Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"O-ho, said the fox ........."

Pìssoff, says I.
    *mutes TV*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Pìssoff, says I.
    *mutes TV*

Being annoyed with that ad you're not on your own-io.

Also why do all the recent drink ads seem to want you to aspire to be a pretentious, badly dressed self aggrandizing arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

guitarzero wrote: »
    Any ad with a Ukulele in it. F***********************ck Offffff...

And any ad with those hipstery beardy types.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

The Haribo ad with the adults talking like kids is really creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Nivea for Men shaving balm ad and the stupid face on the fella at the end.I just want to punch the ****er between the eyes.

Also I've just began to realise that on every single shaving product ad the men who are applying the shaming foam,balm etc always have perfectly dry hair. I assume most men shave immediately after a shower and so my hair is quite wet when I'm shaving so surely these ad's could at least try to convince us that these are actually just after shaving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Remember the ads from the 80s that were just a picture of a shopfront with somebody talking over them?

Can someone tell Power City they can move on from this style?
    Tightwads

Yes, remember them .. and in many way they made more sense! It seems from one extreme to another! Maybe something in between would be best? Today's ads must cost a lot to make and no wonder many companies are broke. Many of today's ads are expensive but dull and/or OTT for what they do.

Being annoyed with that ad you're not on your own-io.

Also why do all the recent drink ads seem to want you to aspire to be a pretentious, badly dressed self aggrandizing arse?

It is a silly ad alright but far from being the worst drink ad I have seen. I'd love to know who dreams up these ads. I stopped trying to figure out the meaning behind drink ads years ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Yes, remember them .. and in many way they made more sense! It seems from one extreme to another! Maybe something in between would be best? Today's ads must cost a lot to make and no wonder many companies are broke. Many of today's ads are expensive but dull and/or OTT for what they do.

Plus half of them I dont know what the hell they're for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Venus lady's razor... Basically is your bush beach ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Axa red line ad with neighbour Leonard, or Le-Nerd. OMG, like, the morketing types are sooo clever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The lotto one with the granny who wanted to go to the Grand Canal instead Grand Canyon, why didn't she get in a car, where did she expect the plane to land?

It would take 10 hours to get to the Grand Canyon and she only started complaining when they got there, surely she would have copped on a lot earlier, unless she fell asleep or something and I'd be shocked if that tiny jet made it past Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Remember the prepay power advert with yer wan daydreaming she was at a podium saying things like "when you switch to prepay power, you'll have one less bill to pay, - Fact!"...:mad:

Her feckin husband is at it now.. :(:(:mad:

Who thought that would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

The Irn-Bru ad with the new daughter named Fanny. Saw it for the first time yesterday and vegging today watching crap tv and it has been on all day. Who comes up with these? Seriously do they not pilot them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I was playing a hockey match......

Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

The lotto one with the granny who wanted to go to the Grand Canal instead Grand Canyon, why didn't she get in a car, where did she expect the plane to land?

It would take 10 hours to get to the Grand Canyon and she only started complaining when they got there, surely she would have copped on a lot earlier, unless she fell asleep or something and I'd be shocked if that tiny jet made it past Galway.

So much for that girl being a genius...

Pìssoff, says I.
    *mutes TV*

WTF has the narration about a fox and a farmer got to do with a load of annoying tossers out on the tear?

The new AIB ad with that annoying kid asking randomers questions.I'm sure he was the same little b0llocks with that "we're done here" line from the Vodaphone ad.

WTF has the narration about a fox and a farmer got to do with a load of annoying tossers out on the tear?

Who dreams up these ads? That's what I asked myself too. No farmer or fox so what type of mixed up ad is this?

A stupid and quite offensive ad this is. It sort of implies that the stereotypical 'granny' type does not know much/has forgotten a lot. And there is a whole series of her. She is called 'Peggy' again to further the oldfashioned image:

http://rmg.ie/work/national-lottery-euromillions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Not sure what the technical term is but the inbetweeny bits on RTE2 between the programme and the ads
    Must have cost all of 20 pence and the lad with the waggy finger gives me nightmares

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

A stupid and quite offensive ad this is. It sort of implies that the stereotypical 'granny' type does not know much/has forgotten a lot. And there is a whole series of her. She is called 'Peggy' again to further the oldfashioned image:

http://rmg.ie/work/national-lottery-euromillions

I wouldn't go so far as to say that those EuroMillions ads are "offensive", TBH.

And in all fairness, they're probably the best of all the ads that the folks at Lottery HQ have churned out since they introduced the green star logo back in 2008.

:o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The lottery ads are about the only Irish ads left with high production values since Guinness ads got so bad, the problem is they subject us to them every ad break for years, the same ad over and over and over again, how much of their income is spent on advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Saw a good one today on one of the Sky sports channels for Iron Bru with a blokes wife wants to call their new born daughter Fanny! First add in a long time to make me LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

This is the kind of advert that should be on, not the present s***e. I thought it was good anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/AgenturaJANDL/videos/908588152512511/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

madmaggie wrote: »
    And any ad with those hipstery beardy types.

Who always hang out with the 'in' people in the 'in' places to be fashionably seen in while holding the latest drink that is 'in' to be seen with.

I'd rather drink distilled sewage than drink anything that these marketed types, complete with market approved beard, endorse.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Just me or does every car add these days focus more on random 3 year kids for no reason as opposed to the actual car itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I'VE HAD AN ACCIENT!

You're a pizza..........

AND WE'RE DONEEEEEEEEEEE

You're a pizza..........

AND WE'RE DONEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You're a pizza..........

AND WE'RE DONEEEEEEEEEEE

You're a pizza..........

AND WE'RE DONEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted from the Grand Canyon?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement