Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

The Irish Allianz ads with everyone going Aaaaggghh and the English one with the Dad and daughter singing Culture Club. One less prospective customer here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The one for Cadbury Mini Rolls.

I actually hate how they HAVE to feature the colour purple in every fking ad; it's irritating.

Anyway, what I hate about this Mini Rolls ad is the way the Dad opens the thing.
    I have never known a Mini Roll to open in such a way that the wrapper UNWINDS around the roll; you have to tear it downwards, ffs.

Stop lying to us, Cadbury!

Oh and stop making Mini Rolls. They're the reason I have belly rolls.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

Who is Rachel, the annoying girlfriend, in bank of Ireland mortgage add. So very annoying but looks very familar

I know I'm trying to figure out who she is, I'm thinking its esther something can anyone help out? Head is wrecked trying to find out!!! I see its by speers films but no actors listed

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

I thoroughly hate that ad where Dad tells two daughters that they are downsizing and that one of them has to go. Ostensibly some f...wit thought this was funny. Inside certain little peoples heads it is anything but funny on certain levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They are ugly ugly kids as well. That's awful to say but my lord, they wouldn't get a date on a calendar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

The new Vodafone as bout the dads restaurant . ggrrrr aaaarrgghh ! make it stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

The Irish Allianz ads with everyone going Aaaaggghh and the English one with the Dad and daughter singing Culture Club. One less prospective customer here

Typical example of an ad just trying way to hard to be funny, kinda of vibe Aliianz ads are gonna give off since they were the last to catch on with the more slapstick approach to insurance ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Omackeral wrote: »
    They are ugly ugly kids as well. That's awful to say but my lord, they wouldn't get a date on a calendar.

To be fair, they're made up like a pair of aging strumpets. They might be lovely girls normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new AIB ad with the kid cycling on the wrong side of the road, they went to all the trouble of getting a helmet for him and then made a balls of the filming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

HATE this Corsodyl ad.

And if the YouTube rating is anything to go by, I'm far from alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Typical example of an ad just trying way to hard to be funny, kinda of vibe Aliianz ads are gonna give off since they were the last to catch on with the more slapstick approach to insurance ads.

When I see those Allianz ads I wish that the AXA red line would appear and flip them off the planet.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    I thoroughly hate that ad where Dad tells two daughters that they are downsizing and that one of them has to go. Ostensibly some f...wit thought this was funny. Inside certain little peoples heads it is anything but funny on certain levels.

Horrible idea.

And I'm not sure if it's the same company that has the ad with the young ones with all the garish make up on, and the oh so funny (not) dad telling them he 'would need a job to pay for all that foundation'...or some such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I've just seen the ad for yer wan Vogue's latest vehicle on Rte2. It's about the Leaving Cert etc.

'Vogue Does Straight A's'

A's

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Song from the new Coke add is unforgiveably awful.

Yer mans voice just grates on me like a fingernail on a chalkboard

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just thinking that myself last night. It's really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

HATE this Corsodyl ad.

And if the YouTube rating is anything to go by, I'm far from alone.

Am I the only one who (silently) screams at the tv every time it comes on: "blood comes out of another part of women's bodies every month!":mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The new Cider advert about the farmer with a red hat chasing a fox...... :mad::mad:

Ugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Use yer hands... cos you gots to use your hands... and when you use your hands then... :confused:

It is absolutely fcuking awful, and then they randomly hijack the Berlin wall coming down at the end? Yeah Im sure they couldn't have done it without you coke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thargor wrote: »
    Use yer hands... cos you gots to use your hands... and when you use your hands then... :confused:

It is absolutely fcuking awful, and then they randomly hijack the Berlin wall coming down at the end? Yeah Im sure they couldn't have done it without you coke...

That's why they were tearing it down, to get at all that caffeine And sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

ALL of the Axa red line ads, radio and telly

That cretin going Rayyyyyyyych gets on my nerves.
    Plus he looks like a colossal grasshole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

ALL of the Axa red line ads, radio and telly

That cretin going Rayyyyyyyych gets on my nerves.
    Plus he looks like a colossal grasshole

And don't forget he volunteers on "Saddurdays", like he lets anyone forget

You know the Coffee add with the mother and her son playing with dinasours?

Am I the only one who noticed they've totally ripped off the song from the start of Up in that add?

Add:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBepXl77EKQ

Up (Go to 3:20):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaLegF2hAxI

And now that I've mentioned the start of Up I feel like crying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Vodafone one where the young fella takes a video of his dad's opera singing and posts it on the Internet.

Can't stand either of their voices

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Any of the muller adverts with Nicole sher whatshername. The whole being ditsy by accidentally knocking something over or emergency stopping a train and the latest by falling off a chair dragging the table cloth and the contents off. Then having a bit of yogurt/pudding on her nose and then laughing.
    Nicole no one enjoys yogurts that much then proceeds to be that clumsy. No one is laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Any of the muller adverts with Nicole sher whatshername. The whole being ditsy by accidentally knocking something over or emergency stopping a train and the latest by falling off a chair dragging the table cloth and the contents off. Then having a bit of yogurt/pudding on her nose and then laughing.
    Nicole no one enjoys yogurts that much then proceeds to be that clumsy. No one is laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Fully agree no wonder Hamilton dumped her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Aldi - Here comes the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Any ad with a Ukulele in it. F***********************ck Offffff...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement