Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Aldi ad with the woman on the phone saying "bye bye bye bye bye bye bye" a few times before ending the call. It's not funny at all.

denlaw wrote: »
    those axa red line clowns and the new git next door, he apparently volunteers at the weekend...i'd wager he's a 128 bit security on HIS HDD

What an absolute slut the wife is. Blatantly has the tongue out at the douche of a neighbour in her husbands presence. Id be telling her fúck off and live with 'Len' if he is so great.

Hippo wrote: »
    Lager brewed by a bunch of hipster tossers? No thanks.

Its a nice beer to be honest. Wasnt swayed by the ad but always like to try something new.

nicelives wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of that actress and is it the same one as the girl off the Barry's tea ad about a year ago or even the Axa red line ad at the moment? Where do I find these things out?

Thanks ;-)

Try imdb for Bachelors Walk cast. Think she played a love interest of the Barry character in that during the last series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Don't hate me... but I can't stand that RSA ad with that surgeon going through all the injuries he has to deal with. Can't put my finger on it exactly and I'm sure he does amazing work...but I hate his stupid smarmy head!
    He's no more a surgeon than I am, more than likely he's only an actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sorry, Sam Kade, I saw him being interviewed onetime about road safety, can't remember the programme, but he is a real doctor.

Sam Kade wrote: »

Like the guy in the white coat advertising toothpaste who begins with "I'm not a dentist but...."

and theres another one on now which begins with "I'm a professor... " but doesn't say what of.

In my experience a good 20% of retired university professors are absolute crackpots, whose advice in any area is not to be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Like the guy in the white coat advertising toothpaste who begins with "I'm not a dentist but...."

and theres another one on now which begins with "I'm a professor... " but doesn't say what of.

In my experience a good 20% of retired university professors are absolute crackpots, whose advice in any area is not to be trusted.

Are you a real doctor yourself? Or just Mr Donkey?

Are you a real doctor yourself? Or just Mr Donkey?

Ah, but am I a real donkey? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

madmaggie wrote: »
    Sorry, Sam Kade, I saw him being interviewed onetime about road safety, can't remember the programme, but he is a real doctor.

No need to be sorry, the majority of ads with doctors and dentists are actors. Just because he was interviewed on road safety still isn't proof he's a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No need to be sorry, the majority of ads with doctors and dentists are actors. Just because he was interviewed on road safety still isn't proof he's a doctor.

In fairness though, he's not doing an ad for toothpaste. Those ads for road safety are selling a hard-hitting message about safety, in the same way as the anti-smoking ads for example do. The whole philosophy is to impart a stark message, which is why real people are used.

I have no idea whether he's actually a doctor, but I'd be prepared to bet a large sum of money that he is, given the type of ad and how he's dressed. They don't use actors for the parents of victims or the victims themselves, so I doubt they would do so for doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Thargor wrote: »
    I friggin hate that ad! She looks so gormless...

Also "Ive kissed for peace" and it shows a load of hippies drinking coke at a protest, I think they need to take a look at some of coca colas activities in South America and other deprived regions there :mad:

I agree, I also think it's a bit creepy of her now fiancé staring right at her as she downs the cola with his arm around her at the same time, it's like he's saying 'I got you now, and you are never getting away from me, your' mine and your getting it tonight'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Cortana ad with those smarmy English gits. I've since discovered they're a real band and won a Grammy but no ad has ever made me more likely to avoid a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Try imdb for Bachelors Walk cast. Think she played a love interest of the Barry character in that during the last series.

Wasn't she also in that show Hex ?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm273252608/tt0423668?ref_=tt_pv_md_1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He's a real doctor. I've met him

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

He's a real doctor. I've met him

Did he sew back on your severed arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

I was spinning down the road half dead when I saw him. 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/3/hospitals/lgh/Information/GP_Information/

That lotto ad with the woman calling her boss from a sunshine holiday to say she wont be in because of "woman problems" and he almost dies while telling her to take all of the time she needs.

Surely I can't be the only one that this piss poor attempt at humour annoys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The ad with Katie Taylor in it advertising car insurance for women. She looks like she just took something before they filmed,she's that zoned out,on second thoughts,it's not that it's just that she is just a dry ****e and has the personality of a potato.

She sounds like she's had too many punches to the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

lertsnim wrote: »
    She sounds like she's had too many punches to the head.

I was going to she's sounds punch drunk in the ad,but then I,remembered that she wears a head guard so that couldn't be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Hate those Haribo ads that show a meeting of businessmen & women & than dub over the actors voices with childrens voices for some strange reason. Have to mute it when it comes on.
    A very disturbing & awful ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Bret Hart wrote: »
    The ad with Katie Taylor in it advertising car insurance for women. She looks like she just took something before they filmed,she's that zoned out,on second thoughts,it's not that it's just that she is just a dry ****e and has the personality of a potato.

Yeah I love ole Katie but Christ she looks like she had a mild stroke in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Hate those Haribo ads that show a meeting of businessmen & women & than dub over the actors voices with childrens voices for some strange reason. Have to mute it when it comes on.
    A very disturbing & awful ad.

Oh God yeah, for sure.

Surely I can't be the only one that this piss poor attempt at humour annoys.

Its not intended to be funny. Its socio-realistic commentary about the manipulation of sick leave provisions by a section of the workforce, who cannot be named.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Instead of some weak excuse why doesn't she just quit her job, unless she's won f*ck all in relative terms, she's going have to ring him again and come up with another stupid excuse

I may be overthinking some silly ad but there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Instead of some weak excuse why doesn't she just quit her job, unless she's won f*ck all in relative terms, she's going have to ring him again and come up with another stupid excuse

I may be overthinking some silly ad but there you go

I had the same problem before with this ad, that surely if she won then she'd be quitting, isn't that the fantasy people have about winning the lottery?! But someone noted this is part if that awful series of ads. She hasn't won, she's one of the parasites the guy who won brought with him on holidays, the same people who are spending his winnings on antiques and **** in another ad.

Which is also a terrible ad: hey, win the lotto then hand over your winnings to the most feckless, deceptive, stupid ***** you've ever barely known, good knows these leeches will be scraping at your back for the rest of your life, might as well indulge them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Aldi ad with the woman on the phone saying "bye bye bye bye bye bye bye" a few times before ending the call. It's not funny at all.

Just saw this last night, and it is awful crap. Bring back the ones that used to annoy me before, e.g. the guy saying 'thirty euro a week, what's that in a year' ... almost seems like brilliant advertising :pac: compared to Aldi's present efforts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement