Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just seen this new Leap card advert and in it they bring up a map of Ireland to show what cities you can use the card in, only it looks like Galway is where Westport should be, Limerick is where Galway should be and Dublin encompasses pretty much all of County Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nearly all of them are a pain in the arse these days. So much so, that I just hit the mute button when they come on.

But, some you can't escape, like that feckin Virgin advert announcing their takeover of UPC.

Christ on a bike... :mad:

Tony EH wrote: »
    Nearly all of them are a pain in the arse these days. So much so, that I just hit the mute button when they come on.

But, some you can't escape, like that feckin Virgin advert announcing their takeover of UPC.

Christ on a bike... :mad:

Do you want them to resurrect Pixie the Dog instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

What sound does the train make?? .......mute......... its over. I hate that ad with a passion I don't even know what it's for....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sarcastic dentist guy "well are you still using the toothpaste"

"Nope I'll start using it again, along with changing to a new dentist thank you very much".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"What noise does mummy's car make?"

"duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh"

What sort of a sound is duh duh duh duh duh? And what kind of a stupid question is that anyway?

amdublin wrote: »
    Sarcastic dentist guy "well are you still using the toothpaste"

"Nope I'll start using it again, along with changing to a new dentist thank you very much".

I HATE that guy! I posted about this before. If you listen closely you will hear him say, "say" before almost every sentence.

"My clients tells me he still has sensitive teeth. Say...Well are you still using Sensodyne? Say no....Say...well you need to keep using it" etc. :mad: Listen closely next time and think if me! :D

Vinnie the Frog and her faux Yank accent. Aykwa zone at the naaaaaytional aykwaaaaatic cendre.... Fúck you Vinnie. Fúck you and your entire frog family.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

any of those bord gas ads. who the fcuk walks around and thinks about their gas supplier and their "super" deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

OldNotWIse wrote: »

What sort of a sound is duh duh duh duh duh? And what kind of a stupid question is that anyway?

Haven't heard that one, anyone got a link to it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I HATE that guy! I posted about this before. If you listen closely you will hear him say, "say" before almost every sentence.

"My clients tells me he still has sensitive teeth. Say...Well are you still using Sensodyne? Say no....Say...well you need to keep using it" etc. :mad: Listen closely next time and think if me! :D

Maybe he is saying "So" like that freaking awful habit that has sprung up relTively recently.

"Tell us how you got started in this business"?

"So I got an idea... "

Boils my urine Big Time, I say, BIG TIME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Haven't heard that one, anyone got a link to it?

You don't want to hear it, believe me you don't it's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

That Heineken add with the nob getting the coin to the ref , very time he bumps into Lomu I want him to go into a rage and tear his left arm off him and beat him to death with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

neris wrote: »
    any of those bord gas ads. who the fcuk walks around and thinks about their gas supplier and their "super" deals

And who thinks "why are there no funny online videos about spreadsheets?" According to that ad that is what business people are thinking about - a bit insulting to our business people I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

It's a radio advertisement but Eurocycles Eurobaby ad has to be the worst thing in the world.

The cartoon UPC ad over summer with a hedgehog on a skateboard used to drive me up the wall also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Meteor extra ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Really hate that Nissan ad!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

There's a VHI healthcare advert where the guy is on about breaking his finger playing hockey.
    That guy really sickens my hole.
    So much so that I'd love to break everyone of his poxy fingers.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Heineken add with the nob getting the coin to the ref , very time he bumps into Lomu I want him to go into a rage and tear his left arm off him and beat him to death with it.
    Crash Bang Boomerang... :mad:

Heineken ads are repulsive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Casey78 wrote: »
    There's a VHI healthcare advert where the guy is on about breaking his finger playing hockey.
    That guy really sickens my hole.
    So much so that I'd love to break everyone of his poxy fingers.:mad:

I fcuking detest those ads. I probably wouldn't mind if I saw it only once a day but twice on every fcuking ad break on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Electric Ireland prepay ad. The father/husband is portrayed like a big eejit in the shower with the suds on his face. Yet another ad where the man is an imbecile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The SSE Airtricity ad with the orangutan at the fun fair. I just find it so depressing! It makes me really sad. Also kind of feels like a Christmas ad, which confuses me even more!

Me too! The poor orangutan is so alone in the ad. I don't get it at all.

Also the first time I saw it I thought SSE were announcing they were doing something to conserve rainforests/help orangutans... but they don't appear to be? What's the link between the two?! :confused:

That jam ad where the father cant find his keys is so weird, "Not like your keys dad!", theres something really off-putting about it, definitely does not make me want to buy jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Don't really despise this one, but can't get it out of my head that SHUSHLAHUNGA is not a promo for TG4's latest Weknowgooddramaweshowgooddrama.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

The new Opel ads are so badly dubbed it's as if they can't be arsed anymore.
    The Ethihad airways one with the rugby ball"any truth about you and the supermodel" Jesus H Christ all the millions they have is that the best they can come up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Valentina wrote: »
    Me too! The poor orangutan is so alone in the ad. I don't get it at all.

Also the first time I saw it I thought SSE were announcing they were doing something to conserve rainforests/help orangutans... but they don't appear to be? What's the link between the two?! :confused:

I think i read somewhere that it was some "creative's" depiction of what it would feel like to experience electricity for the first time.

Utterly uninspired and with no intelligence to it.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The Barclays life skills ads that are on English tv. Absolute headwreckers the lot of them

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Its not getting a lot of playtime but has anyone seen a McDonalds ad where they want to give their (utterly bland and tasteless) wraps "street cred" so they get a girl with loads of eyeshadow and tatoos to make stupid faces at the camera while she puts the wrap together? Its the cringiest ad Ive seen in a long time, they imply that making chicken wraps is her passion and thats why she works there, other companies do it with tattoo parlours and that kind of thing but working in a McDonalds FFS?

Also no fast food place would allow that much makeup near the food, same for all the piercings and jewelry, same for no hairnet. They'd probably even tell her to cover up the tattoos...
    Uh-oh, looks like they've increased it to every ad break now, the smug look she gives the camera after she serves them... Did the marketing people really think they could sell working in McDonalds this way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement