where you can rush off to sign up to get your get your free dementia friend. I wonder did a single person go to that web site. And before anyone says I'm making fun of people with dementia I'm not. I'm making fun of the add.

Oh and there's also an add I don't recall what it's for , maybe Guinness, where there is a football manager going mental in a locker room giving a motivation speech to the team before they go out on the pitch. He's spitting , roaring and slurring his words in his attempt to show his 'passion for the game'. Utterly pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Allyall wrote: »
    No idea, but I went to see who you were talking about, and it brought me to BOI youtube channel.
    There is a load with "junk Kouture" in the title. Curious, I clicked one of them..
    :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Who the F*** is 'Glenda Gilson' and why do they all scream like lunatics when she walks in?
    I thought it was a further education establishment (Like Colaiste Dhulaigh), which would have made it a lot worse, had they been 20+ ...

"Famous" for going out with Brian O Driscoll years ago and being one of these Irish model types that the Sindo are always treating like megastars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

darkdubh wrote: »
    "Famous" for going out with Brian O Driscoll years ago and being one of these Irish model types that the Sindo are always treating like megastars.

And she still hosts that show on TV3 whose name begins with 'X'... :D;)

Went on to Heineken Ireland's YouTube channel and came across this.

How the hell does this woman do it?! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If Lord Alan, Margaret and Nick haven't been paying attention to what she has been doing in the years since she was on their show, then I sure would like them to... :o:o:o;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Who is Rachel, the annoying girlfriend, in bank of Ireland mortgage add. So very annoying but looks very familar

I actually like that ad bit different than the usual,she does look familiar though.

And she still hosts that show on TV3 whose name begins with 'X'... :D;)

Went on to Heineken Ireland's YouTube channel and came across this.

How the hell does this woman do it?! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If Lord Alan, Margaret and Nick haven't been paying attention to what she has been doing in the years since she was on their show, then I sure would like them to... :o:o:o;)

Jennifer Maguires talent?A misnomer surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Every ad for every online gaming/gambling site EVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you don't press play, and just look.....

I better add to that.

Is it just me, or does she look real old? (I have no idea what age she is, but I would've put her in her 30's before I saw that.)

Allyall wrote: »
    If you don't press play, and just look.....

I better add to that.

Is it just me, or does she look real old? (I have no idea what age she is, but I would've put her in her 30's before I saw that.)

Yeah,it certainly does not capture her at her most flattering looking.If I had never heard of her and was to guess her age from that still I'd say well over forty.I think shes 35 ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ugh, I can't stand the ad for the Jeep Renegade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hate that ad for The Plow King. I much prefer Mr Plow, that name again is Mr Plow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hate that ad for The Plow King. I much prefer Mr Plow, that name again is Mr Plow.

Mr Plow is a loser and I think he is a boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Don't hate me... but I can't stand that RSA ad with that surgeon going through all the injuries he has to deal with. Can't put my finger on it exactly and I'm sure he does amazing work...but I hate his stupid smarmy head!

haha I always laugh at that ad. I know its a serious ad and is supposed to be hard hitting but it makes me laugh as there is something very sinister about the surgeon who almost seems to take joy at seeing mangled bodies coming into his A&E. The bit where he warns us against wearing a seatbelt under your arm because "the seatbelt will have lacerated your vital organs, going through them like cheeswire" always gets a belly laugh from me; he says it in such a creepy voice that it almost seems like he gets a perverse kick out of seeing someone come in with a seatbelt embedded in their lungs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Guinness ad advertisng this Hophouse 13 lager.

The complete sh1te they go on with in all of their ads that somehow whatever alcoholic drink you like defines you as a person and that drinking Guinness shows you have real character is just nauseating.

The fact that they try to pretend that they got a load of people off the streets who amazingly all happen to be quite young good looking and stylishly dressed to head up to the Guinness factory and taste this stuff instead of a bunch of wino's who are really he only people who would drop everything in their lives and head to St James Gate for a tasting of new beer (did these people not have anything else to do while they were in Dublin that day) really pisses me off.

I'd be quite happy if Guinness (apart from the loss of jobs) went out of Business so I don't have to endure their pretentious ads anymore.

Yer man who does the voicover is getting close to being as annoying as yer one on the AI "brave" ad.

I hope who ever buys any Guiness on the basis of there ads get a most desperate hangover from the stuff. Thats all they ****ing deserve for being so thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That ad with all the babies laughing is beginning to haunt me - it'll be giving me nightmares soon.

I have no idea what it's for. Of all of the ads that have me reaching for the remote, that one has me absolutely kamikaze diving for it.

I know we're all meant to be hardwired to love cutesy lovely laughing gurgly babies - but I clearly missed out on that gene and will do damage to my TV soon if it keeps being shown :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Ugh, I can't stand the ad for the Jeep Renegade.

I remember this ad being on during NFL Sunday on Sky Sports, the guy saying "I'm a renegade" just drove me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Money Supermarket - just ****ing die!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

The one with the woman saying "secrets and dares" with the excited voice, a bundle of dub yank wannabees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

That mother nature bitch and her 'Gift'

Horrible Joan Burton head on her.

Or that Dating advert where the Blondie one is jumping around fist pumping cause she got a date....
    Hate that dope.

Anyone remember the save the donkeys advert. Cracked me up.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Money Supermarket - just ****ing die!

That ad turns my stomach.Wouldn't mind if they just dressed yer man up as a woman and had him doing an unconvincing drag act but they seem to have transplanted his torso onto a womans lower body through CGI and the result is like something out of a horror film.And it seems to go on for fecking ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

The complete sh1te they go on with in all of their ads that somehow whatever alcoholic drink you like defines you as a person and that drinking Guinness shows you have real character is just nauseating.

The fact that they try to pretend that they got a load of people off the streets who amazingly all happen to be quite young good looking and stylishly dressed to head up to the Guinness factory and taste this stuff instead of a bunch of wino's who are really he only people who would drop everything in their lives and head to St James Gate for a tasting of new beer (did these people not have anything else to do while they were in Dublin that day) really pisses me off.

I'd be quite happy if Guinness (apart from the loss of jobs) went out of Business so I don't have to endure their pretentious ads anymore.

Yer man who does the voicover is getting close to being as annoying as yer one on the AI "brave" ad.

I hope who ever buys any Guiness on the basis of there ads get a most desperate hangover from the stuff. Thats all they ****ing deserve for being so thick.

And what about that one with the Jamaicans dressed up in their 'smart' clothes. There so poor that they don't realize that it not the same their smart clothes are cheap. Well that's a general Jamaican trait anyway as depicted by Patrick Trueman character in Eastenders. You know his waistcoat only cost 6 pounds from some grotty eastend market. And then they prance around in the middle of the day thinking their the sh*t cause of the look when they just look like the poor immigrants that they are. <kisses lips>.

x9klupubjtdjzo5yaabm.jpeg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

colossus-x wrote: »
    And what about that one with the Jamaicans dressed up in their 'smart' clothes. There so poor that they don't realize that it not the same their smart clothes are cheap. Well that's a general Jamaican trait anyway as depicted by Patrick Trueman character in Eastenders. You know his waistcoat only cost 6 pounds from some grotty eastend market. And then they prance around in the middle of the day thinking their the sh*t cause of the look when they just look like the poor immigrants that they are. <kisses lips>.

x9klupubjtdjzo5yaabm.jpeg

If its the same ad I think youre talking about theyre not Jamaican,theyre these guys in The Congo in Central Africa who are part of a kind of sub culture that involves dressing up as "gentlemen" and strutting their stuff.Anyway,regardless of where theyre from I don't see what any of it has to do with Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Don't hate me... but I can't stand that RSA ad with that surgeon going through all the injuries he has to deal with. Can't put my finger on it exactly and I'm sure he does amazing work...but I hate his stupid smarmy head!

Same here! The smugness of that guy gets to me. Definitely, my least favourite ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Ad on Radio Nova for Kilruddery House and Gardens, which says you can get there by Luas. Nearest Luas stop is over 12km away. It's actually closer to the city centre than it is to the House! Really need to think things through when putting an ad together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

"Dave dahling, you're SOOOO money supermarket" What has she done to her face!!

That lidl ad, eating all that cheese and ice cream, someone will be pebble dashing the toilet at 3 in the morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Same here! The smugness of that guy gets to me. Definitely, my least favourite ad.

All the RSA ads get to me. Its like they try and make the people that have had accidents feel ashamed and stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

colossus-x wrote: »
    Well that's a general Jamaican trait anyway as depicted by Patrick Trueman character in Eastenders.

Rudolph Walker is Trinidadian. Just saying. :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Nothing is so far up its own hole than guiness ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Lager brewed by a bunch of hipster tossers? No thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement