Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D L

Anyone else find the fella's voice in the Dairygold ad extremely annoying? It's like he can't wait to go home and rub butter all over himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

D L wrote: »
    Anyone else find the fella's voice in the Dairygold ad extremely annoying? It's like he can't wait to go home and rub butter all over himself.

What annoys me most about his voice is that his teeth are clenched and his mouth is half shut while he's talking....
    And while I'm at it I'll mention that Aldi ad with me wan tryin to hang up the phone,her and her "Bye bye byebyebyebyebye....",I mean for fecks sake....

And also that new one for Cadburys chocolate biscuits with that awful 90s dance song,and the two women rattling and shakin their spoons to it really gets my dander up(I hope I said that right).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Seasan wrote: »
    What annoys me most about his voice is that his teeth are clenched and his mouth is half shut while he's talking....
    And while I'm at it I'll mention that Aldi ad with me wan tryin to hang up the phone,her and her "Bye bye byebyebyebyebye....",I mean for fecks sake....

And also that new one for Cadburys chocolate biscuits with that awful 90s dance song,and the two women rattling and shakin their spoons to it really gets my dander up(I hope I said that right).[/quote

Eww that ad Cadburys freaks me out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Lisha wrote: »
    That Cadburys ad turns you on!!!! Eww that ad freaks me out. :(

NOPE.........
    I obviously used the wrong expression there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Seasan wrote: »
    NOPE.........
    I obviously used the wrong expression there!!

I'm wrong. I mixed up pecker and dander. Sorry about that. And I have to agree that as with the spoon playing ladies makes me angry too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who IS that woman (or what is the show) on the UPC ad

"Come on.... show me what you got *wink*"

AAAAAAARGH!!!!

And two UPC ads per ad break, radio AND tv? There must be something illegal about that. Bordering on torture.

That ad is awful.

It looks to me like she read the script and just remembed she was meant to wink as she was doing the rest of it, and just forced it in. Looks so unnatural, like a kid's acting in a school play or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

D L wrote: »

Is that the one about "gold, gold, gold!"? I dunno why, but it makes me think of Pat Mustard. :pac:

Is that the one about "gold, gold, gold!"? I dunno why, but it makes me think of Pat Mustard. :pac:

He is so gorgeous they have to put him under arrest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

That Vistaprint ad with the dog groomer. Her voice goes through me

"It was quia I have to saaaaaaaaaaaay"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

"Hi! I'm Celia Holman Lee..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Supervalue ad on RTE 1. 'Good food karma'. I don't whether it is the corny caption; the hideous tune; the vile representation of vile stereotypes or a combination of all three, but it really makes me physically and mentally sick everytime it comes on - which is about every 3 seconds. :mad: I don't know who the hell comes up with these awful supermarket happy dappy zappy customer adverts but whoever they are, they really need to be buried alive.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Current Burger King ad.
    Pushing their prices/value

An obvious UK ad with strange edits to cram it into just 10 seconds (never a good idea).

But also, the ropiest v/o work I've heard in long time.

Its truely terrible.

Why do marketing folk think dubbing Irish accents crudely without bothering to lip-sync is a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Current budget king ad.

Pushing their prices/value.

An obvious UK ad with strange edits to cram it into just 10 seconds (never a good idea).

But also, the ropiest v/o work I've heard in long time.

Its truely terrible.

Why do marketing folk think dubbing Irish accents crudely without bothering to lip-sync is a good idea?

Jesus that ad is so weird. "What if we imagine a scenario where people buy our burgers on the street from a filthy bum?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

That hair restoration clinic ad with the 3 lads, one of which it Ray creataro who used play with Sligo rovers. Him and the 3rd lad on talking about running fingers through a full head of hair etc.
    do they seriously not realise how ridiculous they look? Both look like a really obvious wig to me even if it is genuinely their own hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

(Maybe it has been done already, too lazy to read back more than a couple of pages!)

The MYA cosmetic surgery ad. Morons of young girls who no more need cosmetic surgery than my dog does.

*say in a really annoying nasal English accent* -"I'm so glad I chose MYA"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

KFC ad with the lad running down stairs and turning into each generation of the family.
    Nothing says family heritage like getting together to eat your dinner from a cardboard bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Dulux "Colour Prohibition" ad has returned.

As I said when it first aired a year ago, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all if it was advertising Crown or Fleetwood.

But because it's advertising Dulux and doesn't involve the dog in any meaningful way - just shoehorning him in at the end - I do have a problem with it. :(:o

Could you imagine an Andrex ad without the puppy? :eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

"Thanks DA" 40 fags a day is back.
    Haroon.......couldn't give two fecks about ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

KFC ad with the lad running down stairs and turning into each generation of the family.
    Nothing says family heritage like getting together to eat your dinner from a cardboard bucket

+1. Noticed the other evening that while the UK voiceover spouts about "for over 70 years" or something like that, on the Irish version it's only "40 years".

Makes the ad even stupider considering the clothes and truck at the start are clearly from the 1940s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thought of another one. Technically not your typical ad but yer wan that is doing a comedy show about being adopted with PJ Gallagher.
    Jesus her accent really grates on me!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

jimmyw wrote: »
    That flippin advert with Sandra Murphy, she describes herself as business woman and "TV personality"?..................she was only on "the Apprentice" a few years ago, WTF :confused:

........well as far as I know anyway

I have never heard of this woman before.Obviously the criteria for being recognised as a TV presonality have fallen a bit since I last journeyed around the block.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

ollaetta wrote: »
    +1. Noticed the other evening that while the UK voiceover spouts about "for over 70 years" or something like that, on the Irish version it's only "40 years".

Makes the ad even stupider considering the clothes and truck at the start are clearly from the 1940s.

Shure in Ireland we were behind in everything.The Swinging Sixties diden't start here till about five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

One I absolutely hate with a fc*king passion is back. :mad: That Electric Ireland one with the smarmy dad slagging his ugly barbie from hell slapper daughters as they ask for money to go out. The accents on the pair of them as they simper Thanks Da when he gives in would cut metal. There isn't a bog hole deep enough to chuck them into.

Deep breath, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

ollaetta wrote: »
    One I absolutely hate with a fc*king passion is back. :mad: That Electric Ireland one with the smarmy dad slagging his ugly barbie from hell slapper daughters as they ask for money to go out. The accents on the pair of them as they simper Thanks Da when he gives in would cut metal. There isn't a bog hole deep enough to chuck them into.

Deep breath, rant over.

How can a woman's voice be that deep or rough, I know she's a dub but still :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    How can a woman's voice be that deep or rough, I know she's a dub but still :eek:
    Tanks Dahhhhhhhhhhhhh... :D

His daughters are about 35 years old and heavy smokers! Also in the background behind all the text you can see one of them pretending to scrub her face with a babywipe, its just so stupid you cant look away...

Theres some new fox related cider and the ad is horrific, pretentious rambling story about something a fox says to a farmer which doesnt seem to make any sense whatsoever while a load of hipster twats preen at the camera, I cringe when it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

paulbok wrote: »
    The new breast screening ads, know they are for an important topic, but sweet jebus, they are shockingly cringeworthy.

I don't think I've cringed as hard for a long time...that ad is woeful...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Electric Ireland bring back the skanger daughters and Vodafone bring back the 2 muppets in the office ad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thargor wrote: »
    Electric Ireland bring back the skanger daughters and Vodafone bring back the 2 muppets in the office ad :rolleyes:

And the ****ing Frankie Avalon song. Jesus Christ. Whoever thought of it for the ad can spend eternity in hell listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thargor wrote: »
    Tanks Dahhhhhhhhhhhhh... :D

His daughters are about 35 years old and heavy smokers! Also in the background behind all the text you can see one of them pretending to scrub her face with a babywipe, its just so stupid you cant look away...

Theres some new fox related cider and the ad is horrific, pretentious rambling story about something a fox says to a farmer which doesnt seem to make any sense whatsoever while a load of hipster twats preen at the camera, I cringe when it comes on.

I thought I was the only one who saw this. It makes me cringe harder than anything else ever. Bint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Tesco Mobile

CLAIM...
    Better Value

1 month after doubling WiFi and mobile payg costs

CNTS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement