Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That ad for Haribo with the kids interogating the dad over something, and then the little girl coming in saying "look into my eyes" in that desperate, husky 'ill be a prostitute by 18' voice, and the dad confessing.

A complete f'ing rip off of the Will Ferrel "Landlord" sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I love the Hamster to bits, but I don't think I can forgive him for those Morrisons ads, at least they are a bit better that the other ads.

One other ad I despite is those ads for EasyTech or something, these kids toys, and there is this guy in a suit who is trying to talk to these kids who are completely ignoring him while playing on the toys.
    The second kid is playing on the spinny thing, and the prick keeps saying "We're going round in circles!"
    Feck off back to marketing you smarmy git!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Also, those Weetabix challenges ads, who the hell has a smoothie with their Weetabix??!! Bleh!
    That one with the family, the mother is an idiot, "Oh no wonder we get through 48 a week, ehehehehe!" It's the high fibre diet...
    The older daughter sounds drunk, the emo son is just plain annoying.

What else is there?

Oh ya, those X-Box ads, they started out creepy, now they are just plain annoying.

Kerry Katona's Iceland ads, especially the one with the bloody chicken. That poor male model trying to break into the acting business had no idea what hit him.
    "That's why mums...get liposuction"

Hey. You leave Canadian guy called Ryan out of this...

But the. Xbox ads scare me. Especially the one with the Ginger girl.

*no emotion*
    *stunned*
    *hey look at me. I can make half my mouth smile while keeping the rest of my mouth completely motionless. NNNOOO DONT TURN THE CAMERA AROUND. I HAVE TALENT*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Has no one mentioned the ****ing Dell ad?
    "I am greeeeeeen today. I chirp (you Fcuking CHIRP?) with joy"....

"Im a lesbian with a guitar...la la la . Wish I as on the Greys Anatomy soundtrack where 4 seasons of soundtracks all sound like this she ite"

Hardcore hippy song plays out while various dimwits pose with their Dells. Makes me pine for the days of ****ing Compaq....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

DaBreno wrote: »
    Has no one mentioned the ****ing Dell ad?
    "I am greeeeeeen today. I chirp (you Fcuking CHIRP?) with joy"....

"Im a lesbian with a guitar...la la la . Wish I as on the Greys Anatomy soundtrack where 4 seasons of soundtracks all sound like this she ite"

Hardcore hippy song plays out while various dimwits pose with their Dells. Makes me pine for the days of ****ing Compaq....

You have summed up my EXACT feelings. Stupid pretentious breathy female vocals - American horsesh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the elder lemon

apologies if this has been mentioned before, but the ad that really does my head in is that pretentious, deep and meaningless load of ****e for some perfume or other,(chanel?),with nicole kidman in it. especially the bit where she goes,"i'm a dancer. i love to dance". keep watching it though, because someday, through the miracle of digital jiggery-pokery, i am going to pop up in it and, when she says that line, i am going to turf her off that roof.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

fully agree. most cringe worthy ad ive seen in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

gernon wrote: »
    Anyone else want to strangle the effin goat 'are we there yet' on the Bothar ad. which seems to be everywhere currently ? :mad:

You'll understand why goats are connected to Satan after watching that ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Hate that new gamestop ad with a passion, the kid has the most annoying voice in the world, "cool game, cool mom" STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

That perfume ad which pollutes an Interpol song by mixing Beyonce with it... I cant listen to 'Slow Hands in the same way anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I fookin hate those Meteor christmas ads, ye know, the ones with the reindeer.

One of them does'nt make sense at all!!

I think this is how it goes

Reindeer 1: Theyre still loadin meteor phones onto that slay. We'll never get it off the ground(Or something to that effect)

Reindeer 2: Well i've gotta not from me chiropractor, so i'm out this year

Reindeer 1: Ah seriously lads, we're not gettin out of it. Theyve parked the slay right out side

Reindeer 3: I'll tell you where you'll park that slay!!(Then storms off)

Reindeer 1: Ah come back ye luper

Why did reindeer 3 take offense. Couldnt make sense of it at all!!:confused::confused:

Christ, the word is "sleigh".

Hate that ad for low-low with the cartoon animals... I think whoever made that must have been on drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

colly10 wrote: »
    Hate that new gamestop ad with a passion, the kid has the most annoying voice in the world, "cool game, cool mom" STFU

LOL I know someone who acts like that when they get a PS3 game they really like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

some wine ad,think it's something like Cono Sur ad,where all the people's faces blur into each other and then the slogan is' Only for....everyone' so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Super quinn "cave man" ad's for the life of me i dont know where these ad companys get the idea that insulting 50% of the population is a good idea.....oh well just another company to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am a PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That old guy in the heinekin rubgy ad sounds way too posh to be a groundsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

apologies if this has been mentioned before, but the ad that really does my head in is that pretentious, deep and meaningless load of ****e for some perfume or other,(chanel?),with nicole kidman in it. especially the bit where she goes,"i'm a dancer. i love to dance". keep watching it though, because someday, through the miracle of digital jiggery-pokery, i am going to pop up in it and, when she says that line, i am going to turf her off that roof.:cool:

She got a seven figure sum for that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

bluewolf wrote: »
    Christ, the word is "sleigh".

Hate that ad for low-low with the cartoon animals... I think whoever made that must have been on drugs

Well done meteor for once again making the most annoying ad of the season. I really think this must be their long-term marketing strategy? Do they comission 10x campaigns and then commit to the one that test audiences find the most irritating (cos it can't just be down to luck)? :confused:

Well done again to meteor for making ads directly appealing to women by making all the moany workshy reindeer MALES. I'd love a censorship law that banned all ads that portrayed men as stupid and lazy and women as mere sex objects. Maybe they we could start to evolve as a species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I like the Meteor ads, they're far more entertaining that the muppet ads of Vodafone and O2, of which I can't tell apart because they are so smarmingly similar.

I really hate that car ad when the mother and kids all go running to see the new car the dad has bought and then get all disgusted with him when it's not the one being advertised. FFS, you got a new car, how about going out and working all day, you shower of ungrateful, insufferable little *****.

I really hate that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

this is just a general rant about the amount of ******* ads for nappies there is on tv, i dont watch much tv but anytime i do i seem to be smacked in the face with a scantily clad or naked baby i mean what the **** is that, surely with the sheer amount of things that could be advertised on tv there is a strangely large proportion of nappy ads, why, i really dont want to ever see sum1 elses infant sprog getting its a*se cleaned on tv, pure paedophile fodder if you ask me, sick

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ungrateful, insufferable little *****.
    Television is a family-friendly forum. Stop swearing. Next time you'll get an infraction, and further offenses will get you banned. See the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I know it's a radio ad but I loath the ad for Garmin with the American woman who can't sing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Pigman II wrote: »
    Well done meteor for once again making the most annoying ad of the season. I really think this must be their long-term marketing strategy? Do they comission 10x campaigns and then commit to the one that test audiences find the most irritating (cos it can't just be down to luck)? :confused:

Well done again to meteor for making ads directly appealing to women by making all the moany workshy reindeer MALES. I'd love a censorship law that banned all ads that portrayed men as stupid and lazy and women as mere sex objects. Maybe they we could start to evolve as a species.

I can't stand that bloody ad. I just want to put my fist through the tv every time it's on.

That taxi ad with all those poncy eejits really makes me angry as well.

Also that gamespot ad. that kid singing about getting a new game should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Those two blokes dressed as women for kitchen roll, does my head in. aahhhhhhh:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nordisk celt83

Don't think it's on TV anymore but my god that:

"get the london look" ad with Kate Moss fooking wrecked my head! Aghh, f**k off and stop profiteering on being a waste of space, drug addicted, alcoholic **** parent!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nordisk celt83

Oh, and that ad where the granny goes 'is it free willy?' How is that funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Also that gamespot ad. that kid singing about getting a new game should be shot.

hahahahahahahahaha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That one for McDonalds with the Granny "Is it brokeback mountain?"

NO IT BLOODY ISNT YOU MORON, why is that supposed to be in any way entertaining?
    (The Quality Street McFlurry is savage though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

That meteor ad with the girl ice skating, the lyrics of the song something like "We were dancing.... cheek to cheek etc..."
    Annoying rubbish.

And that beyonce jewellery ad where she screams: "diamonds are a girls best friend".

CyberWaste wrote: »
    That meteor ad with the girl ice skating, the lyrics of the song something like "We were dancing.... cheek to cheek etc..."

That's for Vodafone but yeah, Meteor's one is rubbish too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Karoma wrote: »
    All of them. Those Lynx adverts with the bomchickawahwah **** really gets on my tits... Just clicked upon http://5x5m.com/files/bomchickawahwah/ as I read this post. I hate it even more.

Aagh!

Don't ever do that again. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement