Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Ryanair

Appointed failed supermarket Tescos marketing director

Play crap 80s effeminate music and run thinly veiled Tesco adverts... Because it worked so well for Tesco??? Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

AIB

Claim
    1 mortgage advisor from beginning to end

We have had 3 different people so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Don't know why but I can't abide the Lidl offers ad with your woman going 'no way' 'fair play' at every price. I have to swear to get through it.

Parsnips just 69c. 'F@#$ off, really?'
    Smoked salmon fillets 'You're sh@##ing me!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

The ads on e4 with the wans before tbbt with their moams and their experiments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Seasan wrote: »
    And while I'm at it I'll mention that Aldi ad with me wan tryin to hang up the phone,her and her "Bye bye byebyebyebyebye....",I mean for fecks sake....

Seriously a friend of my does that - at the end of EVERY call :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Haven't read though all the posts and this probably isn't the worst but it drives me nuts.

Ad for Hotels Combined .com

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2gRl0xQNc

Don't know what it is about it, it just drives me up the walls!!

KNS wrote: »
    Haven't read though all the posts and this probably isn't the worst but it drives me nuts.

Ad for Hotels Combined .com

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2gRl0xQNc

Don't know what it is about it, it just drives me up the walls!!

Gavin needs a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not TV but theres a radio ad that absolutely grinds my gears.
    Its for some treatment for tinnitus but the ringing/jingle is more likely to cvause tinnitus than cure it.

Also radio, those ads with Vincent Brown for Jobbio ... I'm always temped to write to them to ask what was the motivation behind choosing a company name that sounds like jobbie!

TV wise, I think it was mentioned in an earlier page but that dog groomer with the business cards is a pain in the hole. "I built this up all by myself..." Ahhh gwan fupp off

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    TV wise, I think it was mentioned in an earlier page but that dog groomer with the business cards is a pain in the hole. "I built this up all by myself..." Ahhh gwan fupp off

What about the other wan?
    "I'm a .................................................................................................................................wedding florist"
    What's with the big pauses?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Not TV but theres a radio ad that absolutely grinds my gears.
    Its for some treatment for tinnitus but the ringing/jingle is more likely to cvause tinnitus than cure it.

Also radio, those ads with Vincent Brown for Jobbio ... I'm always temped to write to them to ask what was the motivation behind choosing a company name that sounds like jobbie!

"Oi buil' tha' up from scraaaaitch!" It's like she was a character from a Dickens novel but got kicked out for being too over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Orchard Thieves Cider.

The ad is like a Family Guy sketch about doucebags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Orchard Thieves Cider.

The ad is like a Family Guy sketch about doucebags.

These yokes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

The radio advert for Doonbeg Golf resort sounds like something you would hear on TV3 sleezy advert after midnight. I'd be surprised if Mr Trump would approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Seriously how old are them teenage girls in the electric Ireland as. They both look about 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Any of those Paddy Power betting app ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That fcuking good food karma ad from Supervalu with that godawful hooo-hooo-hoooooooo song :mad:

It has every bad-actors-trying-to-play-happy-families cliche going in it but theres one bit where one of the women goes all cross eyed and I want to fling the remote at the tv when I see her...

Remember the ads from the 80s that were just a picture of a shopfront with somebody talking over them?

Can someone tell Power City they can move on from this style?
    Tightwads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The new one from Birds Eye about their wholegrain fishfingers.
    A family sitting around the table, spearing rotten looking brown fishfingers from a plate, chatting about having favourites.
    How come fishfingers in ads always look raw and never look overdone/bits of the crumb coating hanging off?

Holly Willoughby advertising BB cream by Garnier.
    Does she really think the public believe she only uses Garnier products?
    She's always struck me as one of those people who got her career for being goodlooking; don't think there's much going on up there in that brain of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Warden of the North, Roose Bolton telling us to take Bus Eireann Expressway services.

Go to hell Roose!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Thargor wrote: »
    That fcuking good food karma ad from Supervalu with that godawful hooo-hooo-hoooooooo song :mad:

It has every bad-actors-trying-to-play-happy-families cliche going in it but theres one bit where one of the women goes all cross eyed and I want to fling the remote at the tv when I see her...
    the bit where yer one goes "she thinks she's the best cook"....and then her mate cackles like a horny Emperor penguin.....get off my telly:eek:

• Advertisement

New trivago ads are shocking.

The Muller ad with Nicole Shi!singer and her chocolate coated balls
    Just plain dumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

The Muller ad with Nicole Shi!singer and her chocolate coated balls
    Just plain dumb

She's not with Lewis Hamilton anymore I think....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Hate the music for the KFC add.

Plus that Andrex add is just creepy, why do I want to listen to kids talking about how they feel after using toilet paper??? :vomit:

please delete

the ad where the girls hanging up the phone goes bye bye bye like million times drives me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Plus that Andrex add is just creepy, why do I want to listen to kids talking about how they feel after using toilet paper??? :vomit:

Is this the ad you're talking about?

I don't like it either. And only shoehorning the puppy in at the end makes it worse. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh and that ad with the adults gurning and talking in little baby voices...some kind of sweets or something.
    I thought it had gone away. It just gives me the creeps.

^^

Yeah thats the one I'm on about, its just creepy IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Hate those Haribo ads that show a meeting of businessmen & women & than dub over the actors voices with childrens voices for some strange reason. Have to mute it when it comes on.
    A very disturbing & awful ad.

This is the one I was thinking of, can't stand it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement