Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Did you see the a$$ on "DAVE" in that money supermarket ad lol kind of sick more than funny.
    Some ads can be quite insulting too, and arrogant! I know what you mean.

I like funny ads, some of the Irish ones were meant to be stupid funny, like that shady guy for the car insurance ad
    Screaming slang words, haaa haaaa? and there'll be questions afterwards!! weirdo couple in background laughing falsely.
    Funny but getting played out..

But seriously, many Irish adverts are absolutely atrocious, make you feel ashamed, embarrassed or angry enough to avoid them.
    It's like someone said, people are actually paid to come up with some of the trash we see on TV, like everyone thought that was professional.
    Possibly, that's the best thing the company they hired to create the advert could come up with.

Sorry I haven't read the adverts you despise thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

That ad for vista print with the driving instructor

Talking of business cards;
    'Hand them a scrap of card, they get a scrappy service. Don't they?'

Eh, one does not equate to the other......so that means a super business card makes up for a ****ty instructor???

Pisces me off.....

EMar Sounds

Think he means if you were to hand someone a scrappy looking biz card,
    They'd be more inclined to think your service was a bit on the scrappy side too.
    He prob offended a few people the way it came out.

I did an experiment a few years ago in an online game, made a sign, added some text and pics of cute puppies.
    Like a floating sign/card users in the game could see, and right click to pay it tokens, Sponsor a Puppy.
    The next time I logged in there had been a lot of tippers, 100's I returned all their valuable tokens.

A good advertisement can sell almost anything, a crap one is too big of a risk if you don't want to lose business.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

The Aaaaaaaaliance insurance add and also the hotels combined add (at least i think its that anyway) "ive been looking for hotel deals".....

EMar Sounds

I think ask peeves got killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

nc19 wrote: »
    That ad for vista print with the driving instructor

Talking of business cards;
    'Hand them a scrap of card, they get a scrappy service. Don't they?'

Eh, one does not equate to the other......so that means a super business card makes up for a ****ty instructor???

Pisces me off.....

Yeah, that is particularly dumb. And annoying. Stupid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Irn Bru's new add is easily the worst I've seen for a while.

Yeah because what makes me want a soft drink is an add where I'm staring at someone's ass for 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

New McDonalds ad, a fairytale about fast food

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"At _____ we believe _____, that's why __________ "

Pïssoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

"At _____ we believe _____, that's why __________ "

Pïssoff

I much prefer:

"Mr Toad has a red _____."
    "Mr _____ needs a _____ in order to _____ his _____."

8wd05w.jpg

:o:D:);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Irn Bru's new add is easily the worst I've seen for a while.

Yeah because what makes me want a soft drink is an add where I'm staring at someone's ass for 20 seconds

Just in case people werent aware of the add I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

The VHI ads, especially the one where the woman is talking about her husband and her tiny babies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Just in case people werent aware of the add I'm talking about

I like your rant but I found that ad pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    The VHI ads, especially the one where the woman is talking about her husband and her tiny babies!!!!

And now the tit that broke his finger and was worried that his weekend would be ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭melbite

cilit bang - drives me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭melbite

or tesco - every little bit helps. My kids sing it all day and it drives me batty especially given how much I spend there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Mc donnells curry sauce! whatever chance there was of me of buying it before it was advertised, it was long gone once they spent €4.50max on the advert to promote what looks like a dose of the skits on chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

That ad for Liberte yoghurt. Denise van outen is in it. I will never ever buy one of them yoghurts because of that ad. Even if it was free I wouldn't eat it. Overplay much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

Those poxy Ragu ads with the Italian puppets. I never liked ragu stuff much but because of these ads I will avoid for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Heresham

Those Allianz Insurance ads. Jaysus they grind my gears..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

delaad wrote: »
    And now the tit that broke his finger and was worried that his weekend would be ruined.

That guy is such a prat,his voice does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭squonk

Allianz as well. I also saw some ad for a Civilisation style iPhone game on RTE at the weekend called Game of Crowns or soemthing like that. Some bint rambling on about building your empire or soemthing over crappy knock-off GoT style backing music and a bad rip off of the Got intro in graphics with the game. That'll never, ever be on my iOS device. If I was HBO I'd definitely be telling the lawyers to pay them a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who IS that woman (or what is the show) on the UPC ad

"Come on.... show me what you got *wink*"

AAAAAAARGH!!!!

And two UPC ads per ad break, radio AND tv? There must be something illegal about that. Bordering on torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

2 Aggs!!! Wuds Thus? Spicy......rawrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    2 Aggs!!! Wuds Thus? Spicy......rawrrr...

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That flippin advert with Sandra Murphy, she describes herself as business woman and "TV personality"?..................she was only on "the Apprentice" a few years ago, WTF :confused:

........well as far as I know anyway

+1 on the Trivago ad with the guy who has apparently rufied his girlfriend.

The Kittensoft ad where the guy keeps going "Emmmaaa" and handing her his tablet until he's stuck without toilet paper. Mrs Brown did it better when she used the tablet to kill the fly in that ad for whatever Mrs Brown show they were advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What?

It's from the Supervalu ad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭paulbok

The new breast screening ads, know they are for an important topic, but sweet jebus, they are shockingly cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »

........well as far as I know anyway
    Ah Jimmy - you really need to come out from under that rock and get to know what matters...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement