Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The new Galaxy ad with the girl singing and the guy rapping Moon River.

SO. MUCH. CRINGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Valentina wrote: »
    The new Galaxy ad with the girl singing and the guy rapping Moon River.

SO. MUCH. CRINGE.

Its crap but still I thought it was an improvement on their previous Moon River ad with the woman taking the bus drivers hat and hitching a ride in a car. I hated that ad as it was all done on a computer using graphics and was completely fake. At least the current one has a couple of human beings in it, which is a vast improvement on their previous efforts where they didn't even bother employing a few actors.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The girl in that Galaxy ad is Chanele McGuinness from Donegal, I haven't seen the ad so I can't comment on it, but she has a great voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

The colgate whitening ad, the woman who has a face that is all teeth, grinning like a cheshire cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Don't know if this has been mentioned already... The Avonmore ad that comes on before and after the weather.

La, la, la, la, la, la
    La, la, la, la, la, la

AAAAAAGGGGHHH!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The petit filou ad with the child lecturing the adults. Her voice would shatter glass.

Theres a whole sub category of ads featuring children speaking/behaving like adults.Utterly hate them,the kids in them are always irritating brats and the whole thing is anything but cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

darkdubh wrote: »
    Theres a whole sub category of ads featuring children speaking/behaving like adults.Utterly hate them,the kids in them are always irritating brats and the whole thing is anything but cute.

And another sub category of adults speaking/behaving like kids, that creep me out no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

There's an ad running for some one of the a$$hole insurances at the moment, think it's Aviva, where it just keeps hopping from one scene to the next, after barely 1 second, of people doing stuff like setting off car alarms, hopping football off car, kids fighting in back seat of car, petrol pump counter, some lad listening to football match in car, some wan singing opera in her car, kids gurgling or crying etc., etc.

It's like an ad for people with attention deficit syndrome : "chirp > click > beepbeep > thump > clank > rev > goooooaallll > click > slurp > girglegurgle > waaah > luhllllaaaaaalllaaaalaaaaaaaaaawwww > honk > rev > try-it-now > line-of-bs-about-value "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its crap but still I thought it was an improvement on their previous Moon River ad with the woman taking the bus drivers hat and hitching a ride in a car. I hated that ad as it was all done on a computer using graphics and was completely fake. At least the current one has a couple of human beings in it, which is a vast improvement on their previous efforts where they didn't even bother employing a few actors.

Audrey Hepburn.

Back from the dead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I hate that $h1th€@d in the Oxendales ad. The same wagon who's in the laser eye surgery ad I think. So fake.

• Advertisement

testimonial-celia-holman-lee.jpg

My eyes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Thankfully, that blasted Orchard Thieves ad is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

sligeach wrote: »
    testimonial-celia-holman-lee.jpg

My eyes. :pac:
    Who is she? She always announces herself like you're supposed to know who she is and care about what she thinks. She's always presented the way they would a supermodel aswell not someones grandmother. One of those "socialites" that the Independent chooses to raise up at random based on someone knowing someone no doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Cookie jar. That ad makes my ears bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Cookie jar. That ad makes my ears bleed.

Thanks a lot, stupid song is now embedded in my head again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oreo- wolves don't eat fecking biscuits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Thargor wrote: »
    Who is she? She always announces herself like you're supposed to know who she is and care about what she thinks. She's always presented the way they would a supermodel aswell not someones grandmother. One of those "socialites" that the Independent chooses to raise up at random based on someone knowing someone no doubt...

The missus says she's Celia Holman Lee and is "famous" for, eh......, something or other.

One quick check of Wiki later............."Irish model, fashion stylist and television presenter" no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,879 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ollaetta wrote: »
    The missus says she's Celia Holman Lee and is "famous" for, eh......, something or other.

One quick check of Wiki later............."Irish model, fashion stylist and television presenter" no less.

Too many last names, and too many job descriptions, for me to take any of them seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

duridian wrote: »
    There's an ad running for some one of the a$$hole insurances at the moment, think it's Aviva, where it just keeps hopping from one scene to the next, after barely 1 second, of people doing stuff like setting off car alarms, hopping football off car, kids fighting in back seat of car, petrol pump counter, some lad listening to football match in car, some wan singing opera in her car, kids gurgling or crying etc., etc.

It's like an ad for people with attention deficit syndrome : "chirp > click > beepbeep > thump > clank > rev > goooooaallll > click > slurp > girglegurgle > waaah > luhllllaaaaaalllaaaalaaaaaaaaaawwww > honk > rev > try-it-now > line-of-bs-about-value "

I keep on thinking that's a road safety ad, and that it's going to end in a fiery crash, with someone telling us in a serious voice to keep our eyes on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

duridian wrote: »

Another awful insurance ad. These ads go from bad to worse. Just waiting for the next No Nonsense nonsense ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I hate that $h1th€@d in the Oxendales ad. The same wagon who's in the laser eye surgery ad I think. So fake.

The laser eye ad makes me laugh because in one scene she's on her iPhone and the screen is clearly calling someone but she keeps swiping at it like she's doing something else. Obviously she can't actually see what she's doing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

MadDog76 wrote: »

I don't know why but I hate this man.

Well it doesn't help his case that he us the smuggest bastards around combined with the fact that he pretty much calls all his patients stupid and incapable of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

McDonalds Curry ad, but this time with an Indian twist! And somehow more irritating than the original ad, which I thought would have been impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

RosieJoe wrote: »
    McDonalds Curry ad, but this time with an Indian twist! And somehow more irritating than the original ad, which I thought would have been impossible.

Still got Mr. Vedge-tebbles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

ollaetta wrote: »

Is she in the Oxendales ad for Downton Abbey too? Its a dreadful ad. Would never ever encourage me to do anything other than not shop using Oxendales.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

efb wrote: »
    Oreo- wolves don't eat fecking biscuits

aw, i love that song..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Why was Tom 'he's new too' dropped from the Aero ad? Did he leave her because of that frilly black dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

vektarman wrote: »
    Why was Tom 'he's new too' dropped from the Aero ad? Did he leave her because of that frilly black dress?

Could have been a few complaints.

Or maybe he just got a bit of a rash, and left:confused:

I hate every Global Home Improvements ad ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I hate every Global Home Improvements ad ever made.

They don't just make windows you know..... Dead right there, they make me extremely angry:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement