Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Yeah but.... His Opel has tech that better cars had a decade ago & the mannish-voiced café women were impressed!

Totally worth being a dick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That new go compare ad on itv3 utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I know it's been up here before but that Wahanda ad. Kill it with fire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

That no nonsense add makes me scream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Vanarama ad is annoying as is any advert that has an animal talking on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

smilerf wrote: »
    That no nonsense add makes me scream

Me too. That and pretty much every insurance ad would drive one mad. Pretentious and misleading.

The stupidist ad so far this year is the cider ad with the 'fox' and the 'farmer'. I do not see either and only see a crowd of young idiots who are crying out to run into trouble with a Nidge type. It would be coola boola to see a sequel to this ad with some of the idiots in it tied up in the back of a van with Nidge drinking cider with one hand and a gun pointed to them with the other! I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The stupidist ad so far this year is the cider ad with the 'fox' and the 'farmer'. I do not see either and only see a crowd of young idiots who are crying out to run into trouble with a Nidge type. It would be coola boola to see a sequel to this ad with some of the idiots in it tied up in the back of a van with Nidge drinking cider with one hand and a gun pointed to them with the other! I wish.

Utter muppets, hipsters with hats and masks acting the bollicks. For this ad alone I will not drink Orchard Thieves. :mad:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Utter muppets, hipsters with hats and masks acting the bollicks. For this ad alone I will not drink Orchard Thieves. :mad:

Yes. It is the worst drink ad I have seen for a long, long time. Who the hell dreams these up? At least with ones like the 'Carlsberg don't do' ads, there is a bit of humor thrown in. The Guinness ads often are so weird they are funny. The Heineken ads make sense. But this one?

I won't let this ad stop being drinking this cider if I find it on good offer. But it sure as hell would not make one go out of their way to get it either. So far, I have not tasted this cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yes. It is the worst drink ad I have seen for a long, long time. Who the hell dreams these up? At least with ones like the 'Carlsberg don't do' ads, there is a bit of humor thrown in. The Guinness ads often are so weird they are funny. The Heineken ads make sense. But this one?

I won't let this ad stop being drinking this cider if I find it on good offer. But it sure as hell would not make one go out of their way to get it either. So far, I have not tasted this cider.
    It gives people the trots apparently.

They don't show that in the ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Apologies if it has already been mentioned but the muller ads with Nicole Scherzinger and the stupid face she pulls and the giggle when she falls/slips etc

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

The vhi one where the guy says he was at the zoo, then it was like he got slammed in the chest, he had a three cm hole in his aorta or wherever.
    So I'm left thinking oh my god what animal attacked you? How did we never hear this on the news?

Also the vhi one where the woman is delighted her insurance covers her for cancer treatment. Surely it's the least you would expect for the price of the premium you pay for it?!

The Stenna Line ad, with the brat of a child leaping on the freshly made bed while the girl who just made it smiles adoringly...

Misleading ain't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Several recent advertisements have featured the voices of Irish children speaking with a marked "English warble".
    E.g. "In ancient times..." from one for "Rice Krispies" and "suitable for all ages" from another promoting the "Animal Inside-Out" exhibition.

This mode of speaking is an insufferable assault upon the ears of the hearer and, as attested by the wisest physicians in the land, gravely injurious to the health - physical and moral - of the speaker. It must be stamped out, now, while still confined to the young.

The sternest of admonishments, the severest of punishments, birthdays & Christmas cancelled! No effort should be spared in directing these children away from this most abhorrent and pernicious of habits.

"Spare the rod and spoil the child"!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Has anyone else noticed the bad CGI pool table and campervan? They disintegrate if you look at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Looks like the stupidly low-def, terribly dubbed & uselessly rushed Burger King campaign is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The new Ribena add.

Have not heard a more annoying tune since the dreaded Trivago add last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That Bord Gais ad scuttering on about back to school and how their bundle will save you money yadda yadda yadda. Christ on a crutch, back to school advertising for school books and uniforms is annoying enough without utility companies jumping all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

The KBC 'kind of life' ad. All of their customers seem to be obnoxious grassholes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The latest VHI ad with "Valerie",who was covered while working abroad.I just can't stand the way she talks.

And it seems that damned "....it's a woman's problem..." ad has reared its ugly head again-or did it ever go away??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

And it seems that damned "....it's a woman's problem..." ad has reared its ugly head again-or did it ever go away??

I'm surprised they haven't filmed a follow up ad where he rings her again and her response is 'Ehhhh.......my fanny is still bleeding' and then it cuts back to him taking a running jump out the window.

Has anyone else noticed the bad CGI pool table and campervan? They disintegrate if you look at them!

This means I will have to look at this stupid ad again to see!

ollaetta wrote: »
    That Bord Gais ad scuttering on about back to school and how their bundle will save you money yadda yadda yadda. Christ on a crutch, back to school advertising for school books and uniforms is annoying enough without utility companies jumping all over it.

Don't even see the connection between these 2 things? :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The couple barking like sealions beside the swimming pool. Jesus that woman is so annoying :mad: I want to club the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

New AIB ad with pampered child going around to grown-ups asking 'how's she cuttin' or something of that style (isn't this soooooo cute :rolleyes:)

This, coupled with that piercing, shrill, nerve-grating voice over of the female narrator with her false, D4 aspired accent just turns this ad into a nightmarish symphony of pure horridness.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    New AIB ad with pampered child going around to grown-ups asking 'how's she cuttin' or something of that style (isn't this soooooo cute :rolleyes:)

This, coupled with that piercing, shrill, nerve-grating voice over of the female narrator with her false, D4 aspired accent just turns this ad into a nightmarish symphony of pure horridness

BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The new Aerial (think its them, the detergent) one.

You seriously expect me to believe 100s of people gathered to see a feckin sheet get washed? Not to mention

1 There are two different sheets, so the before and after comparison is instantly flawed

2. Was there a washer on the premises?

3. Why the eff are they acting like this is some sort of inspirational moment with the music and kids being lifted to see this wonder of a clean sheet. Its a feckin sheet!!

The new Aerial (think its them, the detergent) one.

You seriously expect me to believe 100s of people gathered to see a feckin sheet get washed?

Yeah, if there was free or cheap alcohol being served at such an event :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

This, coupled with that piercing, shrill, nerve-grating voice over of the female narrator with her false, D4 aspired accent just turns this ad into a nightmarish symphony of pure horridness.

F**k me that's the kind of sh*te that boils my blood. I watch pretty much no Irish TV so hopefully I'll avoid it.

The newest Orchard Thieves ad is another abomination. The douche with the bowler type hat annoys the f*ck out of me. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement