Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GDD84

I love Steve and Rachel. I would love to get to know them

Lisha wrote: »
    That hotel ad with the young bell boy being 'deflowered' by the older guest is a bit disturbing and in poor taste.

And not to forget....its shíte.

GDD84 wrote: »
    I love Steve and Rachel. I would love to get to know them

What was Rachael in before? She looks familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

What was Rachael in before? She looks familiar?

The OTHER ****ing Steve and Rachel ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Boop!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Ha ha well obviously. Think she was in fairly shítty though at some stage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

That Steve/Rachel Rachel/Steve ad. Just **** off ye twats.

Steve, yes. Rachel on the other hand? I'd be up the next door drain pipe with a vengeance come bath night faster than Franck McCourt in Angela's Ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Uncle Ben's Grease pastiche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

The Shredded Wheat ad with the lad dancing round in his giant trousers. I don't get it. He hadn't taken a dump since the kids were born? Are the giant pants there cos since he eats Shredded Wheat he's on one long fart and needs the wafting room? Spinning round to release his toxins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Really sick of seeing that chewing gum ad,where the pizza starts talkin in an Italian accent and starts tellin me man to take his clothes off.
    Twas funny the first time,now tis just downright annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

thalia_13 wrote: »
    The new UPC missing dog ad.

Thing that annoys about ad is that loads of dogs go missing every year, unless they've a sh1t tonne of money to throw at their campaign or know the right people it's highly unlikely anyone would write a song about it and it would hardly be on the news either.

And that ending with the bird going missing, I imagine most people would think 'those attention seeking c*nts again' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Thing that annoys about ad is that loads of dogs go missing every year, unless they've a sh1t tonne of money to throw at their campaign or know the right people it's highly unlikely anyone would write a song about it

You've just reminded me of that really unbelievably stupid WAHAN-DAAA ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Meteors add with the stupid ****ing goat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Thing that annoys about ad is that loads of dogs go missing every year, unless they've a sh1t tonne of money to throw at their campaign or know the right people it's highly unlikely anyone would write a song about it and it would hardly be on the news either.

And that ending with the bird going missing, I imagine most people would think 'those attention seeking c*nts again' :rolleyes:

Also did the lad from the 3 ad give your one the heave-ho, or what? 3 little words: Get. ****ing. Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Meteors add with the stupid ****ing goat

Yep, it's dire...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Those Trivago "we know everything about hotels" ads.
    Each one more irritating & tiresome than the last.

Will these torments never cease?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

jca wrote: »
    Yep, it's dire...

was waiting for this one to surface , they must have rehired there christmas advertising committee from a couple of years back , who ever puts the rubber stamp on these adverts is an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That talking white bear in the HotelsCombined ad.

Sounds like someone doing an impression of Matthew McConaughey when he goes "that's right".

Creepy as feck

• Registered Users Posts: 15,250 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I really hate the Iron Bru (sp) ad with the guy in the train toilet.

Maybe Scottish people find it good or funny but I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That mobile phone ad with your man slipping. Yesss that was hilariously funny when it happened 5 years ago. There's new funny stuff on the internet every single day why would we go back and watch THAT over and over again now just because we have more data???

Plus also I feel for the guy (completely unidentifiable I know) let it go phone company let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I really hate the Iron Bru (sp) ad with the guy in the train toilet.

Maybe Scottish people find it good or funny but I don't get it.

And the baby one being called Fanny.

What is iron bru anyway???? The ads sure aren't making me thinking of buying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I haven't seen that ad yet but from your description of it I can pretty much picture the whole bloody thing in my head from beginning to end.At this stage I feel I can read the minds of the execs who come up these concepts and second guess what theyre going to come up with next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What the hell is 'Secrets and Dares'?

Do advert writers have any clue about anything at all? (No need to reply, I know they don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When making the dinner around 5-ish, I like to have ITV3 on in the background, the old comedies are reminders of my childhood. What I hate are the ads, all aimed at the older folk, stairlifts, funeral plans, ready meals, and featuring 'celebrities' from bygone days like Ronnie Corbett and Michael Parkinson. Those ads give me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

some really dodgy ads on eurosport. 2 ads for alpecin shampoo and another 1 for some bidding website with really crappy grapics and dodgy voiceovers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭dee_mc

neris wrote: »
    some really dodgy ads on eurosport. 2 ads for alpecin shampoo and another 1 for some bidding website with really crappy grapics and dodgy voiceovers

That Alpecin one is mindbogglingly stupid and pointless - I've only seen it once but the horror remains

madmaggie wrote: »
    When making the dinner around 5-ish, I like to have ITV3 on in the background, the old comedies are reminders of my childhood. What I hate are the ads, all aimed at the older folk, stairlifts, funeral plans, ready meals, and featuring 'celebrities' from bygone days like Ronnie Corbett and Michael Parkinson. Those ads give me the creeps.
    But you can get a free Parker pen, just for inquiring.
    A Parker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Elite Singles. The ad and the concept. Oliver I can understand, he looks like the kind of tool who would feel he deserves this but big earred Claire? Come on Wingnut, don't limit your options!

What about that utterly ridiculous Opel Mokka ad?

That smug pretentious tool 'with guts' deserves to come out of the shop to find his Mokka up on blocks with a 'ho ho ho' message from 'Santy' sprayed across the side panels.

• Advertisement

What about that utterly ridiculous Opel Mokka ad?

That smug pretentious tool 'with guts' deserves to come out of the shop to find his Mokka up on blocks with a 'ho ho ho' message from 'Santy' sprayed across the side panels.

He strides off with a big self-satisfied grin on his face as if he's just made the most brilliantly witty remark ever.

Utter prat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement