Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That hotel ad with the young bell boy being 'deflowered' by the older guest is a bit disturbing and in poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new Sky Sports ad for the Premier League season, terrible, no buzz to it, not a patch on years gone by, here it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Can't stand that one for the new Samsung Galaxy phones,with that blonde haired singer in the studio.I dunno if she's a famous singer or not but her bleedin voice cuts right through me ears every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The new Sky Sports ad for the Premier League season, terrible, no buzz to it, not a patch on years gone by, here it is...

I just came here to post that but you beat me to it.

This is nothing to do with the handball but Thierry Henry is becoming one of the most annoying dickheads on TV.He's a smug ****er with absolutely zero like-ability, and honestly I don't understand why sky are paying him so much money for adding nothing of quality to their coverage and I'd imagine it's done nothing to boost their viewership either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The flippin McDonalds add for chicken fries, Hens are female, why have they all got male voices,,

Sorry, burger king, ive been told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

selous wrote: »
    The flippin McDonalds add for chicken fries, Hens are female, why have they all got male voices,,

Never even occurred to me before, but you're damn right, that's monumentally dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,250 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

selous wrote: »

It's a Burger King ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,250 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Lisha wrote: »
    That hotel ad with the young bell boy being 'deflowered' by the older guest is a bit disturbing and in poor taste.

Yea. And I don't know if its very appropriate for the middle of a Sunday afternoon either during the half time of the Munster final, which was the last time I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yea. And I don't know if its very appropriate for the middle of a Sunday afternoon either during the half time of the Munster final, which was the last time I saw it.

Indeed Fr. Down with that sort of thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Can't find the thread for ads we like, so this is in the wrong place. Apologies.

I love the Eircode ad. It could have been based on a friend of mine. When giving directions to anyone, he will go into long descripitive explanation and then say, "yep you're in the wrong place altogether"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'So you do the Aldi challenge, and you tell your friends...'
    Okay, it's not as bad as the 'byebyebyebye' one, but it grates on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Blue Insurance ad, put me off before I even looked them up.

With the annoying child's voice at the end, 'don't renew unless it's BLUE'. Ugh.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Can't find the thread for ads we like, so this is in the wrong place. Apologies.
    Should've used the Eircode......:-):-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Can't stand that one for the new Samsung Galaxy phones,with that blonde haired singer in the studio.I dunno if she's a famous singer or not but her bleedin voice cuts right through me ears every time

That's Rita Ora. She came to Britain disguised as a Dorito and was spotted by Louis Cowell busking with a pan pipe troupe

That's Rita Ora. She came to Britain disguised as a Dorito and was spotted by Louis Cowell busking with a pan pipe troupe

Rita Ora-sounds more like the name of a drink.....
    Well now at least I know who not to listen to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

That Steve/Rachel Rachel/Steve ad. Just **** off ye twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

And the wireless charger is ****e too. The small print says 0-100% in three hours....almost as bad as the iPhone. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

That's Rita Ora. She came to Britain disguised as a Dorito

Well that's one Dorito I would certainly love to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Well that's one Dorito I would certainly love to eat.

The voice tho it'd be soo bloody hard to hear her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Rita Ora-sounds more like the name of a drink.....
    Well now at least I know who not to listen to!!

She's Kia's sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Boi, new Rachel and Steve ads...someone is going to have to explain how this is supposed to tempt me to get a mortgage and buy a house.

Seems like they are saying get a mortgage and buy a house and whoopdeedoo you end up living beside the annoying Rachel and Steve for the rest of your live

:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The new Meteor one where they replay the clip of the man falling on ice over and over and over again, I imagine he'll delighted to see it again :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new Meteor one where they replay the clip of the man falling on ice over and over and over again, I imagine he'll delighted to see it again :o

Here it is...

The lad defo deserves a phone and a years free calls with them cashing in on his image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Radio5 wrote: »

I love the Eircode ad. It could have been based on a friend of mine. When giving directions to anyone, he will go into long descripitive explanation and then say, "yep you're in the wrong place altogether"!

'Adverts we like' thread--

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057010966

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

amdublin wrote: »
    Boi, new Rachel and Steve ads...someone is going to have to explain how this is supposed to tempt me to get a mortgage and buy a house.

Seems like they are saying get a mortgage and buy a house and whoopdeedoo you end up living beside the annoying Rachel and Steve for the rest of your live

:confused:

Or, you can get a mortgage to move away from these two clowns. You'll be happy to know your repayments are funding ads like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lisha wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness they should have a version where a rich old Baron instead of a Baroness drags a female teenage hotel worker into bed and deflowers her with loud thumping sounds, Im sure nothing would be said about it in the papers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Thargor wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness they should have a version where a rich old Baron instead of a Baroness drags a female teenage hotel worker into bed and deflowers her with loud thumping sounds, Im sure nothing would be said about it in the papers :D

Thought something like that happened in America a year or so ago, then he lost his job as baron of the purse strings of Europe, and all the papers were full of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

The new UPC missing dog ad. So the girl who was so in love with the guy she met in a coffee shop in the 3 advert, is now single (too many nights forgetting her keys?) got a parrot to make up for the loneliness.....
    Ad is twee, but I guess it could be worse..

HotelsCombined with the white bear has to be the worst ad ever. I hate it, the bears voice creeps me the hell out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Those Trivago ads are painful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement