Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Just saw this last night, and it is awful crap. Bring back the ones that used to annoy me before, e.g. the guy saying 'thirty euro a week, what's that in a year' ... almost seems like brilliant advertising :pac: compared to Aldi's present efforts.
    AWFUL annoying ad :(!! But if it does anything to make the people who do this "bye bye bye bye" thing on the phone aware of how irritating they are, I could maybe tolerate it a bit. It's becoming a chronic condition in the last year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

inthehat wrote: »
    AWFUL annoying ad :(!! But if it does anything to make the people who do this "bye bye bye bye" thing on the phone aware of how irritating they are, I could maybe tolerate it a bit. It's becoming a chronic condition in the last year or two.

That is true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The bank add with the kids being thought programming (think its Barclays, not sure)

Newsflash: Entering one number isnt programming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The bank add with the kids being thought programming (think its Barclays, not sure)

Newsflash: Entering one number isnt programming

Shushhhhhhh do you want to get us all fired!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I had the same problem before with this ad, that surely if she won then she'd be quitting, isn't that the fantasy people have about winning the lottery?! But someone noted this is part if that awful series of ads. She hasn't won, she's one of the parasites the guy who won brought with him on holidays, the same people who are spending his winnings on antiques and **** in another ad.

Which is also a terrible ad: hey, win the lotto then hand over your winnings to the most feckless, deceptive, stupid ***** you've ever barely known, good knows these leeches will be scraping at your back for the rest of your life, might as well indulge them.

As if thats not bad enough everytime I walk into my local newsagent I'm confronted by the advert featuring that cretin making a cretin face surrounded by said leeches.Not the exact one as below but close.

home_nationallottery_lotto_2.jpg?fill=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

darkdubh wrote: »
    As if thats not bad enough everytime I walk into my local newsagent I'm confronted by the advert featuring that cretin making a cretin face surrounded by said leeches.Not the exact one as below but close.

home_nationallottery_lotto_2.jpg?fill=1

I presume the one you're talking about is the one where he's dressed as a sailor. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Radio ad but I am constantly hearing it when Im walking to work. 2 very dull people talking slowly about whether or not to eat pasta or curry, grind my teeth when I hear it.

I presume the one you're talking about is the one where he's dressed as a sailor. ;)

Yes!I have to overcome the urge to put my fist through his stupid face everytime I pop down for milk.

British Gas and their creepy and annoying drawings/animations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The Today FM ad with the Horse.

Who the **** came up with that idea, it makes absolutely no sense and I don't know what the point of it is.

Complete and utter horsesh1te is all it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

ewwww just caught the end of an alliance insurance add where I think its father and daughter sing Karma Chameleon out of tune together in their car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

The same ones irish water are heading towards?

That stupid fcuking tv and radio add for bord gais energy..."and now we're on"...fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

The GoCompare ad with the singing man with the tuxedo and moustache. What an annoying little bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

The GoCompare ad with the singing man with the tuxedo and moustache. What an annoying little bastard. Everytime I heard his voice on the ad, it made me more annoyed. They should have replaced that bollox of a man with a woman instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Calin plus yoghurt

Are you going climbing that mountain?

I dunno, my Ould bones aren't great, at least I ayte yoghurt with calcium in it
    That stuff doesn't have vitamin D, you may as well be having a twix. you'll probably perish up there
    Better not bother so.

The ones on Channel 4 between programmes?I hate them with their ugly CGI characters with huge heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

That damned car ad where The Jam's "That's Entertainment" song is murdered.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

damn man, are you board.ie's first ever poster or something? Didnt even think forums existed in the 90s.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

damn man, are you board.ie's first ever poster or something? Didnt even think forums existed in the 90s.....
    They did. And before that too but they were called BBSes then.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They did. And before that too but they were called BBSes then.

Regards...jmcc

And did you have to sign off on every post so people knew who was talking?

Yours in Christ... Realt Dearg Sec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't like those aldi ads because they have completely over egged the thing that is "so irish"

Alot of Irish girls do have a problem accepting compliments but they don't go on like that complete mentaller.

Then the "bye bye" one. Something I am guilty of myself I admit :) But they've gone way over board to the point that the woman is saying "baw-baw-baw-baw-baw-baweeee" i.e. not even bye.

The length of time the girl and the woman go on. It's really not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Regards...jmcc

Husband and I were just talking bout that last night.

It's supposed to be an angry song and they have some one softly singing it in a careless way that doesn't fit the meaning or tone of the song at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭LeBash

Trivago. Hands down winner. So much so that i know the name but refuse to even look let alone fund the convayor of crap ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Today FM ad with the Horse.

Who the **** came up with that idea, it makes absolutely no sense and I don't know what the point of it is.

Complete and utter horsesh1te is all it is.
    And it goes on forever aswell, we get the joke, no need for 5 different scenes explaining it...

Regards...thargor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What about the other UK energy company with their CGI flame ?

It's not translucent so it looks like a small pile of poo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Game of War is a 2013 game.

So how to revamp it ?

Late last year they spent spending 40 million on the ad campaign staring Kate Upton. Her character isn't even in the game.

It's one of those "free" games with in app purchases. They're making a million a day on consistent churn of new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I'm sure it's been said a hundred times but the coffee ad with George clooney, tis fairly cringe. Fair enough sandals can be odd but the look of the other guy when he sees George wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've just discovered Mecca Bingo's latest ad. It's fucking sad. The only sort of person who plays online bingo is a stay-at-home mum who thinks Loose Women is the height of comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

SuperValu ad with all the families in the kitchen. Waaaaaaaaaay too much false enthusiasm for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I've just discovered Mecca Bingo's latest ad. It's fucking sad. The only sort of person who plays online bingo is a stay-at-home mum who thinks Loose Women is the height of comedy.

gala la la,gala la la, wey hey hey bingo!

/gets shotgun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement