Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

+ 1 for Garmin.... It makes me change channel.

Nothing beats daft dave in his specs however.... I don't actually know what shop he represents.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Anyone else want to strangle the effin goat 'are we there yet' on the Bothar ad. which seems to be everywhere currently ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Maybe they should give a garmin to that freakin goat. might shut him up.

2 of the most annoying on the radio. And those ones for the Mespil...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

That one it's "Not made with wheat but oats instead a bix" Jeeeze it's so unreal
    Picture the scene -a couple sitting on a bench in a truck stop car park.

Big artic in garish colours half the size of Mt Leinster pulls in and a clean dapper intelligent lookin driver hops out.

Man on bench - Nigel - looks around "Wots that then ?" he says - At this stage I am roaring at the telly "Its a freekin lorry you freekin plonker - the size of a small mountain !!

Then lorry driver pollitely answers " It's not made with wheat....oats instead..a bix - an Nigel nods sagely as if that was OK

Then the woman - Vera - says " Why not call it Oatabix ?"

The two lads just look at one another.......

Just not believable - in real life lorry driver would clamber down from his cab looking like a distant relative to a rock ape - scratch his head and nutts not necessatily in that order - belch and then head down to the back of the vehicle to empty his bladder noisily against the offside rear wheel.

He would tell Nigel to Fcuk off in response to his "Wots this then" and the thought that a woman would know better than a whole marketing department
    is well just not believable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

That XBox 360 ad with the back of the head chopped off! Absolutely detest it. It's creepy too. Seems to be on every time ad breaks occur as well.

I agree, reminds of this cartoon i seen, animatrix i think, where in the future they cut the tops off peoples heads and poke around inside to test the emotions..freakie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Then lorry driver pollitely answers " It's not made with wheat....oats instead..a bix - an Nigel nods sagely as if that was OK
    The fact that you can quote the ad, and describe in great detail what happens means that the ad has worked.

Marketing People 1 - 0 Fulton Crown

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Any Paramount Comedy ad. Its surprising that people who supposedly work for a comedy station manage to be so utterly unfunny every... single... time. Also why do they flog that eejit Lee Evans so hard? He's just a screaming moran.

Actually while I'm on the subject, does anyone else hate those late night Shorts they do between programmes, usually involving some eejit with a duck? I think theres another one where the same fool thinks he's an ambassador or something - it's absolutely terrible anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Those "Moonpig" ads, where there's someone who sings Moooooonpig in slightly higher tone each time, UUUUUGGGGGGHHHH fcuking hate that fcuking ad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

The AIB ad with the girl from ... Terenure! ughh I hate it !!!

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

I despise any ad that makes men out to be abuse repositories for their overbearing, hormonal girlfriends.

(e.g. Old Meteor ad, current Buy and sell ad (radio))

Or maybe that's all Irish women in the eyes of the advertising industry, or maybe that's all Irish women!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its beginning to look a lot like christmas.

I think its for Asda supermarkets and its on every 5 mins on every channel and its doing my f***ing head in!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Those Corona cartoon ads that are really just pencil drawings of three guys in a bar saying stupid "jokes" to each other. I think they're used before and after certain programmes in Paramount. Really annoy me with their stupid, lame jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

shockwave wrote: »
    Its beginning to look a lot like christmas.

I think its for Asda supermarkets and its on every 5 mins on every channel and its doing my f***ing head in!!!:mad:

Change channel they don't advertise in the Republic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Oh, and that "Sponsored by Goodfellas" thing that appears at the start of ads for the Big Big Movie where some kid bellows out a mangled quote from a movie and gets his pizza stolen, followed by a presenter who happens to have the douchiest voice I've ever heard saying something like "Keeps everyone happy!" or "Keeps everyone busy!" or something. Makes me want to eat my own shoe every time I hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

XxlauraxX wrote: »
    The AIB ad with the girl from ... Terenure! ughh I hate

Laura

Words cannot describe my hatred towards that ad.

"I grew up in... TERENURE"
    "I got married in... TERENURE"
    "I gave birth in... TERENURE"

WELL, **** OFF TO TERENURE! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I think a phone call to Putin is in order. A tactical nuclear strike on Terenure is required.

Those Shell "real energy" ads. They're basically saying "we're running out of oil so we need to find more ways of destroying the planet." :rolleyes: They've some nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Surly Dublin ***** with a **** job in some fast food outlet to couple kissing
    "D'ye want condoms wi' tha'?"

Have you ever seen such a load of gawk in your whole life? :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The one with that fella tearing around with a shouting red head on a stick,think its for an internet search engine.The voice over is bloddy annoying too,bored sounding mid Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Surly Dublin ***** with a **** job in some fast food outlet to couple kissing
    "D'ye want condoms wi' tha'?"

Have you ever seen such a load of gawk in your whole life? :mad:

That's my local chipper and I can only think of condoms now when ordering my tasty snackbox

I'm so confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The Gamestop Christmas ad. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Those Corona cartoon ads that are really just pencil drawings of three guys in a bar saying stupid "jokes" to each other. I think they're used before and after certain programmes in Paramount. Really annoy me with their stupid, lame jokes.

Jesus wept ! If you're going to slag off an ad will you at least get the product right, its not Corona. Its Cobra beer.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Probably been mentioned already but the dairy milk ads with the gorilla.

Jesus do people actually enjoy these frickin things!?!?!??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

If I see one more ad with "the new fragrance" from lacost/xtina/kate moss/beckhams or gucci! :mad:

Armani: "Do you have the code?"

No, now f*ck off! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I GOT A NEW GAME *YEAH*
    IN MY STOCKING *YEAH*
    I HAVE THE BEST MOM *YEAH*

I hope whoever thought of that ad is unemployed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

what about the one with davina mc caul (AKA norman bates) advertising nutrisse or some hair product. Her mother is supposed to be in the room but you never see her face or speak. Likewise camera never shows davina when 'mother' speaks. Bit too bates motel for me. Davina is norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

BolBill wrote: »
    Jesus wept ! If you're going to slag off an ad will you at least get the product right, its not Corona. Its Cobra beer.

:rolleyes:

Doesn't that go some way to prove that 'cool' viral advertising doesn't necessarily always work?

Anyway, for my tuppence, the creator of the Garmin ad can go to hell and die, fwiw, and could Rté two PLEASE get someone else to voice their promos to compliment the one person who seems to do ALL of them?

I was watching 2 after midnight last night and that ubertwit from TTV was on 8 times in the ad breaks, voicing ads for the premiership, Die hard 3, christmas on 2 and some other selection of crap.

Has the recession hit so hard that the's the only one left who can read in Montrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Any ad that shows crap eating germs, intestinal tracts or bodily functions.

I swear those F'ers know everytime I sit down for something to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

I have completely ruled out ever betting on StanJames.com, simply because of those infuriatingly irritating sting ads they air during the football on Setanta.

"Remember '99. It's not over yet Stan".
    "Bet it is James".

Bet Paddy Power's marketing department are terrified at the prospect of trying to top that piece of wit and imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

I hate that Lenor Infusions ad with yer wan with d broken leg. Ungrateful cow d way she throws her eyes to heaven when d kids bring her stuff to cheer her up....I wanna punch her :mad:

Plus, I hate any ads bout crusty toenails!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement