Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

efb wrote: »
    Those Cadbury ads - but I love the chocolate

Manky chocolate, dreadful, dreadful ads.

As a rule, any ad with "zany" will force me to a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Amazingly, there are several ads for different soft drinks at the moment with taglines along the lines of "It's good to be you".

For a mass produced sugar drink, with hundreds of units in every fridge in every single convenience store.

It's good to be you, but that's utterly unrelated to our factory made water + syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Those injury lawyers for you ads and there like. They make out that they care about you and will fight tooth and nail, no win no fee ****e. When they are just adding to the sue and claim culture and we all end up paying for these parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

...or that Aldi ad with the woman prattling on about a dress ......terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Those injury lawyers for you ads and there like. They make out that they care about you and will fight tooth and nail, no win no fee ****e. When they are just adding to the sue and claim culture and we all end up paying for these parasites.

...except for this guy. He'll cut you a square deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Pay day loans. 237% apr. don't pay back within 30 days and we repossess your life and dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

That new Coca Cola kiss happiness ad where yer man is proposing to this lovely lady in an orange bikini etc. It's just annoyingly patronising and everyone is drinking the coke and being happy and the music wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Patti mayonnaise

The trivago ads. The one with that mangled couple who feel the need to brush their teeth whilst hugging. And when he carries her through the hotel...it looks like he's just drugged her and dragging her up to his room. And don't get me started on that stupid bun on top of his head. Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

The trivago ads. The one with that mangled couple who feel the need to brush their teeth whilst hugging. And when he carries her through the hotel...it looks like he's just drugged her and dragging her up to his room. And don't get me started on that stupid bun on top of his head. Ridiculous carry on.

I said that to the wife when I first seen it, looks he he roofed her. Creepy as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Day 2, just nipped out for a cheeky volvic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Yea I know what you mean lol
    Making it look like everyone actually celebrates around a bottle of coke.. or pringles!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The meercat "simples" ads.I don't even know what the feck theyre for I hate them so much I mute or switch over when they come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

That A hole on the Hotels combined ad. who can't figure out how to book a room without losing his shi!t. Will never use that site because of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

The moam ads on during The Big Bang Theory, Graham is a douchebag.

EMar Sounds

If a company thinks that getting their ad on TV is all they have to do, then they need to hire someone else,
    Annoying people into remembering your products or services doesn't mean people will use them.
    Companies self proclaiming their product is voted number one in Ireland, UK wherever, total lies.
    If you actually sent surveys to every home in Ireland, 90% would go in the trash.

Totally missing the whole point in TV advertising champagnes.

...they did a survey in the UK. A significant percentage of children think Churchill is a dog who flogs stuff on the TV.

The survey was carried out about 10 years back. A percentage of those kids now work in marketing / advertising.

EMar Sounds

Getting paid to waste money on ads that have turned people of products.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Woeful ad, it's amazing that a marketing department of dozens of people had dozens of meetings and this was the best they could come up with. And then the boss goes "yes....this is exactly what I was looking for"

.....probably will have a bit of their product again to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

Somewhat off topic, but the jingles for ads on Irish radio are at an all time low.
    One in particular for som energy company (heard it dozens of times and still can't recall the name, good work ad creators), it's as if they hired a 1st year marketing student for an hour and told them they would get €20 if they came up with a 'catchy jingle', the attempts at ryhming is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Bud
    Wies
    Er.
    And, wassup!!!

Any Cleaner Close ad.

The coke ad where they end up drinking in the canal. (it looks like)

That gobshyte in the hotel ad. Hiding behind the potted plant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Irish Water

I'm serious.. first we had the vaguely threatening ads telling us to register as "customers" (or else!), now we have this overly-fluffy one with little friendly men plodding along while the images show us decaying pipes, remind us how it's also to support industry (so important for jobs!) and then try to paint IW as the heroes rescuing us all from the abyss!

Even the tag-line "Safeguarding your water for your future" is condescending and annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^Good call, the amount of modern infrastructure that was put in during the building boom by private builders must have been immense. The way IW portray it you would think we were going to die in a drought if we don't support this cuddly loving company.

:D I've already put a stop on the direct debit from the bank regarding IW. Fully expecting a bill for my deceased mum any day now. I'll be suitably upset. I am wondering which pub to spend my free €100 in come September.

Irish Water is actually one of the few ads I would turn up the volume for. Quality Irish comedy is always rare on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

innocent juices. if i hear about our jane one more time:mad::mad::mad:

EMar Sounds

The football fan looking dude with the beard? carrying some father's, young looking daughter down a hotel corridor! I hate that creepy ad,
    I hate nearly every ad that has been listed here, Meercats are cute though, but it doesn't make me wanna invest my money with a company
    that thinks it's funny that they can't say market, so they base their whole ad champagne on animated meercats, we'll see how long that lasts.

If I had 5 or 10 grand from one or two of all those wasted advertisements, I could start a small business and create a few jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭abff

Hitchens wrote: »
    ...or that Aldi ad with the woman prattling on about a dress ......terrible

I think that's actually quite a good ad. The other Aldi ad, with the woman saying goodbye over and over to her friend on the phone is a bit annoying, though.

F*ck off Barry Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'll never do business with Meteor. Their ads are a solid disgrace to the industry and highlight how far the standard has fallen in Ireland. This one in particular really upset me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats wrong with the Adverts You Despise thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Theres a skip hire ad on the radio with two 'duberlin builders' talking about getting a skip. Terrible. So bad that when I did need a skip a few weeks back I actively avoided them and went with someone else.
    Which is the part of this thread that makes it different from the ads you despise thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement